If you want to include variations of the track you can, but small, individual files for different intros and outros are technically the same as construction kits which are now no longer allowed, sorry. In order for this rule to work we can’t really allow any exceptions and we need to remove any gray areas to make sure this is a super easy rule to follow.
Thanks for the feedback! Here are some extra comments that might help you understand why we need to enforce this rule:
- 99.9% of items in the music category contain just the main file in .mp3 and/or .wav format. That’s what customers expect and that’s what customers are saying they need/want.
- I think customers buy your particular files because they sound great, not necessarily because of the extra files you include.
- Clarifying this rule helps keep the market fair for all authors.
- This is now a much simpler rule which makes it easier for everyone to understand what is and what is not allowed.
- We were starting to see submissions get a little crazy with some authors uploading stems of their entire tracks, so it was time to clarify the rule.
- Download times for customers are kept to a minimum.
- As discussed, there MAY be a future opportunity for us to rework the Source Files category to accommodate stems / individual tracks/instruments and construction kits etc…
- It helps reduce proofing complexity and review time for reviewers. The faster we can review and proof everyone’s music, the happier authors are and the more choice customers get.
Thanks for understanding.
Hey agodesa, I just created a watermarked preview for, everything should be working okay now.
Thanks Scott! But, can you do the same thing for my Gas Sound? I watermarked and it’s mp3 but doesn´t works! Here’s the link: http://audiojungle.net/item/gas-sound-/106756
All done! Not sure what software you’re using to export your mp3 file but you might want to double-check your settings as both of your original files appeared to be corrupted. Good luck!
I think it’s about time we tightened-up our policy on what extra music files you can include with your Music category submissions. This is going to be especially important if/when we move towards a slightly different approach to our Source Files category.
- Your main file should only include your full track in .mp3 and/or .wav format.
- Individual, exported stems / tracks / instruments are NOT allowed.
- “Construction Kits” consisting of extra audio elements to allow the customer to “build” their own track are now NOT allowed.
A reminder about some related, existing rules:
- You are welcome to include variations of the same track in your submission if you wish. Meaning, if you have a 2 minute track, but you also want to include a shorter 30-second version, the only way to do this is by including both versions in the same submission. You are not allowed to upload separate submissions for variations of the same track. The only exception to this is that you are allowed 1 remix variation of an existing track IF it is significantly different from the original version.
- You are welcome and encouraged to “Pack” files together (that are all unique and are NOT variations of one another) and sell them in our Music Packs category. See the Music Pack upload instructions for more information.
Thanks in advance for everyone’s co-operation.
Please note – some people have asked me where they finished. Unfortunately, we simply do not have the time to do this so please do not ask. All winners were picked fairly and squarely. As per the original competition rules, the person with most codes found wins, and in the event of a tie, it was the first person to submit the most codes that won. Don’t forget that we also disqualified anyone who ran bots without actually searching the site for codes. We know who you are. Thanks for understanding and for everyone’s co-operation.
I congratulate all the winners! But Scott, I have a question:) if you look on the beginning of this forum is seen that Danielku said that he sent their codes later than me (” just made a joke, it wasn’t a serious comment, you know and I just submitted my entry… good luck hans”) , and I sent 16 codes on May 18 1:17:32 by the Ukrainian time…this is was 8 hours after you started the competition … Winners sent codes before me? I kept my letter in the Sent folder of letters and I can show it ..
He found/sent more than you, that’s why he won.