Posts by will1234craig

69 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
will1234craig says

I’m currently developing a WP site using the roots theme which automatically minifies all of your CSS into one main.min.css file.

However, in IE8 a lot of the rules aren’t being applied. I’ve read somewhere that IE8 can only read 4096 rules – is that true?

Any other thoughts on what could be causing this?

Cheers

69 posts
will1234craig says

If I take away the ID all of the private posts will appear but I need only one specific ID to show. The reason I have to add the private query is because by default WordPress won’t show include private posts in query results. Thanks for your help but looks like there isn’t a simple solution for this!

69 posts
will1234craig says

I tried that along with p, page_id, pagename etc. Whilst they work when the page is published, they do not work when it is private. Do you think this could be a WordPress issue?

69 posts
will1234craig says

I am having trouble trying to query a single private post. I have created a custom post type called dogs, some of which are published and some of which are private.

I can query all of the dogs using the following code:

$args = array ('post_type' => 'dog', 'post_status' => array('publish', 'private')); $male_q = new WP_Query($args);

However, if I specify a name, for example:

$args = array ('post_type' => 'dog', 'name' => 'bouncer', 'post_status' => array('publish', 'private')); $male_q = new WP_Query($args);

then the query returns nothing.

Any thoughts?

69 posts
will1234craig says

Hi all

I have a project a typography project to be exact i am looking for this kind of quality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ZlsWWt2-w&feature=relmfu

I can supply a script and voice over the video will be around 2-3 mins max The main focus will be typography Also the possible use of vectors which i will supply but we may just go 90% typo Time scale for this project is about 3weeks (1Nov)

I am only interested in freelancers with a good portfolio and good examples please tell me your project price and any rates

thanks

email me at

glasgoweb ’@’ gmail.com

69 posts
will1234craig says

cool thanks for the feedback I like the look of Jigoshop from day one, but i saw posts about the forking of the code and developers jumping ship.

But as long as its a active community then i will stick with jigoshop

69 posts
will1234craig says

Hi

Looking to find out which is the best platform for building an ecommerce wp site, i checked over the support for both but understandable they are locked down for users only.

Looking for some feedback from intermediate skilled developers on which one is best choice for future development, support and plugins

thanks

69 posts
will1234craig says

-HINTS-

Hello i buy a fair few themes so i though i would tell you what i would look for in the health and beauty theme, i have in my time converted a few themes from here into theme

List of Do’s Price lists (most beauty/dentists etc tell visitors there prices, keep them simple as the have loads of items they sell )

Simple Email booking calendar

Testimonials, (we used custom posts and a front end form for the user to submit)

portrait galleries work best as most are head or body shots (we added a before and after gallery once looked good if done right)

Groupon Mad, they all do groupon we used a plugin for this so the client could add there own deals

Facebook is really big with them, hairdressers and beauty saloons all have them

Dont’s (in my opinion)

Minimalist: most clients didn’t link the minimal white look Icons for services dont work – pics work well tho Large wide banners we found didnt work very well, as images are hard to source as most need people in them

good luck all

69 posts
will1234craig says

sorry please email me on my personal account

will1234craig@hotmail.com
69 posts
will1234craig says

Hi all

one of our clients is asking for a 2-3 min promo video, that are asking for a ball park price, the video would be the same quality level as below

http://vimeo.com/20403071

if you can email me your details, please only email if you have the desired skill level, we would rather pay more for quality.

thanks

by
by
by
by
by
by