2853 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+17 more
scottwills Envato team says

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give VideoHive authors a heads-up that AudioJungle now has a new Bargain Basement section, which offers full, royalty-free music tracks, for only $1 and $2. We will be rotating audio in and out on a regular basis too, so I recommend keeping an eye on it.

The reason I’m mentioning it to you is because you might like to consider some of those bargain audio files for your VideoHive previews. So if you’re looking for some new music for your new VH preview to make it stand-out from the crowd, I encourage you to have a listen to the $1 and $2 files in our Bargain Basement.

You can use ANY AudioJungle audio you PURCHASE in your VideoHive preview files and you can use that audio unwatermarked, you are just not allowed to include the audio in the file you sell/redistribute.

Simultaneously, for those that do not know, you also have the opportunity of using watermarked AudioJungle preview music in your VideoHive previews, but ONLY if you follow the instructions on this Wiki page which is basically, (i) contact the author first, (ii) only use the watermarked audio and only use it in your preview file, (iii) credit the author and link to the AJ file in your description and (iv) let the VideoHive reviewers know about the audio when you upload your file.

Please let me know if you have any questions, glad to help, and I hope the Bargain Basement is useful to you! :-)

2853 posts
+17 more

In such a short period of time, the AudioJungle library has grown to 14,000+ items. There are some files that either no longer meet the current quality standards of AudioJungle or have just been forgotten about due to rapid growth. In cases where these files are over a year old, we’ve found a way to give them new life. We’re calling it the Bargain Basement – a collection of files with drastically reduced prices.

This collection will sit prominently on the home page to help these files get exposure at a bargain price, which will hopefully lead to increased sales. The files that thrive and are purchased repeatedly will be reinstated into the regular marketplace at their original price point. The files that continue to go unnoticed for whatever reason will be removed from the library to make way for newer, more relevant files.

The overall goal of the Bargain Basement is to keep our marketplace clean and tidy to ensure customers are always given high quality content to choose from. The fewer irrelevant files there are in every search, the better the search will be for buyers and sellers alike.

Don’t worry if your file gets sent to the Basement. The Basement will be featured on AudioJungle’s homepage so this will give both your file and you, as an author, more exposure. Files that may have been lost in the shuffle will be viewed again by a new and larger audience. It’s a great way to generate sales from files you may have written-off. If you don’t want your file being sold in the Bargain Basement, you are welcome to disable and remove it completely from AudioJungle should it be selected. Please note that files in the Bargain Basement will still be searchable in the regular marketplace. All authors will be informed by e-mail if/when their files are added to the Bargain Basement.

You can start using the Bargain Basement with immediate effect! Enjoy the bargain shopping! :-)

2853 posts
+17 more

That’s a good idea, remove the highest and lowest rating kinda like they do in some Olympic events. I know it’s frustrating when a file in unfairly rated for example and one bad rating affects the overall rating of a file.

To be honest with you, I don’t think the current rating system is all that useful in its current form for the needs of AudioJungle. Just like you said, why would someone listen to a track, buy it because they need it and like it, and then go and rate it anything less than 5? The person buying the file knows exactly what they are getting before they purchase it! :)

So that said, I can assure you that we are currently investigating a better way to rate files, particularly on AudioJungle, there’s just no telling at the moment when that solution might be implemented…

2853 posts
+17 more

The devs have now fixed this issue, Rodrigo! Thanks again for letting us know about it! :-)

2853 posts
+17 more
how can I download the preview file ? everytime I click on thge arrow-down button it opens a new site. But form there I can only playback and theres no chance to download. What is my mistake ? greetings Björn

Hi Björn! Basically, this is a local setting in your browser that you can setup/change yourself. If you’re using Firefox, here’s a great explanation:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/managing+file+types

You will basically need to tell your browser to “prompt” you before downloading mp3 content instead of just playing it inline. Same principle applies to all other browsers too if you are not using Firefox, but obviously the instructions will be slightly different for each browser. :-)

2853 posts
+17 more

I just figured out what the problem is – you’re all using the wrong e-mail address. ;-)

Here’s the correct e-mail address – notice the periods instead of the hyphens. I’ll update the earlier messages to the correct e-mail address. :-)

CORRECT : the.atma.studios@gmail.com

2853 posts
+17 more

Hey Michael (and anyone else who is interested in contributing), this may or may not be the reason why your e-mail didn’t go through, but because GMail has a limit on filesize/attachments, I would recommend hosting your file(s) somewhere and then sending a link to the.atma.studios@gmail.com so your files can be downloaded.

If you don’t have your own hosting solution, I thoroughly recommend using Dropbox which is quick and free to set up and gives you 2GB to play around with.

2853 posts
+17 more
Nope… problems again…
It seems that you have problems only on source files. After uploading normally a track I had problems (same problem) while uploading a source file.
Uploader works normal but after everything goes well and you push the little green “upload” button, you have the “Something Went Wrong” screen… damn, another 30 minutes waisted :(

Hey Mihai,

If you haven’t done so already, please log this with support. Let them know your operating system and what Web browser you use – this information is required for troubleshooting these types of issues. Many thanks!

2853 posts
+17 more
Hey, new kid on the block here!

Welcome to AudioJungle, Bad-Man-Inc.! :-)

Cheers man. Can we post here also our metallic creations ?

Hey Mihai, You can post your metal creations if they are on AudioJungle, but they must be posted to the Item Discussion section. As a reminder of our forum rules:

You are not allowed to:
  • Promote your files anywhere on the forums.
  • Promote competitors or free versions of items.
  • Promote outside products or services.
2853 posts
+17 more

That kinda sounds like a bug to me, Rodrigo, thanks for pointing it out. I’ve logged the issue as a bug and I’ll let you know what I find it. Glad you mentioned it, thanks again! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by