2395 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon
says

Hah, such great posts here, and I’m so late to respond to all the good comments :D

Anyway, whoever decides to organize any kind of event, they should start using so called “Balkan flexi time”. :D For those who don’t know it, it’s something like a time-shift variable existing only in Balkans. For example, if we agree to meet at 5 PM, we should expect that we won’t be complete until at least 6 PM :D Just sayin’ :D

Btw, just to introduce myself briefly, I’m Dejan from Niš (relatively close to Vlasina lake :P ) and I’m the sound fx guy around here :)

2395 posts
+6 more
urbazon
says

Haha :) Nice idea ;)

I wanted to suggest my track, but then – surprise, surprise! :) – I see it’s already listed. Thanks for digging it out ;) Finally I’m not alone with “dark Christmas” themes :D

btw, other tracks are simply amazing! Awesome quality, guys!

2395 posts
+6 more
urbazon
says

‘ello! :)

2395 posts
+6 more
urbazon
says

I realy hate that Upload an item box… It mixes up with unread comments..
You’re not alone :) We’re part way through a lot of changes on the dashboard, will definitely take this feedback into consideration on the next bit.

That’s nice to hear. But can you give us some more info about it? What’s planned? Or at least ETA for (at least some) changes? What to expect and when? :)

2395 posts
+6 more
urbazon
says

I don’t have these two accounts, but from what I’ve learned reading numerous forum topics on this matter is this:

Can we delete some of our tracks that haven’t sales to re-upload on Not Exclusive portfolio?
The official word is that you can’t upload your files back to the marketplace(s) once you delete them.

Or is there a mode to switch between the two portfolios?
As far as I know, nope, there isn’t any utility that helps maintaining non- and exclusive portfolios/accounts. Even the two-accounts system is a “hack” and not a real long-term solution, if you ask me.

Furthermore, we would to know if it’s possible to switch, in case, the sold items and, if so, if them all preserve their status (sales, rating, comments and so on)
Even if they let you switch any of your items (ie. delete and then upload again under different account), it would be just like that – removing and uploading it just like uploading from scratch, therefore all file stats are gone/nulled.

Again, none of these answers are official answers, but I’m pretty sure they’re correct. Anyway, I hope this helps… ;)

2395 posts
+6 more
urbazon
says

Wow! Awesome milestone(s). Congrats!

2395 posts
+6 more
urbazon
says

hahaha :D

2395 posts
+6 more
urbazon
says

“Focus on what you can control” is a good attitude to have. But in the context of this thread, it’s kind of a defeatist attitude. Because we’re trying to influence the marketplaces with our voice. Whether that’s effective or not, who knows, but some people think it’s worth the effort :)

Actually, we (by “we” I mean “authors”) have the power to control even this kind of situations. Or at least to “negotiate” :) Many of the authors who shared their opinion in this thread are successful in their own fields/marketplaces. If this (or any other) issue gets so bad or unsatisfying, authors can always commit an envatocide ( :D ) and remind Envato that there’s nothing without authors around here…

I’m not saying that we should do it because of the bundles issue, just wanted to share another point of view on this matter.

And now I just realized that I never shared my opinion on the topic :D From what I could observe, I had no significant changes in sales/earnings behavior during any of the bundle periods (except the one I was featured in, which brought a few extra dollars). But nevertheless I agree with many points raised during this discussion, especially with the necessity to choose different authors and also showcase different marketplaces (for example, a few of you mentioned 3dOcean, which has very poor sales count and desperately demands dealing with) rather just focusing on ThemeForest in every possible occasion.

2395 posts
+6 more
urbazon
says

Thank you all for your support :) With you Urbazon and others SFX guys AJ will become soon important SFX library place. In 1 year near 100% AudioJungle’s SFX library growth of really well reviewed and usable sounds :)

That’s true. Although we all present (healthy) competition to each other, we are also putting this collective effort into raising the value of AudioJungle’s SFX library. Who knows, maybe we can hope that one day we’ll even get (better) tools for showcasing our rather large portfolios :)

2395 posts
+6 more
urbazon
says

Would sometimes be nice to have, but leads probably to a situation where authors start uploading unfinished work and keep on working on it during the queue waiting time ;)

I was always thinking about this (ie. the way to solve this potential problem). I think it would be fair if there was a “compromise solution”: authors are allowed to edit their pending submission, but only a few hours after they hit the UPLOAD button. After that editing is locked.

I believe this would help a lot, as the most times I’ve read about this on Forums, people just wanted to correct a mistake they’ve only noticed after submitting, which happens very soon after submitting.

EDIT : P.S. Or maybe provide us with link to just preview our potential future approved item’s page while still in queue, so that we can at least copy tags and other info (for all of us who are so lazy to write them down in a document before uploading :D ) to make it easier to delete+fix+reupload…

by
by
by
by
by
by