Posts by scottwills

2752 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+17 more
scottwills Envato team says

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Catch22. :) I agree that we should always look to improve our system, especially if it saves authors time uploading files.

Uploading 100 files at once is a rarity however. Most authors here upload in very small batches. So investing a lot of time and money at the moment just to cater for one or two of the hundreds of AJ authors is not a priority for us at the moment I’m afraid. I’m sorry if that sounds so blunt, but I’m pretty honest with people when it comes to what we can do and how realistically we can expect to see those changes. :) If I start to see stats that show more and more people uploading 100s of files all at once, I’d be glad to consider and propose a solution along the lines of what you’re asking for. I totally see your point though, having some kind of FTP system would be more effective for large quantities of submissions as well as large file size submissions (music packs in WAV format for example).

That said, for any authors like yourself who want to upload multiple files at the same time, you can! Just as you mentioned in your post, when you click the “Upload” button and select your files to upload, choose ALL your files. 20 x preview mp3s and 20 x main .zip files. This will take some time to upload, but I can assure you that the system saves those files (they remain in the system for 24 hours) and you can simply select them from your upload list via the dropdown on every subsequent submission you make. It’s not perfect but it does save a lot of time in the interim. :)

My other recommendation to you or anyone else who has 100s of files to upload is, just upload a few at a time. Especially for brand new authors. New authors invariably forget something when they first join and when the same mistake is applied 20 times over to all their uploads, it can be frustrating to get 20 rejections when you first join! :)

So do I need to warn the review team that you have 100 new files about to be uploaded? :D

2752 posts
+17 more

My initials. S + W. Working together. As a team.

You know when someone is really bored when a thread like this pops up. :D

2752 posts
+17 more

We had a similar question a while back for AudioJungle and the answer was that the customer needed to purchase the item using the Extended License if the file was going to be used for educational purposes. I am 99% sure this applies to all marketplaces too and therefore, until further info/notification is given, please use the Extended License.

If the author is not opted-in to sell his/her items using the Extended License, shoot them an e-mail. Hope this helps, Matt! :)

2752 posts
+17 more

Hey Joel, I’ve scheduled a tweet to go out later today to help with your virtual band formation. Hope you get some positive responses! :)

2752 posts
+17 more
Too late for Chrsitmas, but I also want a “Tenori-On” too : http://musicthing.blogspot.com/2007/10/yamaha-tenori-on-review-many-good.html

Monomes are so intriguing aren’t they?! No matter what your musical ability is you just want to pick one up and start programming and interacting with it. If you’re looking to get into monomes, Andy, check out this video demonstrating MaxForLive, certainly takes the pain out of setting-up a monome:

http://vimeo.com/7788941

The original/genuine monomes are incredibly hard to find, they only make so many at a time. Their latest model, the GrayScale 64 sold out in only two-and-a-half hours! Sometimes they make kits available so you can build your own if you’re desperate to get one:

http://monome.org/40h/kit

Does anyone here already have one?

2752 posts
+17 more

Good to see you around again, Daniel, Happy New Year! Animusic is a classic, I’d forgotten about that one, good to see it again! :)

2752 posts
+17 more

Great job everyone! I already see the Cinematic Masterpieces collection is getting good exposure and making some sales! :)

Lance from ActiveDen asked me to put together a collection of audio suitable for the Flash gaming genre which you can find here: Audio & Sound for Games.

This collection is getting exposure on the ActiveDen home page right now so it has potential to reach a lot of Flash users and Flash game developers. If anyone has high quality, suitable audio that I have not already added to that collection, please drop me a line, I would be glad to consider adding it for you! :)

2752 posts
+17 more

Good question! This is not currently possible I’m afraid. Your profile page will display results randomly so you can get a pretty good idea of who is following you from the random results. I imagine the devs set it up this way (only displaying a certain number of results) because it’s not such a huge system resource hog. If many authors were following 500+ people for example and were looking at their followers page all at the same time, it might take a while to return all those results and slow down the site as a whole (generally speaking). That said, I’ll put your suggestion forward for the team to review. :)

2752 posts
+17 more

No problem at all about throwing the request out there, Joel. What a great collaborative idea/project! Good luck, and please keep us posted with how everything develops! :)

2752 posts
+17 more

Hey Bob,

Welcome to AudioJungle! Please try again, and, if you continue to experience any issues, please contact support@envato.com. I just tried the upload form myself and everything appears to be working fine so you should be good to go! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by