Posts by scottwills

2959 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says
It could well be me or should this perhaps be highlighted somewhere?

:)

2959 posts
+16 more
@SonicCube We want to make it as simple as possible so we can’t list every combination of what is or what is not allowed. In your case, your title was edited because it did not make sense, the phrasing in the ( ) was not needed, and there was no need for the spaces between the brackets and the wording. So basically, we reserve the right to tidy-up anything that looks untidy or a little off. :) If ever you feel we edit something but cut-off something that’s really important to you, please write to support so we can double-check the title for you. We’re obviously not in the process of totally re-writing your titles, that’s up to you, we just want to be sure they’re formatted and spelled correctly and that everything looks professional on our site. :)

Hello Scott

Thanks for answering. I have no problem that my title has been changed, not at all. Just asking what exactly should be avoided, so we save your time from editing titles in the future.

Cheers Daniel

Hey Daniel, no problem, I knew exactly that you were just seeking clarification. I’m glad you asked, it’s always best to ask questions if something is not quite clear. In fact, our choice of words “File Naming” is totally misleading, I’ll see if we can improve that. :D

2959 posts
+16 more

I think that’s why the Item Requests thread was created – so customers could ask authors about music/files they want. And I have always allowed you guys to respond to those type of threads with links to your files. :) It’s just about using common sense. If someone starts a thread in the main AudioJungle lobby about Daft Punk for example, and then someone responds with, “Oh, I have a song that sounds like Daft Punk, here’s the link!”, then that is blatant self promotion.

I hope that answers your question, but I’ll ask one of the support gurus to swing-by and see if they can offer any additional information/help for you. :)

2959 posts
+16 more

Hey guys, we’re simply referring to the name of your track NOT the actual file names inside your .zip. :)

@Symphony-of-Specters No, you will not be allowed to append your Title with (SB) etc any more. We decided that it has no value for customers.

@SonicCube We want to make it as simple as possible so we can’t list every combination of what is or what is not allowed. In your case, your title was edited because it did not make sense, the phrasing in the ( ) was not needed, and there was no need for the spaces between the brackets and the wording. So basically, we reserve the right to tidy-up anything that looks untidy or a little off. :) If ever you feel we edit something but cut-off something that’s really important to you, please write to support so we can double-check the title for you. We’re obviously not in the process of totally re-writing your titles, that’s up to you, we just want to be sure they’re formatted and spelled correctly and that everything looks professional on our site. :)

2959 posts
+16 more

The review team have been editing Item Titles for a while now on AudioJungle in order to keep the marketplace looking professional (see the announcement we made last year).

This is now going to become standard practice across all marketplaces, so please try to follow our rules for your Item Titles when submitting new content. Here’s a list of everything you need to know, please take a moment to read:

Item Title Naming Convention

In particular, please note:

• Your file won’t be rejected if it does not conform to our conventions, but our reviewers will be changing your Item Title if it does not follow our naming convention.
  • You will no longer be allowed to include your author name in the Item Title. Not everyone does this, but there is now an official rule preventing this.

Thanks in advance for everyone’s co-operation. :)

2959 posts
+16 more

You’ve got 3 days left to get your submissions in, boys and girls! Competition entry deadline is Friday at midnight. See first post in this thread for full details. Good luck!! :D

2959 posts
+16 more
As I see the situation, the most customers for such things are people who need music for commercials. They need a definite ending, not fade out. This ending has a special function in a commercial.

Right. If you’re producing a track specifically for use in commercials, makes total sense to add a definite end to the track instead of trying to loop it. Take a look at the 5 top selling corporate tracks on AudioJungle, they all have definite endings. :)

2959 posts
+16 more

Hey Sergei,

You are allowed to include multiple versions of a track in the same upload if you wish. It will only be priced as one file/submission however. So that affords you the option of uploading a file with different endings.

My personal opinion on how songs end however is that, if it’s a good enough track, the customer is going to buy/use it anyway and it doesn’t really matter how it ends as long as the quality is there. One thing to add to that statement however is that, a customer cannot change a faded-out track, but they can fade out a track themselves, should they wish to, to a track that is looped at the end. So a looped ending actually gives more flexibility than a track that is pre-faded out.

My thoughts are that, whether a track is looped, it ends on a note, or whether it’s faded out should be determined by the composer/producer based on the direction, purpose and creative license of the track. Meaning, I typically figure out the direction of a track I create and how it’s going to end mostly by the genre and how I imagine the track will be used. Envisioning how and where the track will be used (film, game, web, presentation etc…) may be the defining influence on how you close a track. There’s no expectation to loop a gentle, improvised piano piece for example, yet there’s more reason to loop a dance/electronic track if you envision it being used in a game or a Web site.

Again, that’s just a personal opinion, there is no right or wrong answer. Maybe there are some customers here who would like to offer their thoughts? We’d love to hear them. :)

2959 posts
+16 more

Life’s hard in the reviewing dungeons, just as Drew explains. It got so bad seeing the same banner rotators and preloaders day-in and day-out, Lance had to come around and help us all individually…

http://bit.ly/dhQ34a

2959 posts
+16 more
I simply love this one… one of the coolest vids I’ve seen in the last time

CRAZY ENOUGH

http://vimeo.com/5239398

Nice! Reminds me of how closely I pay attention to movie opening credits, it always excites me when a movie opens with creative opening credits and special/unique motion typography.

again and again amazing…

http://vimeo.com/7936431

I love this kind of fusion between music and motion graphics. I’ll share this out with our Twitter followers, nice find and thanks for sharing!

by
by
by
by
by
by