As promised, we’ve now added Element 3D to the After Effects Project Files category:
My superstition is that I only respond to forum threads if/when I am the 10th person to respond to the original poster.
With hundreds and hundreds of files being processed each and every day, trying to get home page exposure is really not worth the pursuit in my personal opinion. There are forty slots on the home page. There are thousands of files submitted each week. There are almost 5,000 authors on AudioJungle. I’m not a mathematician but the probability of ever getting a homepage slot is slim. And even then, it’s not likely to stay there for long.
Search along with the Popular Items pages are where customers predominantly find the music they want for their projects, not the home page.
Even if you tried to game the system by purposely trying to get your file soft rejected (which I wouldn’t recommend by the way), yes, you would have some sort of ‘control’ over when your item hits the home page, BUT, the review team are likely to be reviewing another batch of hundreds and hundreds of files after approving your file! So trying to time the timing of the actual review is fairly futile.
Trying to get your item on the home page is not the ‘holy grail’ to landing a bestselling file here on AudioJungle by the way. Good music with good production value, a solid portfolio, regular submissions, good descriptions + tags, and understanding what customers need and want. Those are much more important to an author’s success than home page exposure.
Don’t give up and good luck! Focus on the music, not the home page.
Please see announcement here:http://videohive.net/forums/thread/element3d/91951
Hey guys, Element 3D is finally here! Thank you so much for everyone’s patience while we got most of the creases ironed out! Here’s a quick summary of where we’re at right now:
- Authors can now submit Element 3D content to VideoHive! Upload your files to the After Effects Project Files category and select “Element 3D” in the Category & Attributes section:
- Check out our full file preparation guidelines in the KnowledgeBase.
- The reviewers have just started to publish all the files that were previously submitted. Thank you so much to all the early birds that were quick enough to submit content!
- For now, you can access all Element 3D files on VideoHive here.
- A dedicated Element 3D subcategory has now been added to the After Effects Project Files navigation menu.
- We are currently running a featured home page collection to promote Element 3D content on VideoHive! So if you have not submitted your Element 3D files yet, now is a great time as your file will be part of the promotion/feature we will be running.
Some awesome files already submitted, please keep them coming!
1 Computer + 1 Monitor (an iMac) + Spaces
By utilizing Spaces in Mountain Lion, (a) I have no personal need for multiple monitors and (b) by running individual apps on separate desktops it allows me to focus on one thing at a time and get things done quickly. Multitasking, for the most part, is overrated in my opinion. I can get more things done and get them done more quickly by truly focusing on one thing at a time.
Hi Shaun, here’s another tip: Create/add an avatar/thumbnail and a profile image, it will make you look a little more professional. The default avatar makes authors look like they’re not taking their music/work very seriously. Good luck on your AudioJungle adventures!
The devs have now fixed this issue.
This has been reported to the devs and they are currently investigating the issue. It’s definitely a bug and not a new feature. Thanks for your patience while the issue is investigated and rectified.