It shouldn’t really be to the first 30 authors that uploads first. This encourages rushed and poor quality work. What’s stopping everyone just rushing this just for money? The quality bar for Envato isn’t actually set that high, so it’s viable.
Everyone should have a fair chance of winning and not to the first 30 packs. If you ask me, after the deadline, Envato should pick 30 winners out of the entire collection of sound effects packs uploaded from now to the deadline.Jus’ sayin’.
You know we’re awarding a prize for the best item, right? Have a read of the announcement again.
Hey guys, I’m sure if there was a thread on PhotoDune called “Where to get free HTML templates?” some of you on ThemeForest wouldn’t be too happy. Before this thread escalates into a slurry of links to images that cannot be used commercially (i.e. AlphaCoders) let me suggest:
1) Use compfight.com to search Flickr for images that you CAN use commercially. Be sure to select the right option(s) to search for commercial-use images. That’s one of the best “free” routes to go, but be sure to follow the attribution rules very carefully.
2) It’s shameless and biased, but you’d be surprised at the number of people who still don’t know: You can license images from our very own stock photography marketplace PhotoDune.net? for extremely affordable prices.
For now we’re going to lock this thread as these kind of threads tend to end up discussing competitor sites to our Marketplaces which is not permitted. Thank you for understanding.
Hi guys, sorry for the longer than expected delay, we’re still waiting on the creation of the Marketplace category to house the Element 3D files. It’s a little trickier than normal because the category is based on an attribute and we want to re-use this technique/solution for other Marketplaces/categories in the future so it has to be done right.
Once the devs add the new Element 3D “pseudo category” we can get the reviewers to review and publish the files we still have on hold, get them all staged, and then launch the category. Until then there’s nothing we can do I’m afraid, we’re just going to have to remain patient a little while longer. Thanks again for understanding. We’ll obviously swing by and keep you abreast of developments as they happen.
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS NOW OVER. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO RESPONDED!
We occasionally approach existing marketplace authors to provide files when we need new content for new marketplaces, new categories within existing marketplaces, or just because we want to expand certain categories with more content. We have such an opportunity available right now for ThemeForest authors! Here’s what we’re looking for on this occasion:
- We’re looking for Exclusive ThemeForest authors interested in creating/selling concrete5 CMS themes. If you’re never heard of concrete5 or need more info, take a look for yourself.
- You must be available for freelance work in the next 1-2 months.
- We are ultimately looking for either brand new concrete5 themes or conversions of your own existing ThemeForest themes to a concrete5 CMS theme.
- You must be able to provide links to previous, relevant work to give us an idea of your design skills. Online personal work or files you already have on TF are both acceptable.
If you are interested in this opportunity (and yes, we offer you a financial incentive), we’d really like to hear from you. Please complete the form below to apply:
Thanks in advance and we’ll be in touch if we select you!
Just one thing to add to the conversation here that I don’t think has been stated yet:
If ANYONE sees or hears ANY blatant rip of ANY AudioJungle track, PLEASE send it to support. DO NOT post it in the forums. Directly reproducing or very closely emulating another AudioJungle author’s work with intent is not allowed and is totally frowned upon. It can not only get your item removed but you can also either get a warning or a permanent ban. Purposely ripping-off another person’s work is NOT tolerated, it’s not cool and it’s not worth it.
Quick question… I appreciate the licences have been updated recently to be a bit clearer, but I just want to double check to be on the safe side. If I buy a 3D model from 3DOcean with an extended licence, can I include it in an Element template, or is that against the rules? Thanks!
Hi Stencil, Would you mind posting your licensing question in the following thread, please? Our license experts will be glad to assist you. Thanks so much!http://videohive.net/forums/thread/new-marketplace-license-discussion-thread-2/85672
We’re sorry for the lack of updates in the forums regarding Element3D. There have been a couple of issues preventing reviewers from processing submitted files due to some minor constraints with Element3D. We were hoping Video CoPilot might be able to help rectify these sooner rather than later before reporting back here hence our delay holding out to see if updates to Element 3D would rectify those issues.
The bottom line is that, despite us announcing that we were now accepting items, we did not want to launch your files and customers to experience potential minor problems with Element 3D even though it’s not your fault or the fault of your file. So we were wanting to protect both our customers and you and your work.
We now have a better idea and clearer perspective of how to move forward so here’s an official update on where VideoHive is at with Element3D right now:
- We’ve got all your submissions on hold right now. The files are looking awesome! Thank you to everyone who has submitted content so far!
- One of the issues with Element3D the reviewers alerted us to has now been resolved. I believe it had to do with the licensing model and it took a little while to troubleshoot.
- As Doru mentioned earlier in this thread (thanks, Doru!) there is still an outstanding issue with how files are packaged within Element 3D. We’ve been liaising with Video CoPilot directly and we hear a fix is on the way. So longer term, it sounds like this will be fixed. Shorter term however, we have a temporary solution where we will update the KnowledgeBase to inform customers of the issue and how to deal with it. We will then manually add a link to all current submissions (from the item page for example) to point to the KnowledgeBase article.
- Simultaneous to the Element 3D issue(s), we had an issue with the Element 3D category due to the way it was based on an attribute. We needed to get some extra functionality added behind the scenes to allow us to give it the same functionality as a “regular” category.
- Ultimately, the reviewers will soon be reviewing and publishing all the submissions we have so far. They won’t immediately go live on VideoHive however, they’ll be published in what we call “an invisible state” in the new category. It will be invisible to everyone except staff. We will then flip the switch to turn the category on (containing all your submissions) making everything visible to everyone. We will be doing some promotion for the category from the offset when we officially launch so all your Element 3D files will be getting lots of attention.
- So, if you’ve got items already submitted, great. We will be reviewing them! if you want to continue submitting items, that’s fine too, but note that they will also be held for the time being. If you’d rather hold off submitting until we’re officially launched, that’s fine too, totally your call.
- We’re currently anticipating the official launch of the category complete with your submissions some time this month in February. If that changes, or if we hear a more solid date of when we will be able to launch, we’ll come back here and let you guys know.
It’s not been the most ideal way to get the ball rolling with Element 3D on VideoHive but we’re confident it’s going to be a very exciting category for both customers and authors once we do get all your content published. We had kept some authors informed about developments behind the scenes along the way but I can definitely see how a lack of updates publicly here in the forums might have been a little frustrating. Thanks for understanding and again for your patience.