Posts by scottwills

2710 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says

I’m really enjoying following your story, Adrian! And I love how you ended-up with the Yamaha MM8 , almost seems like it was destined to be! Now that the studio is almost complete I hope you’ll be able to find some time to start playing and recording again, that’s when the fun (and hard work!) will really begin. ;-)

2710 posts
+16 more
Edit : Now move the weekly features and free file sections below the recent items and it will be even better.

If you’re worried people won’t scroll down to see the recent items, check this out, will make you feel better: :-)

http://www.cxpartners.co.uk/thoughts/the_myth_of_the_page_fold_evidence_from_user_testing.htm

2710 posts
+16 more
I actually think it’s a good thing – there has been so many topics like “Are the reviewers sleeping?” that doens’ tmake a really good first impression to new customers / authors :-D

That’s a part of the reason for sure. :) The devs also found out that hardly anyone accessed the blogs and forums via the links on the home page and they were turning out to be a resources hog on the home page. So now the home page is fine-tuned with an extra row of fresh new items, more prominence for the featured author of the week, and it should now be a more lean, mean, marketplace machine. :)

2710 posts
+16 more

Maybe they wanted you to know and you just fell into their trap? :D

Seriously though, sounds like yet another awesome Envato site to me! :)

2710 posts
+16 more

You may be missing the point. ;-)

Besides, the times correlate with the times on the AudioJungle wallpaper so all’s good. :)

http://envato.s3.amazonaws.com/marketplace_wallpapers/AudioJungle.jpg

2710 posts
+16 more

That’s awesome, Gabe! I hope that video goes viral for you guys. Thanks for sharing! :)

By the way, I hope you’re not chin #1 or chin #4 because they frightened the life out of me. ;) :D

2710 posts
+16 more

Thanks for the feedback, Catch22Music. :) Automatic watermarking is something we have considered in the past and are currently looking into, but we cannot guarantee if/when this will roll out due to the time it takes to develop and implement into the site. We know it can be done, but it’s never that easy unfortunately. ;-) For example, if we were to implement such a feature, we’d have to find a way to automatically add the watermark to short, 1 – 3 second sound effects without completely destroying/covering the original sound effect. We would also have to consider the volume of the watermark so that it could be heard on louder pieces, but not be too overbearing on quieter pieces.

That is why the current manual watermarking process offers greater flexibility to the author, because either the single watermark or the 1-minute looped watermark (download from our Wiki) can quickly be added to a piece of audio to produce the watermarked preview. It literally only takes seconds to add it to your DAW which can then be bounced to produce the preview file.

Not everything is as black and white and as easy as it sounds unfortunately, but I do think it’s a great suggestion, thanks for sharing your thoughts! :)

2710 posts
+16 more

Hi Scott,

I submitted a file in October, and I want to know if this file will still be considered for upcoming months, or whether I should re-submit it?

Thanks, Jack

Hey Jack! No, there’s no need to resubmit, all previous submissions are always reconsidered, thanks for asking! :)

2710 posts
+16 more

Hey guys,

We’re always looking for new submissions for the Free File of the Month. Please see the first post in this thread if you would like to submit a track and get featured in 2010! Start the New Year with some extra AudioJungle promotion for your outstanding audio. :)

2710 posts
+16 more
Great Idea Scott!!!
  • Favorite Christmas Present Ever:
    Massive K’NEX set!!! Never stopped creating with it, even now I have a k’nex structure which hangs off my bed and can hold my sports bottle, my phone, my alarm, a book and a roll of toilet paper ( waaay more efficient than using a box of tissues :D )

Waaaay too much information there about the toilet roll, Reaper. :-o

by
by
by
by
by
by