64 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 4
  • Author Level 7
  • Collector Level 2
+5 more
twisted1919
says

@Gareth_Gillman – I’ll simply have to disagree with you, that’s all ;)

64 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 4
  • Author Level 7
  • Collector Level 2
+5 more
twisted1919
says

@Gareth_Gillman – You are missing my point, i am using Envato so that i don’t have to do that type of work, regardless of the effort it implies. My deal with Envato is that i provide the stock and they find/have the right people to sell it to. It’s simple. I don’t ask Envato to add new features in my applications ;)

64 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 4
  • Author Level 7
  • Collector Level 2
+5 more
twisted1919
says

@Gareth_Gillman – So your idea is to invest couple hundred/thousand dollars in ads in a time when sales are pretty much down anyway, right? If we do that, then what’s the point in selling with Envato? Isn’t their job to bring in the buyers? I am just confused about the argument, that’s all.
On the other hand, i have read the arguments of $1 decrease and it might be to the best, will see how that goes, it’s not like we can do anything else about it.

64 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 4
  • Author Level 7
  • Collector Level 2
+5 more
twisted1919
says

The thought that items will increase in sales over a $1 reduction is, quite honestly, a ridiculous notion.

Do you really think if your script fulfills the buyers requirements that a $1 lower price will make them pull the trigger on a purchase? Absolutely not.

It could be double the price it currently is if it fulfills the requirements and solves a problem – people pay for good money for things that solve a problem. $1 means nothing to them, but can mean a lot to the author now earning less.

THIS!
64 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 4
  • Author Level 7
  • Collector Level 2
+5 more
twisted1919
says

Another good move Envato, kudos to you, we barely can keep up in the PHP Scripts category and now you do your thing and you take $1 from the item price without any decent explanation. This is just ridiculous.

64 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 4
  • Author Level 7
  • Collector Level 2
+5 more
twisted1919
says

@Parallelus – In case you haven’t noticed, they don’t allow us to do like you stated, i had the same idea too, but they will most likely, start to disable items if we advertise we offer support outside of envato ;) Why? because they can.

64 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 4
  • Author Level 7
  • Collector Level 2
+5 more
twisted1919
says

Let’s say i opt-in for support but because i am a busy fella i choose to select that i respond to my support tickets in a business week. This is all good, right?
Next, let’s say i already have some premium customers(they sponsored a lot of my apps features) that i have established relations with for some time now, and they need a premium support, like in the matter of hours, also on the phone and/or skype and they also agree to pay my special rates to get this support. In this case, i assume it is fine to sell a premium support pack on my site for customers like so, right ?

64 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 4
  • Author Level 7
  • Collector Level 2
+5 more
twisted1919
says

If Envato is so open for community, why don’t we have a authors committee that Envato takes into consideration when implementing all these new features that affects all of us? I mean, come on, why don’t we have a saying in what’s happening here? Shouldn’t we, the blood of this business have? Are we asking for too much?

And here i don’t mean 10 authors that only Envato knows about, but we, the other authors, can designate 10-20 other authors that represent us. We now have a slack channel for elite authors, we can use that internally between us, the authors, to designate the voices that will represent our best interests when talking with Envato.

In the lights of the recent events, like items support, i believe we really need a way so that our voices can be really heard by Envato and more than that, actually taken into consideration.

It’s just a thought.
Decide if it worth taken into consideration.

Thank you, an author that got tired of trying to be heard.

64 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 4
  • Author Level 7
  • Collector Level 2
+5 more
twisted1919
says

Your theme is the end product.

What you need is an express permission from the plugin author that you are allowed to use it in your theme, then if he agrees buy the extended license and just use it.

If he doesn’t agree, you’re in bad luck, find other plugin.

64 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 4
  • Author Level 7
  • Collector Level 2
+5 more
twisted1919
says

@greenline – It’s actually the other way around, we should receive 70% and envato for doing nothing, 30%.

by
by
by
by
by
by