Posts by urbazon

2304 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

Did it as well – message sent and retweeted :)

2304 posts
+6 more
urbazon says

ADG3studios best reviewer ;)
+1
I wouldn’t pick a best reviewer guys, you want all the reviewers on your side!

Actually, you shouldn’t want any reviewer to be on your side, but instead to take side of quality and usability of the submitted items. I do get an unjustifiable rejection from time to time (because I upload a lot :D ) but 99% of all of rejections I’ve got actually made me improve because I’ve learned new stuff and got my mind opened for the stuff I didn’t see before or never thought about considering them.

That said, I must also add that all the three AJ reviewers I usually get reviewed by are doing their best. It would bring great injustice if you pick only one of them, as they are all very good at what they do.

On the topic of recruiting additional reviewers: I don’t think that’s actually an easy task. And probably even not necessary (yet). I remember way longer queues from just a few months ago; it’s not that bad at all right now. Also, I get this idea from time to time that it’d be a nice thing to work as a reviewer for sound effects here on AJ… But then I instantly think from the other angle – it’s a very hard task and a very responsible one as well, to be a reviewer. You should think from the reviewer’s side of things as well before calling out or picking out any of the reviewers ;)

Ah, lengthy post, as usual. I should stop posting this much and get back to creating sfx :D

2304 posts
+6 more
urbazon says

Build in a shopping cart or checkout system that asks the buyer something like : “This VideoHive template project contains audio by one of our AudioJungle authors. Would you like to purchase this as well?” If the buyer says yes, it instantly adds a license to their order and charges them the typical AudioJungle rate and both authors can get their nut.

This could be built into the item upload page that we all fill out tons of details on already. How much extra work would it really be for someone to type in “Track Name A” and “Author A”, or throw a link to the audio item into a few data entry fields on upload?

This would likely save people a lot of time too since quite a few authors create links with referrals, or full on Photoshop banners to advertise this partnership. With my suggestion we all would largely not have to do this, and instead just type in a few additional words when we upload new items.

Brilliant idea! It would actually hit/solve more than one problem/issue we have on the marketplaces. I just hope this suggestion won’t get buried in here…

2304 posts
+6 more
urbazon says

Niš would be great for me :D:P

2304 posts
+6 more
urbazon says

Belgrade or Novi Sad maybe… When do you think we should arrange this? After New Year? When we have all set up i will contact Envato send us some goodies for the Meet Up! :D

Yeeeeeeeey, goodies! :):)

And yes, sometimes early next year would be better, because there is not much time left in 2012… Plus now it’s the season of slavas, Christmas, New Year’s fever… and stuff :D It’s overcrowded schedule for many, I believe.

2304 posts
+6 more
urbazon says

I know what you actually wanted to tell us… You started a brewery!? :D

Congrats, dude! And here’s to stepping to the next level! Cheers!

2304 posts
+6 more
urbazon says

Since you’re the UX guy…
I’m a UX guy :)
Oh, modesty… :)

There are quite a few of us authors with rather big portfolios and I don’t see a reason not to make it easier to browse what we have to offer.
Re-thinking author portfolios is definitely on the list (everyone’s list, actually). We will look into it, but I don’t know when yet. The current focus is on item support.

Alright, thanks for the reply. Just don’t forget to take my suggestion into consideration during the process of re-thinking the portfolios :):)

2304 posts
+6 more
urbazon says

Heh, ja izgleda imam najbolji provod ovde. Dok vi ucite i radite, ja sam na rehabilitaciji u Vrdniku. Brckam se u bazenu sa babama i dedama. U bazenu, najmladji posle mene je 2 ipo puta stariji od mene! :) U pocetku je bilo ekstra smesno kako reaguju kad naidje istetovirani na stakama. Da sam celav, bili bi sigurni da sam kriminalac. :) Ali uz par ,,dobar dan, kako ste” i propustanja kroz vrata; super smo se sprijateljili! Imam par deda za sah, a jedan koji ima 82 godine mi se pozalio kako je nezadovoljan, jer su sve babe debele, polomljene, vise itd. Nema ni jedna da valja! :D Suma i jesen sjajno inspirisu, stoga uskoro stizu nove kompozicije! Ali ono sto vidim je, da mi niko nije preveo na engleski ,,ko o cemu, baba o ustipcima”. :D Poz za sve!

Treba ponekad popricati i sa penzosima, jer pored provale senilnih izjava covek moze da iskopa iz njih i prave bisere mudrosti ;) Mada, nisam siguran da li bih zeleo da se brckam u bazenu prpeunom baba i deda… :D

Btw, your phrase is hardly translatable :) Better stick with it’s native language form ;) Or, better yet, only for you, since you’re the musician: the mashup version “Ko o cemu, baba o postenju” :D

2304 posts
+6 more
urbazon says

:D:D:D

2304 posts