maybe it’s possible to ask support for soft disabling the items
not bad varcolac – it’s the $15 plan?
Why worry about VAT in the past if you were not VAT registered? If you were not VAT registered but were legally required to be then yes, you should be worried as you broke the law. lol But, if you were not registered for VAT I can’t see why people would be worried about it. I see so much misunderstanding on this forum about VAT.
maybe because it’s a difference if EU authors are direct sellers or Envato is the direct seller. And Envato argues since a while that the authors have always been the seller (against what the reality shows).
from Envato’s Blog Post
EU buyers who provide a valid EU VAT number as well as buyers who confirm their country is not located in the EU will not be charged VAT on Envato Market. For EU non-business buyers, we will add VAT based on the rate in their country of residence to the list price of the item(s) at time of purchase.raises some questions regarding EU buyers without (valid) VAT# and authors are the sellers:
For EU authors, we’ll be managing the EU VAT compliance (i.e. collection, record keeping, invoicing, remittance, and so on) for sales made to non-business buyers through Envato Market.
1. will Envato collect VAT from EU buyers if EU author is a VAT registered “company”?
2. will Envato collect VAT from EU buyers if EU author is not a VAT registered “company”?
3. will Envato collect VAT from EU buyers from non-EU business authors?
4. is there a possibility that a non EU author is not a business and will Envato collect VAT from EU buyers from these non-EU non-business authors?
ad 1) should bey YES
ad 2) should be NO, because European Small Business Companies need not necessarily be VAT registered
ad 3) should be YES
ad 4) ???
hmmmm…. first of all, thanks rexavarts
if Envato issues invoices in our name with our company data and VAT details and regards buyers VAT# (UID) for Reverse Charge (VAT less) transactions
- we have to provide every single buyers VAT# (UID) on our “Zusammenfassende Meldung” for the finance?
- we got all the information to proof validity of VAT# and Company information?
lg aus Wien