Posts by roy360

3 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
roy360 says

Hey guys,

Found a designer partner and it’s time to break ground on some themes. I’m going to be in charge of the HTML / CSS conversion, I have a lot of experience in this area.

Are there any helpful resources out there? I’ll be using the skeleton css boilerplate so I’m all set there. I notice all the themes have the ability to change their colors, using a “switcher”. Is this something I need to create myself or are there public ones out there to use?

Not sure if I’ll need anything else, if there are any blog articles out there about starting as an author on ThemeForest that would be helpful.

Thanks guys!

3 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
roy360 says

Hey guys,

I finally found a designer that wants to partner up with me. He seems like a nice guy, but how can I protect myself?

I just met him and I’m about to put in a ton of work to convert his PSD to HTML / CSS. He wants to alternative, where we take turns putting the products on our accounts. (His account first…)

He’s all the way in the Netherlands, so I figure a contract won’t really do much. He said he’d provide me with documentation at the end of each month with sales statistics and I would get paid on the 15th of each month.

What is stopping him from just taking my HTML / CSS build and never responding to me again? If he does do this, can I get Themeforest to take the template down? Would I need a contract to prove that I did the work?

Thanks guys!

3 posts
roy360 says

Hello,

I’m looking to get a theme up on themeforest.net. I’ve been a programmer / web developer for over 4 years and have no design experience.

Is there anyone out there looking to be more of a designer and stay away from code? Let me know! I’d like to get a theme up but need a design to code.

I’d like to start with creating your design in HTML / CSS and eventually moving it into Wordpress.

Please drop me an email (mroy360@gmail.com) if you have a design sitting around and need it built! I figure we can partner up and agree on a good percentage split per sale.

Feel free to checkout my portfolio (http://www.roywebdesign.net)!

- Mike (I’m 23 years old and from the US)

by
by
by
by
by
by