Tuts+ Premium also offers this progression course suggestions via the “guides” – https://tutsplus.com/guides/
I tried Treehouse but i was getting very annoyed at the acting of one specific tutor, that was giving cheesy colgate smiles at the end of each explanations. It was funny the first time, then very creepy and off-putting. I thought the course looked nice but there was way too much special effect / staging etc when all you want is learn the code..
That said i am sure there are wonderful courses in there too!
Merry Christmas everybody! Be safe and enjoy this time with your family (if you have the chance to)!
Here’s what I have done personally:
1) signed up to Tuts + Premium. Most useful courses for me were the ones by Adi Purdilla and Jeffrey Way – these guys are awesome!
2) Buy a few HTML templates on ThemeForest and study the heck out of them, tear them apart and try put them back together.
3) learn Bootstrap, Foundation, Skeleton or another CSS framework – and try build a few projects with them!
4) when you feel like you are getting somewhere, try upload it to TF. You will probably get hard rejected and discouraged by the “coldness” of the rejection e-mail. Don’t give up, that’s a step every author (most of them) had to overcome. Post a link to your rejected work in the item discussion forum and ask for feedback – the community is great and you will get very useful tips!
5) keep reading stuff, learning, following new trends, look at popular items on TF.. Things will start falling into place.. Most of all, have fun and enjoy the ride!
How do you guys plan on starting? I’m just curious. I have barely any experience in web development, so I’d have to start from square one.
Sounds like a good place to start. I was right there a few years ago. I still have a lot to learn, but i am amazed at where this journey is taking me and – beyond the TF sales – the amount of opportunities and work partnerships it has opened up to me. Get started today!
To learn advanced WP Theme development to the point i can create items for ThemeForest.
My goal for 2013 was to have my first HTML template accepted on ThemeForest – and here i am now with 3 templates and a black paw. There’s hope that the 2014 resolution gets achieved too!
Last weekend of November with thanksgiving was horrible for sales! Hopefully December will be kind to us, c’mon santa!
I migrated to AUS a few months ago and i did my first earnings withdrawal (yay), checking the box “Australian resident for tax purposes”.
As the end of the year approaches, i am trying to get organised with my GST and other incredibly exciting stuff.. and i suddenly wondered: what happens with GST on earnings from Envato. Is the GST taken off the net withdrawal amount, or is this money withdrawn already GSTaxed?
I did a search on the knowledge base but couldn’t find anything. Can a friendly Australian author enlighten me on the topic?
Thanks in advance!
So far 9,000 click throughs, 7 registered, 5 deposits for a total of 79$. Never advertising or anything, but every time i send a link / post on facebook, i add the referral link.
Awesome love how he stays in the shallow water. Our little fella just runs face first into the surf and keeps going.
He did the exact same until last month – but he eventually figured out that we’re not always here to save him right away (even if in fact we are)..
We let him sort himself out a few times. Now if he falls in, even deep, he’s capable of turning around and swim (wiggle) back to shore, as long as there is no current.
He’s taking swimming lessons once a week since he’s 2 months old!