Posts by scottwills

2754 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+17 more
scottwills Envato team says

You could create your own playlist of Christmas music over at 8tracks.com, like this:

http://8tracks.com/scottwills/serene-silent-snowfall

Or check out one of these radio stations:

http://bit.ly/8BRBT9

Merry Christmas! :)

2754 posts
+17 more

Hey cool, it’s a small world isn’t it. Are you a West Brom fan Scott??

Boing! Boing! ;)

2754 posts
+17 more
Not to say also that many of the loop based software put the created material under their own license !!!
You can get in big trouble by trying to sell.

Fo’ sho’. Always check the small print, kids. :)

2754 posts
+17 more

I recommend everyone uses common sense. If you are creating unique, original compositions using instruments inside of a DAW , then you’re totally safe. If however you’re dragging pre-existing loops from ANY source for ALL or MOST sections of your composition, it’s likely that (i) your file won’t get accepted and/or (ii) your file will be removed if we find out about it and/or (iii) support will contact you to issue a warning, or worse still, (iv) support will contact you to ban you.

Again, please read the full blog post to see the efforts we are making to ensure customers can rely on the AudioJungle library for high quality, original compositions that they cannot find anywhere else:

http://blog.audiojungle.net/site-news/use-of-pre-existing-audio-loops/

2754 posts
+17 more
I’m getting a pair of AudioChi Headphones, after the competition—I really wanted them! Why didn’t you pick me? :-(

Ha, ha, I wish all AudioJungle authors could have got a pair! :D I ended-up buying a pair for someone as a Christmas present. They’re really nice headphones! Even the packaging is high quality, very Apple-inspired. :)

2754 posts
+17 more

Hey Sangster, sounds like you will need an Extended License as you want to use the music on multiple/different videos or “projects” as we call it. The Extended License will also allow you play the audio at your trade show if the online video project is the same project as the trade show project. For further info, please check out our Wiki…

http://wiki.envato.com/buying/licenses-buying/audiojungle-regular-and-extended-license-usage-examples/#music_regular

...or if you need any further information, please feel free to contact me directly, sitemanager AT audiojungle DOT net. :)

2754 posts
+17 more

Hey danieldust, Can we all hire you to build us a studio like that too? :) Lovely studio/photos! What equipment do you have in there? Do you record/produce for a living?

2754 posts
+17 more

Welcome to AudioJungle, FourthFisherman! :)

Uploading your audio to AudioJungle is only the start. :) You should definitely promote your work (outside of the Envato network of course), and be sure to use your referral link along the way! Some quick ideas to get you going: Promote your work via Twitter, use as many social networking sites as you can manage to get your work out there, post your work on your own Web site or blog, create Collections on AudioJungle of your work and other author’s work, add a link to your AudioJungle portfolio at the bottom of your e-mails (not on the forums, just in your e-mail signature), and so on…

There are hundreds of ways you can promote your own work and it’s important to realize that self promotion is an important part of getting more sales. Uploading to the marketplace and just waiting for sales is not the best way to succeed. Be proactive. And enjoy what you do. :)

2754 posts
+17 more

Well said, theRiviera, it’s a reminder for us all. Everything in moderation, and we should work to live, not live to work.

2754 posts
+17 more
Hey hey, I’m from a town called Dudley in the West Mids. (Queue all the brummy style accents) :D

Raven! I’m originally from just down the road from you in West Brom! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by