Definitely very interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Just deployed a minor fix:
- Previously, if there was an exact match on one word and/or an exact phrase, the exact match got boosted too high. So if you search for http://audiojungle.net/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=corporate+motivational , items that had exactly “corporate motivational” got top boosting. The query gets broken down into a few different matches:
The way this worked before, the exact phrase match would drown out the other more complicated matches. This now takes the highest of those sub-matches, and uses that instead of trying to merge the components together to get a score.
- stemmed tokens e.g. [“corpor~”, “motiv~“]
- the exact phrase e.g. [“corporate motivational”]
- the synonym tokens e.g. [“corporate”, “business”, “motivational”, “inspirational”]
- Implemented boosting so that any document containing “Bieber” gets a massive boost, for all the Beliebers out there, and in anticipation of the launch of our top secret new “biebertundra.net” marketplace
So, these stemmed tokens…if someone search for “Biebs” will that give them results that include “Bieber” and such? Asking for a friend.
Definitely much deserved. Congrats!
Hey Madlep, thanks for all your work. Are these bug fixes also being implemented across all marketplaces including AJ?
Very awesome. Congratulations!
Not necessarily my dream mic, but I would like this as my next purchase: http://vintageking.com/recording-gear/microphones/mojave-audio-ma-300
I can’t hold back any further on this, and really feel I have to say something, if anything to serve as a little feedback. But I think we have a problem.
The ‘new search features’ are seriously, seriously hurting sales. I have no idea how it’s affecting the Envato marketplaces as a whole but unfortunately I’m not the only one over on the comparatively lower-selling AudioJungle that is seeing this. There’s quite a few of us now seeing the same big drop in sales and beginning to feel quite some concern, especially those of us that do this as our full-time occupation.
Personally, I’m fast slipping down the author rankings, my most popular selling track has taken a massive hit, and now clinging to the top-seller list for dear life. I’m back to Feb 2013 sales regularity levels with my ‘fun fact’ being testament to this.
So I’m assuming this is all the result of the rolled out changes or is there something else at play here? An update would be greatly appreciated.-Matt
+1 from the AJ community. Any update would be great as I’m sort of at a loss. It makes me hesitant to further upload any music because I don’t know what to expect as a return.