Posts by scottwills

2710 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says

MusicForMedia is exactly right: By their very nature, you should not rely on mp3 files to loop because they add extra data/a pause at the start and end of each mp3 file. That’s a really simple explanation to a very complicated issue. For a much more thorough explanation AND a (somewhat complicated) way to avoid this problem, check out this really good explanation:

http://www.compuphase.com/mp3/mp3loops.htm

Meanwhile, here are some suggestions what you CAN do for your AudioJungle customers however:

1. Provide your file(s) in mp3 and WAV format, customers like both formats as an option and they can loop the WAV file if need be.
  2. Consider creating/including an mp3 version where the short mp3 file/loop is looped for a minute or so, over and over, as an additional option to the buyer.

I think everyone goes through a phase of wondering why mp3 files don’t loop properly and it’s a great relief when you realize it’s not you that’s the problem, it’s the mp3 format! I know I was once in that position! ;)

Hope this info helps, Bassinvader! :)

2710 posts
+16 more

Welcome to AudioJungle, Felipe. :) Seems like Tom has answered your question very thoroughly, thanks, Tom! Try uploaded one file to begin with, Felipe, following the upload instructions carefully, see if your file gets approved, and then take things from there! That way, if your file gets accepted, you’ll know you’re doing the right thing. Or if it gets rejected, you’ll be able to see where you went wrong (our reviewers will let you know what needs fixing). Good luck, and please let us know if you have any more questions along the way! :)

2710 posts
+16 more

Hey Shaan, I think you are referring to the AD Files of the Week on the blog aren’t you? If so, I pick out the best files of the week based on what really stands out amongst the uploads to AD from the previous week. It’s not based on sales. Files may be selected based on a number of factors including design, creativity, features, originality and/or usefulness. It’s not based on sales because what if there’s a real gem that has been uploaded but hasn’t sold yet?

To get your file(s) into files of the week you simply have to produce and upload something that stands out amongst the uploads from the same week. Hope to see your file(s) listed in there some day and hope this answers your question! :)

2710 posts
+16 more

Fireworks fan or not, here’s a great article that discusses both the pros and cons of Fireworks with some great comments worth reading after the article:

http://hicksdesign.co.uk/journal/a-big-assed-post-about-fireworks

2710 posts
+16 more

I’ve always preferred Fireworks for Web design. Everything you create is natively a vector so it’s very quick and easy to adjust the size and shape of objects. Everything you create also gets added to a new layer automatically which seems to save a lot of time. The Pages and Frames features inside of Fireworks also help me keep an entire Web site comp in the same file which is a tider approach than just layers and layer folders in Photoshop. I also prefer the way Fireworks handles text compared to Photoshop. Just seems a lot quicker and natural to create comps in Fireworks than Photoshop.

For me, Fireworks = Web design and Photoshop = photo and image retouching/manipulation, but it really doesn’t matter what you use because it’s just a matter of preference. Here’s a really good article about designer’s thoughts on Fireworks v Photoshop and it seems like there’s a 50-50 split amongst designers:

http://www.digital-web.com/articles/photoshop_versus_fireworks/

Would be great to allow Fireworks PNG format on ThemeForest. GraphicRiver allows Fireworks PNG format by the way. But that said, it does feel like it’s a PSD -centric market these days in the Web industry, so you’d probably get more customers wanting PSD format over Fireworks PNG unfortunately. The problem is, like you said, DigitalHenry, the Fireworks PNG to PSD conversion is not 100% accurate.

2710 posts
+16 more

Fantastic work, Emmet, I’m always so proud to see AudioJungle audio used in projects such as those highlighted in the blog post. Beautiful compositions, great job! :)

2710 posts
+16 more
I’m not sure why there’s so much cause for concern with packs all of a sudden. If you’re worried that someone is going to put all their files in one pack and try selling it for a $1 then I really don’t think that is going to happen so there’s nothing to worry about. :)

That’s exactly what has happened on nearly every other Flash stock site.

You should know that envato marketplaces are not like any other stock sites. We’re much better. Which is why you love us so much, Chuck. :)

2710 posts
+16 more

Hey guys, I saw that AudioJungle was mentioned so I’d like to confirm the following:

AudioJungle Packs

AJ encourages packs of files, whether this be sound effect packs, audio logos, or packs of full music tracks. Authors are allowed to put files they are already selling as individual items on AJ into a pack. The only caveat is that, any individual item used in a pack, cannot be put into a subsequent pack.

On AudioJungle, we also have a couple of extra rules that prevent gaming the system. Namely, authors cannot put more than 10 pieces of audio into a pack of audio logos or a pack of music files. With sound effects, we allow a maximum of 50 items. Simultaneously, we also limit the duration of a pack of audio to 30 minutes.

ActiveDen Packs

Now, putting my ActiveDen reviewer’s hat on for a moment, the rule has always been to allow packs of files on AD. The rule has always been the same as AJ in that an individual item on AD can only be used in a pack once. We price packs at a discounted rate because that’s an incentive to the buyer. As an author, creating packs is just another avenue and opportunity for you to sell your items. And to anyone who has commented that packs create an unfair advantage, they don’t. If you have a preloader for $3 that a customer is interested in and then sees a pack of 10 preloaders for $10 by another author, yes, the customer is quite able to purchase the $10 pack, but most customers may only need one file and may only have a budget of $3, so most often than not they will purchase the $3 file. Sometimes customers buy discounted packs, sometimes they don’t. Just like when we all go to the grocery store and see “Buy 2 get 1 free” etc… Yes, you’re getting one free, but you’re actually handing over twice as much money as you intended to hand over before you saw the offer!

I’m not sure why there’s so much cause for concern with packs all of a sudden. If you’re worried that someone is going to put all their files in one pack and try selling it for a $1 then I really don’t think that is going to happen so there’s nothing to worry about. :)

I do appreciate however that perhaps the worry in this thread is based on the fact that we/envato have not documented this thoroughly enough for you guys in the Wiki for example, which is our fault. It makes total sense to share our “unwritten rules” behind the scenes on this subject with authors and customers via a vehicle such as the Wiki. So if that’s what’s needed, I know we’d be glad to make those official clarifications for you, which is basically what Lance has already said.

I hope that answers any unanswered questions. Or re-iterates answers to questions that have already been answered so that we can all now move on and look forward to the awesome weekend ahead. :D

2710 posts
+16 more
Hmmm. OK, but my watermark mental image seems to have suddenly shifted from Victoria Beckham to Susan Boyle. Does a little more flange and sweetening really equate to audio lipstick?

We paid a lot of money to Susan Boyle to record the new watermark, baritone, and Victoria Beckham wasn’t available this time around, sorry! ;)

2710 posts
+16 more
typo step 7, Milkbox link ;) :P
oh….I will write it to Scott ;)

Milkbox typo corrected, thanks MSFX / Rafael.

And what a great article/tutorial, Rafael, in your second language no less, awesome work! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by