1763 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Power Elite Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Community Superstar
+10 more
tommusrhodus
says

+1 This would be absolutely amazing, happened to me so many times :)

• Power Elite Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Community Superstar
+10 more
tommusrhodus
says

I think that all authors can agree that after sale service is the most challenging aspect when selling on envato, some buyers are supportive others can really be annoying and demanding

Honestly, I don’t think anything good can come of this thread considering this is an open forum.

NINJA EDIT: But in the spirit of the thread, I use Ticksy for support. Recently I changed my support tactic, by taking a firmer hand on customisation requests, and everyone is happier, most buyers are simply asking questions, tell them that ‘this is a customisation’ etc. and do it politely and everyone is happy :) Other than that I’d say my buyers are demanding, but extremely appreciative of any support I give them, and that makes me happy :)

• Power Elite Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Community Superstar
+10 more
tommusrhodus
says

then the difference between Buying an extended license of a slider revolution and distribute it within your theme and buying the extended license of a wp theme and include it within a new theme that has a complete different front end?

No, you can include any plugin from code canyon with your theme, BUT, you must first contact and negotiate terms with the plugin developer him/herself, extended license isn’t part of this.

However, you’ll find after contacting most plugin developers, you can agree to 1 extended license purchase per item with their code in it, but you must contact them first to arrange this.

• Power Elite Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Community Superstar
+10 more
tommusrhodus
says

I’m starting to see that we could certainly be asking for more.

More than happy to pay more, I think Reuben’s idea makes sense, a larger initial charge for the set up, and then a reduced rate for adding more employees to it. I think $15p/m is definitely still affordable, especially if you’re running upgrades / fixes.

• Power Elite Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Community Superstar
+10 more
tommusrhodus
says

Stay tuned. Ticksy’s not dead. :)

Awesome :) Best news I’ve had so far today!

• Power Elite Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Community Superstar
+10 more
tommusrhodus
says

I run my own support, no issues at all with ticksy so far, if a ticket breaks then it’s just a little web inspector work to get it closed, that’s all.

@Justin, please don’t drop Ticksy entirely without some decent warning first, it’s going to be a nightmare moving all those buyers onto a new system :D

• Power Elite Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Community Superstar
+10 more
tommusrhodus
says

Freed up 4GB on my SSD as well, which was pretty cool :)

• Power Elite Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Community Superstar
+10 more
tommusrhodus
says

I tried to look for him but really ask for too much money for these two changes in relation to the sale price of the site. You know someone who would be able to make these changes at a competitive price?

The sale price of a theme is not representative of the price of the work that went into that theme. Typically a $40 theme on here would be the equivalent to $3000+ worth of custom work. A typical developer price is $50 per/hour, you should base your expectations around this price bracket.

• Power Elite Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Community Superstar
+10 more
tommusrhodus
says

Just joined WPEngine, can’t believe the performance difference from my old server, I’m happy so far, but to be fair, I’m less than 24 hours in.

• Power Elite Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Community Superstar
+10 more
tommusrhodus
says

That’s not always the case, for example theme sellers often list and promote support as part of their package. By doing this they’re not just selling a single product, they’re also offering a personal service.

Picking one of the latest themes on sale at random the seller also boasts that they will provide purchasers of their theme with general Wordpress help as well as theme support.

For products linked to a service, it would be useful for buyers to know if the author is still active and they will receive the support they have been promised.

+1 if any author has abandoned item support then mentions of support should definitely be removed from the item description.

In this sense the thread makes sense, I’m in full agreement with the ‘support is not mandatory’ method of thinking, but I guess even a green or red light system per item would be useful for both buyers and authors:

Buyers: Red light, you know an author is no longer supporting a theme, but you are able to buy it if you wish knowing this. The item would of course need to be working and correct.

Sellers: Red light, if you needed to for whatever reason, you would have an explicit method of showing ‘this item is not supported’.

The obvious benefits of the green light would be honest support for buyers and potentially a few more sales on green light items for sellers.

There is a problem here though, abuse of the lighting system, obviously this would need to be deliberated upon, but I do think it would be great if a more transparent ‘we provide support’ system like this were implemented, for both buyers and sellers.

by
by
by
by
by
by