Posts by scottwills

2678 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says
I don’t see anything new or good in this concept due to the fact, that this game is a complete ripoff of the game Little Wheel, which was submitted to Newgrounds on 06/11/2009! http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/498994

Little Wheel is a great game, but you do realize the creators of Machinarium started their game three years ago and that they have been pioneering the point-and-click genre for several years before that? I disagree that Machinarium is in any way influenced by Little Wheel.

2678 posts
+16 more

I’m about to send the interview questions out to the latest authors who have shown an interest. Are there any more authors out there who would like to participate in our interview series on the blog? The more the merrier, we love hearing about your backgrounds, stories and passion for music! :)

2678 posts
+16 more

Sounds like a local issue, I’ve not heard of reports of other issues today, glad it’s fixed for you! :)

2678 posts
+16 more

Hey ivezicm! This is totally possible/allowed, yes. :) There are some strict rules however:

1. You must contact the author of the item you wish to use in your item preview and gain their written permission to use the asset in your preview.
  2. You can only use the watermarked preview of the item.
  3. You must link to the item in your description and state clearly that the item itself is not included in the file for download.
  4. You must state that in the Note To Reviewer text box that you have permission to use the preview and that you have followed all the described steps when uploading your item.

Full info here:

http://wiki.envato.com/selling/tips-selling/what-images-videos-illustrations-or-music-can-i-use-in-my-items/

2678 posts
+16 more
0nly one winner? :P

Yes. http://bit.ly/c0c1O

2678 posts
+16 more
2678 posts
+16 more
2678 posts
+16 more

Hey bitfade, totally unaware of this thread, so glad you contacted me about it to bring it to my attention. Hopefully here’s all the information you need:

Even if you purchase an AudioJungle item with an extended license, you CANNOT use/sell/redistribute it within a file you sell on another Envato marketplace. If you purchase AudioJungle audio using an extended license, this only allows you to use it in your preview file, not your main/redistributable file.

To answer your other question, yes, you can use audio from another source other than AudioJungle in a file that you sell on an Envato marketplace, but (a) make sure you have full permission to do this from the person or site you get the file from and (b) always provide authorization information and info on where you got your files from to the reviewer when you upload your file.

Also, be sure to read the Wiki page on using assets in your file, there’s protocol about using/crediting watermarked AudioJungle audio in your files:

http://wiki.envato.com/selling/tips-selling/what-images-videos-illustrations-or-music-can-i-use-in-my-items/

Finally, something that might work for you, bitfade, is if you find an AudioJungle author who can work with you to provide sounds. Maybe you can compensate them somehow. Open a thread over at the AJ forums, there are some extremely talented and helpful members over there who would be glad to help you. :)

2678 posts
+16 more

Winners will be announced later today! Ooooh, I can feel the excitement! ;)

2678 posts
+16 more

Hey sawilliams2, welcome to AudioJungle, we’re glad to have you here! :)

I wasn’t very happy with the information in the Wiki as it wasn’t very clear about your personal situation where you need audio for a non-commercial radio station. I have therefore updated the Wiki so that anyone needing audio for a non-commercial radio station can purchase audio using the REGULAR license.

If anyone needs audio for a commercial station, they will need to purchase the EXTENDED license.

If you have just purchased audio with an extended license, sawilliams2, please let me know and I will liaise with support on your behalf to refund the correct amount as you actually only need the regular license. If not, please go ahead and purchase the audio you need using the regular license! Please contact me if you need further details, sitemanager@audiojungle.net

Hope this helps. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by