Posts by varcolac1000

88 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Located in Romania
+2 more
varcolac1000 says

ongoing support of an item may not be required, but as an author, you should value the customer for all time, not just at their time of purchase. Especially when hours of time have been spent changing css and internal code of a project and all of the sudden there is a new version to have to update. It may be simple to update an unchanged version of the product, but when over 20 hours of development have changed the script, your simple update may be a royal pain in the arse. You have a big ticket item here on CC and many of the purchasers have nothing and spent a week or more to save for your item. It is that important to them, so don’t hate on your buyers.
I don’t think is fear for us, authors, to solve the clients bugs that THEY create by modifying our projects. We offer a full functional script.

Just imagine you spent 20 hours on modifying the product and you caused a lot of bugs. We need to locate the bugs and solve them for FREE and spend un number of hours to solve your products. If 10 clients come with this problems we need to spend days of work to solve this problems. Solving problems for free make us to lose a lot of time and taking in discussion the proverb “time is money”.

Clients need to understand we can not offer support 24/7 for everything. Also about customisation, clients can request an 1000$ change just for the price of item that is 55$, see the difference ?

In my opinion support is like this:
  1. Respond to questions (related to product, not customisation) before buying the product or after (e.g.: This template use x CSS framework, does it have all elements included ? If not, which ones we can use and which one we can’t ?).
  2. Solving bugs for the UNMODIFIED product because bugs can be created by clients by modifying the code incorrectly.
  3. Providing updates to ensure the product is compatible with the current standard. If users want to update their modified code, just use GIT.
88 posts
  • Located in Romania
+2 more
varcolac1000 says

Firstly i have an item i release like 3 months ago, i have released series of versions of this item, now is in version 3.1 but the problem am having is, Every author that bought the item i gave all my possible support because they didn’t buy it at once, i was able to do that without stress. But now that i just release a new version 3.1 all the buyers will like to upgrade at once without paying me again. I gave a proper instructions to do the upgrade but most of them are lazy to do it.

In the previous version i added feature to put there site to maintenance mode so that they update there site without fear

I want to suggest if it is possible to allow buyers to pay for support here on envato, i just receive a 1 star to my item because the buyer didn’t receive reply from me on time imagine i have 100+ buyers to attend to, buyers can’‘t wait for days to get reply

So i urge envato to do something about this

Thanks pRocrea8

If you already create an clear guide on how to upgrade to an newer version, why do you fear to refer the client to already create guide ?

88 posts
  • Located in Romania
+2 more
varcolac1000 says

As the others say, you should offer Skype support for clients that want an long term collaboration (if you want this also). I offered Skype “support” to maximum 4 persons that I’ve worked on a important project ,after I offered the support for the item they needed, or to persons I’ve worked for more than 6 months.

Some clients just don’t know anything and want all the explanations and customisation for free, they will bother you all day because they can.

Don’t follow the slogan “Our client is our master”, make your life easy, have an working hours “banner” if you still want to offer support via chat.

88 posts
  • Located in Romania
+2 more
varcolac1000 says

Why don’t simply say: “I make sites”. That’s the ultimate explanation.

88 posts
  • Located in Romania
+2 more
varcolac1000 says
  1. Start creating themes for Themeforest
  2. An OK monthly income from Envato market, as an “salary”.
  3. More badges, we all love shiny things. :D
88 posts
  • Located in Romania
+2 more
varcolac1000 says

not bad varcolac – it’s the $15 plan?

here’s mine:

rgds
mac

No, is actually 12$ converting from my country price to dollars.

88 posts
  • Located in Romania
+2 more
varcolac1000 says

Dead topic but:
\\
And with that tool: Download: 136.5MBs and Upload: 70.25MBs.

88 posts
  • Located in Romania
+2 more
varcolac1000 says

Have you checked this: phpSound ? Have a lot of functios and work on all PHP servers. Also, I will release soon an theme for it. Check the script and tell me what do you think about it.
i did its awesome indeed, but its posing as a soundcloud model not spotify, as in users upload instead of a server streaming

OK, I understand your point.

Good luck with it !

88 posts
  • Located in Romania
+2 more
varcolac1000 says

Have you checked this: phpSound ? Have a lot of functios and work on all PHP servers. Also, I will release soon an theme for it. Check the script and tell me what do you think about it.

88 posts
  • Located in Romania
+2 more
varcolac1000 says

Merry Christmas to everyone!

by
by
by
by