Posts by scottwills

2942 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+17 more
scottwills Envato team says
hah this is nice, great. i’m wondering, are there any rules? since electronica has a lot of genre’s ;]

also, should we submit a loop or a whole song?

thanks

It should be a whole song, please, sorry if that was not made clear. We are going to use the winning track in our podcast. As for the electronica genre, see what’s listed under “Electronica” on this page:

http://audiojungle.net/category/

That should give you a little bit of creative freedom. :)

2942 posts
+17 more
Thanks guys for your help :)

Thanks to everyone who helped out “fiddy” with the watermark help, you guys are awesome! :)

And if the audio on your site templates is anything to go by, FT, I can’t wait to hear your AudioJungle submissions, welcome to AJ and good luck! :)

2942 posts
+17 more
My question would be, does the sample rate and bit resolution affect the price you decide for each item?

Hey Miuziqa! No, any changes here will not affect our pricing structure. :)

2942 posts
+17 more
I say a competition related to 8-bit would be cool :D

Beck would win every time. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NM094Q55yE

2942 posts
+17 more
I submitted a track to the cause, but I would also like to ask the Envato admins if they could clean out my balance for this month. I made a meager 5 sales but treat it like a payout. Whatever I have left at the end of the month goes to the new boat. ;) If anyone has a track of mine in a playlist ready to buy it, then go for it. If you’re on the fence this is a good time to grab it. I’ll send you an email Scott to confirm. Good luck Palawan. and Forrest!

Sorry, Rob, we are unable to do that. My recommendation to you would be to simply purchase items from Donate_Palawan using your funds. Hope this is a good workaround. :)

2942 posts
+17 more

Don’t forget our talented review team too, Anne! :)

ADG3studios | Slats | Solidbeats

2942 posts
+17 more
+ 1 for mp3 at 320kbps.

Now my question is, what do we do about the old files that are in different formats ?
Do we have to resubmit ? would be an automated system to do that ? will Envato people do that ? A lot of prople (including myself) have wav at 24 bit.

No, you would not need to resubmit / update old files.

Thank you for everyone’s input so far, it’s very much appreciated! Please feel free to air any other concerns or questions. :)

2942 posts
+17 more

I can’t promise anything short term, but we’ll definitely take a look longer term to see if there’s a need to have a separate section for Sound Recent Items and a separate section for Music Recent Items on the home page. :)

Now I’m just playing “devil’s advocate” here with you for a moment, but let’s say we had a Recent Items section for Music AND a Recent Items section for Sound. It’s quite possible that, even with that layout, your music would still get bumped from the home page quickly because of the sheer volume of audio that is now being submitted to AudioJungle.

So the problem isn’t really items getting a lack of exposure on the home page, it’s several other important factors:

1) Please don’t rely on home page exposure as your own opportunity to market your file. Uploading your track to AudioJungle is only the start of marketing your file. :) There’s certain things we can do for you (Featured Author, Featured File, Tweeting about your work each and every day, using your audio in our podcasts, track of the day on our blog, featured collections, our forthcoming embeddable audio player and so on…) but there’s also things YOU should be doing to. Blog about your audio, Tweet about your new audio releases, create your own collections, let VideoHive and ActiveDen authors use your watermarked audio in their file previews, use social networking sites to promote your music and so on and so forth… The possibilities are endless. :)

It’s like uploading your new album to iTunes. iTunes may be the most popular digital distribution service in the world, but if you don’t tell anyone that your album exists and you do not promote it, no-one is ever going to find it. Market and promote your audio as much as you can outside of the marketplaces.

2) Improved Search. Trust me, we’re working on it. I want customers to be able to have search functionality that allows them to search for exactly what they are looking for and find what they need quickly. So that’s something we already have plans to improve.

So while I agree with you that homepage promotion on AudioJungle is very nice, it’s not the only way to promote your work and you shouldn’t put all your eggs in one basket thinking that home page exposure is the only way to become successful, I can assure you it’s not. Think about quality, consistency, reputation, and the frequency you upload content too. Those are very important ways of becoming a successful author on AudioJungle. Just take a look at the best-selling authors on AudioJungle and try to see how and why they’ve become successful…

We’ll definitely consider improving/expanding Recent Items on the home page, I appreciate the feedback, but looking at the question that is really being asked here, there are a lot of other (and better) ways you can gain exposure for your work. :)

2942 posts
+17 more

Now that’s funny, Katro, nice one. :D

2942 posts
+17 more
I´ll try but only for badge :-)

Ha, ha. :)

Is it possible to win high res (like 300DPI) badge ?

If you sell 300 copies of your song, I’ll personally make you a 300dpi badge. ;)

Dance? But…what about them metalz? :c I demand a metal competition NAO ! >:U

Be careful what you ask for: I’m already envisioning a future competition where authors have to produce a metal track AND make a video performing the song while wearing a Slipknot mask, how awesome would that be? ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by