Truly well deserved, Iman, you’re a beacon of light within our community, many congratulations!
If any brand new authors are interested in emulating Iman’s success, my observations are that, it’s not just incredible items that can bring you success here on the Marketplaces (although that’s a great thing to aim for!). It’s also about hard work, professionalism, being polite, immersion in our community, having passion, love and belief in what you do, and demonstrating a desire to offer first-class support to customers. All of these things are really high on the list of how to quickly become successful on the Marketplaces.
You’re a great example for others to follow and emulate, Iman, keep leading the way!
Great question! I work from home and it has not been without its challenges, but there are some easy things you can do to quickly make it work!
- Make a room or an area in your house a dedicated office.
- If you don’t have room for a home office or if there are going to be too many distractions for you to work, find/use a local library or coffee shop to work from.
- Establish rules and set expectations with your family. e.g. If you’re door is closed, try not to bother you (unless there’s an emergency!), teach your young kids to knock before entering etc… Setting these kind of expectations up front is really important so that no-one gets upset or offended when you tell them you are busy and in the middle of something.
- Treat yourself to a decent pair of headphones. Noise-canceling if possible, especially if your office is in an open space without a door. Bonus – if you’re self-employed, this is a tax-deductible purchase!
- Try to work your hours around your family if possible. Meaning, if there are periods of the day when your family are not there, use that time to tackle projects that command your greatest attention. First thing in the morning before the kids wake up or late at night when they are in bed for example.
Finally, when you DO spend time with your family – switch off from work completely, that means phone and computer. “A man should never neglect his family for business.”—Walt Disney
TNL3542 saidI wish Envato do respect our feeling an organize a meet event in Australia soon.
mesunil2010 saidim sure their are alot of people who would love to.. i should know im 1 of them..
Is there anyone like me, who wishes to visit Envato in Australia ???
Hi Sunil, great idea! We’ve had a couple of meetups in Australia in the past for those living near/around Melbourne. Our most recent Melbourne meetup was in January this year and those that attended got to take a look around our offices! You can take a look at some of the photos from the meetup if you’re interested.
Meanwhile, our next meetup is next month in June in Chicago in the USA (tickets still available if you’d like to attend!) and we’re aiming and hoping to keep holding even more meetups around the entire world across as many different continents as possible as long as you guys want them or find them useful. Thanks again for the suggestion!
I was rejected item, but didn’t received any email with reason… In settings it’s all right: “Item review notifications: Send me an email when my items are approved or rejected (ON)”
Hi Loki, sorry to hear about that. Could you check your spam folder, please, in case the response bypassed your inbox? If that didn’t work, please contact Support, they’d be glad to assist you.
Photo courtesy of PhotoDune author SergeyNivens
For those that were not able to participate in the Envato Football Cup tournament, fear not! We are also going to run a predictions contest for the 2014 FIFA World Cup™!
How It Works
We will be using a Website called Predict the World Cup. Register online and join our special Envato mini-league by using the following code: 78031.
Be sure to get your predictions entered and saved as soon as possible as the World Cup™ begins on June 12th! REGISTER HERE & enter code 78031 to join the Envato Mini League!
What Do I Have to Do?
Correctly predict as many scores as possible from all World Cup™ matches! Be sure to submit your predictions throughout the tournament as you won’t know who goes through to the second round and subsequent rounds until the first round group matches are over. We will try to post reminders in this thread but the responsibility to check you’ve submitted your predictions is entirely yours!
General scoring works as follows:
- 3 points for predicting an exact score
- 1 point for predicting the correct result (ie. you correctly predict the winner, or you correctly predict a draw, but by the wrong number of goals).
- 2 point bonus for predicting the correct result if that result was predicted by less than 20% of your competitors.
- 2 point bonus for predicting the exact score if that score was predicted by less than 5% of your competitors.
Not only is this just for fun for the many football fans around the world we have within our Marketplace community, but we will also be awarding brand new football badges to all winners! So even if you don’t know anything about football, your predictions and participation could nab you a brand new, shiny badge! GET IN THERE!
- First Place: Golden Football badge
- Second Place: Standard Football badge
- Third Place: Standard Football badge
Winners will be announced on July 14th at the end of the tournament!
Terms & Conditions
- Please use either your real name or Marketplace account name as your username on predicttheworldcup.com so we know who’s who (and who to give prizes to!)
- All community members with a Marketplace account are eligible to play.
- One entry per person, please.
- Staff are eligible to participate.
- Shucks. This is just for fun, don’t take it too seriously, please have fun.
Best of luck!
Historically, Wednesday was always a popular day for buyers to purchase items. There might be some truth to what you’ve observed, Andy, Tuesday could be the new Wednesday. To be honest though, I just took a quick look through sales data for TF over the past few months and sales are extremely consistent with minor fluctuation from Tuesday through Friday so authors should be encouraged that there’s plenty of activity throughout the entire week.
I’d be surprised if they didn’t have a clause like that in terms, i can understand the reasons behind it and doesn’t bother me as an author. Ofc we’re talking about worst case scenarios, i wouldn’t expect envato to use that on a daily basis.
Bingo, well said, bitfade!
Typical practice is to contact authors. But yes, our terms state that we reserve the right not to notify for specialized and rare situations. What we MIGHT be getting cross-wires with here are the recent issues some of you kindly brought to our attention where some authors’ items were soft disabled recently but a staff member either failed to contact the author or our automated system failed to alert the author about the soft disablement. It’s something we raised and continue to investigate internally to ensure our process can be improved and these kind of things can be avoided where possible. Ultimately, what’s in the T&Cs and what sadly happened to a few authors is not related in any way.
Either way, Peter (Pistol_Pete_12) and Collis have already responded with official answers to this concern earlier in this thread. Do let us know if there’s anything else anyone would like clarification on however.
As seen on Notes
Arguably the single most important document relevant to millions of buyers and thousands of authors and affiliates, the Marketplace Terms and Conditions are our rules by which we make Envato Marketplaces available to the world.
They’ve been re-launched to make them easier to understand!
We’ve separated the terms into three separate documents written for members, authors and affiliates.We now have the:
- Marketplaces Terms relevant to everybody who uses the Marketplaces.
- Author Terms relevant only to Authors on our Marketplaces.
- Affiliate Program Terms relevant only to our Marketplaces Affiliates.
- well structured
- easy to understand for our global community
- respectful of the actual reasons why you use our Marketplaces
- as transparent as possible about what actual happens when you join our community.
If you’re unsure about anything submit a support ticket here.
We are proud of the fact that at every opportunity we try and communicate to you in natural language (not lawyer speak!) to help you best understand what we at Envato are all about. We think the most important way to do this is through our new Marketplaces Terms, Author Terms and Affiliate Program Terms.