2527 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 6
  • Beta Tester
+13 more
urbazon
says

Hey Urbazon…love that link! Never heard that before, it’s top quality, nice one :D

Yeah, Richard Cheese is a funny guy, with interesting music if you like lounge jazz :)

2527 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 6
  • Beta Tester
+13 more
urbazon
says

Hey hey, welcome to the jungle! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr7EBuz-2xI :D
2527 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 6
  • Beta Tester
+13 more
urbazon
says

Your title solely was enough for bunch of us to hate and envy you :P:D

Joking aside, cool story! Feel free to keep posting about your trip now and then. ;)

2527 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 6
  • Beta Tester
+13 more
urbazon
says

I had a lot going on last summer, mostly travel combined with a bit of work (shooting footage for VideoHive and recording sounds for AudioJungle :) ). I compiled memories from one of the trips into a collage video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6wWFhu7T8A
great footage!

Thank you. It means a lot, especially when it comes from a person with such a great showreel.

2527 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 6
  • Beta Tester
+13 more
urbazon
says

I had a lot going on last summer, mostly travel combined with a bit of work (shooting footage for VideoHive and recording sounds for AudioJungle :) ). I compiled memories from one of the trips into a collage video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6wWFhu7T8A

2527 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 6
  • Beta Tester
+13 more
urbazon
says

Do you guys think it’s just coincidence that this happened just a few days after I created a sound of meteor crashing and submitted it to AJ? Or should I start panicking? :D

2527 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 6
  • Beta Tester
+13 more
urbazon
says

Maybe we just experienced a shopping spree. Was it full moon somewhere? :D

2527 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 6
  • Beta Tester
+13 more
urbazon
says

Are you sure that’s not just a pilot of a regular plane going with too much vodka? :D:P

Joking aside, this is awesome event! Too bad people got injured, but on the brighter side, they aren’t hurt seriously.

2527 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 6
  • Beta Tester
+13 more
urbazon
says

Regarding first point, closing the queues, I agree with Adrien’s post above: it’ll just make things worse.

Regarding queue limits, it’s not something that should be done on a whim. There are many parameters that you probably haven’t considered. For example, there are a few of us authors who “specialized” in sound effects, rather than music. It is in the nature of our “products” that we have to upload bigger quantities of files. On some days I won’t create any, but then I’ll have some more time and I’ll create/submit 10, 15 sounds in a single day. (For example). Therefore, a limit of 5-7 files isn’t gonna work for us.

P.S. Before any of you think that we, the sound guys, are cluttering the queues, please note that sounds are easier to review. If nothing else, they take far less time to listen to :)

2527 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 6
  • Beta Tester
+13 more
urbazon
says

Although now I’m mostly focused on sfx, I do also have a few music tracks here on AJ, so I’ll give my input anyway :)

Back in 2008 I released my first release ever, on a “real” label :) It was a short EP of experimental/IDM music. To this day, it only sold 2 or 3 times, and I got $7 in total for it :D Oh, and I also had to BUY my own copy of the cd :D Apart from that, I released a few techno tracks, both as solo as well as in collaboration with another artist – a few techno singles in total. And I did some remixes. Summary? I never got a cent out of those…

Then I discovered AudioJungle and thought – why not? And so, a few years later, here I am, with my cute grey/silver paw. Yes, AJ was and still is the best part of my (music) career :)

But, I’m not really a musician by call, I’m supposed to (finally) graduate from the uni in a few months (if I stop being lazy :D ), studying computer sciences, so who knows where I’ll land in professional aspect of my life. Yet, I’m confident that AJ will continue to be my primary place online.

by
by
by
by
by
by