2941 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+17 more
scottwills Envato team says
Thanks Scott for keeping us informed.
So, how big is the issue and where is the actual problem ? Do devs have a clue yet ?

Hey Mihai, it’s a high priority for the devs and they’re going to roll out a short term solution soon – an alternative way to allow authors to upload content without any problems. What that looks like or how it functions I haven’t been told yet. I have been told that there’s also going to be a dedicated form soon too that will allow authors who are experiencing uploading issues to submit more detailed reports so we can actually analyze reports/problems more effectively. There’s also a longer term alternative solution that I can’t go into right now, but I can assure you that the devs are taking this matter very seriously and have contingency plans.

Meanwhile, I can only apologize for the frustration this must be causing you. If there’s any possibility you could upload your music while at a friend’s house or a relative’s house, that’s the only thing I can suggest right now. If it makes you feel any better, I am personally unable to upload files to another marketplace for similar reasons, so I can certain empathize with the frustration. We’ll get it sorted though, don’t worry, these things just take time to troubleshoot and resolve, particularly when it’s only affecting a small number of our authors.

Thanks again for understanding.

2941 posts
+17 more
i was just confused as to all the files that may need to be uploaded when submitting source files. i use reason, so i guess i would just upload the .rns file? and maybe a .wav of the version i came up with?.. if its as simple as that, i think i may just make a few beats just for this specific purpose.

Hey dxvid! Correct, make sure you include the .rns file if you are using Reason and also include a bounced version of the full track. Here are the full instructions:

http://audiojungle.net/upload/help?type=source-files

Good luck! :)

2941 posts
+17 more
One more thing, I’d really prefer uploading mp3’s at 320kbs, is that possible? Also, is that possible that the preview is 320kbs as well? :)
Preview should be 128kbps because it’s quicker to download/stream, but your main mp3 file that you sell can be 320kbps if you wish. :)
I already uploaded with 320kbs for preview and WAV for the download file. I saw that it’s recommened to use 128kbs, but I didn’t know it was mandatory :D. Should I delete them? Also, on some songs I get some unwanted glitches when exporting with 128kbs. There are portions in the song where it sounds like it’s a bad tape or something, that’s why I decided to go with 320kbs. :)

It’s not mandatory, it’s just a recommendation. It’s okay, no need to delete. :)

2941 posts
+17 more
so… how about now ?

Devs are still working on it.

2941 posts
+17 more
One more thing, I’d really prefer uploading mp3’s at 320kbs, is that possible? Also, is that possible that the preview is 320kbs as well? :)

Preview should be 128kbps because it’s quicker to download/stream, but your main mp3 file that you sell can be 320kbps if you wish. :)

2941 posts
+17 more
When will be ready ???

Ha, ha, all good things come to those who wait. ;)

The Flash part is built. We’re just waiting on the dev team to tweak the API so everything will really rock and roll when we release it. Don’t worry, it’s coming… :)

2941 posts
+17 more

I’ve been listening to some of the entries so far, this is going to be fiercely contested!! :D

2941 posts
+17 more
Thanks Scott :). I’ll start uploading some songs tonight. Is uploading song by song the only way to go, or can we use FTP as well? Also, if you can give a newbie a few tips I’d really appreciate it :D. Thanks :)

One submission at a time I’m afraid, there is no FTP option. When you literally upload your files via our upload form, you can upload many at the same time. Then, open multiple tabs in your browser, and just select the different/appropriate files for each upload. This is a little workaround you can use to speed things up a little bit. Meaning, your files are temporarily stored on our server (I think they sit there for about 24 hours) so you can select them for subsequent submissions. :)

Also, I recommend all new users read the following before they upload ANYTHING ! :)

http://audiojungle.net/upload/help?type=music

http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/how-to-avoid-getting-your-music-rejected/23898

2941 posts
+17 more
This is just perfect. It really couldn’t be better fit for my new website. I was wondering though, would it be possible to get a black-and-white version? It would fit the theme of the site.

Hey David! Colors will be customizable so you can make it blend-in seamlessly with your own Web site. How cool is that? :)

2941 posts
+17 more
hah this is nice, great. i’m wondering, are there any rules? since electronica has a lot of genre’s ;]

also, should we submit a loop or a whole song?

thanks

It should be a whole song, please, sorry if that was not made clear. We are going to use the winning track in our podcast. As for the electronica genre, see what’s listed under “Electronica” on this page:

http://audiojungle.net/category/

That should give you a little bit of creative freedom. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by