Feel free to check my latest theme OR wait few more days for my new theme. It would worth the waiting, I promise.
I love how Envato handles controversial discussion – it’s not just this but it’s a pattern every time you introduce something new that is not welcomed by most of authors.
- Start a thread on Thursday or Friday
- After 11 pages of authors opinions say “Sorry guys it’s late here in Melbourne” – answer max 3 less important questions.
- Ignore all suggestions
- Suddenly it’s WEEKEND
Aaaaand…. he nailed it!
The dollar had purchased… again…
A really well deserved achievement!
ANY theme which supports unlimited portfolios with categories and sub-categories (The main portfolio category would be the author and they can have multiple sub-categories). No special functionality needed. Just imagination
You could even check my latest theme. It could do the job too.
the new feature to see all your followers is super cool. Thanks for that.
Anyways, there is a small bug – page 12 goes to nowhere (not found). It’s really strange as everything works fine – just 12th page (pagination) doesn’t. Tried on many different devices – same thing and this page only.
A bit more info: looks it’s only mine followers page problem. Kriesi’s page 12 works fine for example – I am super jealous about this (and not only about this)
Sounds like you’re just not ready to face the truth.
Recommending books to a proven, established and worldwide known author is definitely not the right direction to go.
If you really need a design partner (looking at what are you working on at the moment, I would say you definitely need one):
- 1. Refrain from under-estimating/under-valuating designer’s work. A good code would never sell without the right look. (ThemeForest is already full of good coders with sales count close to zero, not to mention how much a brilliant code worth if it can’t pass thru the review process )
- 2. Revise your plans for the revenue shares
Just my two cents. Nothing personal.
Totally Agree. Envato make money on this.. On each transaction they get their commission..
That’s not relevant. I am talking about the way this theme is advertised on the item description page.
Since when updates are not free? And if something would change in May – why some people are already informed while others not? Not saying that’s the case… just curious.
This type of marketing shouldn’t be allowed. There are laws against misleading ads in the first place.
It’s also not very creative, not to mention far away from fair play. (Actually I would expect such strategy from lower tier “authors”)
“Buy my themes and one of you could win a car in our Christmas lottery?”
Two questions though…
1. Does this mean power elites can do whatever they want, no matter of rules (which are pretty clear in this regard)?
2. Is there something the author of that theme knows about the marketplace future, which we (the regular mortals) still don’t? If so – that would tell us pretty much enough about the envato’s “community approach and equal start/rights for everybody”.
First – don’t get me wrong – I’ll try to be completely objective on this.
The design you shared just doesn’t look/feel like a premium design. It’s too simple – generic background and some text thrown in there.
Many people could do it better with MS Word. You would need to concentrate more on the design and typography.
Actually it looks like some of those free business cards templates you can find all over the Internet. In order to have your work accepted (especially on GraphicRiver), the design quality must be a TOP class.
Just practice more and don’t give up.