3520 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark
says

The issue described in the video is that the zip you download from ThemeForest includes files apart from just the theme. For example, PSDs and Help files. The “theme” itself is contained inside that zip file.

So the first step is to unzip the file you downloaded. Check out what’s inside. Usually there are detailed instructions on what you need to do to upload and install the theme. Sometimes, there is a zip inside the zip that is specifically intended to be uploaded through the WP theme installer. Other times the theme is just in a folder. In this case, you can upload the theme via FTP , or zip it yourself and upload it that way.

Remember, the style.css file will need to be in the folder that you upload to wp-content/themes (whether it is zipped or not).

If that doesn’t help, I’d recommend telling us what you’ve done so far, and posting a list of the contents (or a screenshot) of your unzipped file.

Hope that helps,

Chris

3520 posts
+10 more
sevenspark
says

I thought this feature would be useful especially for a theme framework used primarily by developpers

Perhaps :) Personally, as a developer, I really dislike the WP code editor (like duotive mentioned). I would rather develop in my IDE of choice than use the in-browser editor. But maybe that’s just me :)

3520 posts
+10 more
sevenspark
says

I don’t think that’s a good idea. It’s better to have just a small area where people can put additional javascript code, instead of having them edit the whole thing in the admin. And only the advanced guys would want to edit the whole thing, they’d already know where to find and edit it in the filesystem.

I think that’s a good point. And making access to the code easier for those who don’t know what they’re doing may be asking for trouble. I think in many cases, if a user can’t use FTP , they probably shouldn’t be messing with the JS :( You might create more headaches than you solve.

On the other hand, if you built a real in-browser text editor (not just a textarea like the built-in WP code editor), with syntax highlighting, etc, that might have some real value.

In any event, it’d probably be better to write the code to be extensible and then allow users to make modifications without editing the core (like bfintal said, small areas with additional JS is probably a better solution).

3520 posts
+10 more
sevenspark
says

Thanks for the great suggestions guys!

@weblusive – awesome! Thanks so much for the reference, that helps a lot :)

3520 posts
+10 more
sevenspark
says

Try

http://imakewebthings.github.com/jquery-waypoints/

Thanks, I’m actually using Waypoints (it’s excellent) as a component in the plugin (already completed), but looking for a good name to describe this specific application of it :)

3520 posts
+10 more
sevenspark
says

Just a quick suggestion – I might remove the trailing square bracket from this line:

if (stripos($post->post_content, '[shortcodeName]')) {

Otherwise, you won’t find any shortcodes that have attributes set. e.g., I don’t think that will match

[shortcode att1="one" att2="two"]

This might be better:

if (stripos($post->post_content, '[shortcodeName')) {
3520 posts
+10 more
sevenspark
says

Harvest is amazing. Not sure if it does absolutely everything you want, but it’s definitely worth a look http://www.getharvest.com/

Also, it’s free for a up to two clients I think, so you can try it out.

3520 posts
+10 more
sevenspark
says

haha yeah I’m having trouble too. Currently I’m calling it “Scroll Checkpoint” (you add checkpoints to the content, and when you scroll past them a dialog is triggered). I think this name makes sense once you know what it does, but the name doesn’t necessarily express the functionality clearly or precisely.

And my one-line description of it, “Animated Call to Action Dialogs on User Scroll”, which I think expresses the concept a bit better, is probably the worst product name ever :P

3520 posts
+10 more
sevenspark
says

Hey guys, I’m trying to figure out if there is an official name for the sliding box/dialog that appears when a user scrolls to the end of a page (or past a certain point). For example, the NY Times does this: http://nyti.ms/g0TGJf (scroll to the end and look in the bottom right corner).

It’s basically used to grab a user’s attention and present a call to action at a certain point on the page.

Full disclosure: I’m developing a plugin with a highly configurable version of this functionality, and I’m looking to make sure I name it appropriately in a way that will describe its functionality immediately to customers.

Thanks! :)

Chris

3520 posts
+10 more
sevenspark
says

To get support on CodeCanyon, you contact the author through their profile page. The author of Events Calendar Pro is epicera. This is his profile page: http://codecanyon.net/user/epicera

He has a dedicated support forum here: http://support.makedesignnotwar.com/categories/e

This information can be found in the product description http://codecanyon.net/item/events-calendar-pro-wordpress-premium-plugin/109301

If you unzip the file you downloaded you’ll find detailed instructions in the folder “Start Here”. All you need to do is upload the zipped up file in the directory /Events_Calendar_Pro/Plugin Files/events-calendar-premium.zip

You can get plenty of free utilities to unzip the file. If you are on Windows, a good one is 7-zip http://download.cnet.com/7-Zip/3000-2250_4-10045185.html

by
by
by
by
by
by