Posts by zun1989

145 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
zun1989 says

Hello I have posted a post earlier regarding programming before. Basically i had 0 knowledge about programming and i have tried C++ abit. So now i believe my programming language is :

( PL>0; PL++ ) :P . Ok apart from the lame joke. I learnt some few things in c++.

So basically i would like to enter the world of web development and design ( Wordpress sites etc). And at the moment i design Ios and android app ui. I also like to go on web app designing field as well maybe someday.

Q1. So coming back to the question : Which i should start with? PHP or RUBY +ROR.

Basically i already learnt html/css so was planning to go to javascript and php. But for some reason the Ror/ruby attracted me. Maybe its the icon or something. But i wanted to try it.

Therefore i am looking for expert opinions who are in the field to give me some advice :

Q2. Will there be any problem or hindrance in my web development carrier that i am planning to build if i start with Ror instead of PHP ?

Q3. Remember also i design apps, so will it be beneficial for me in that sector?

If you would like to add more details or give advice then feel free to do so. Also kindly know that i don’t have much knowledge in the programming field, i am starting and thus my questions can be from “noob category” so please be kind. Thank you.

145 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
zun1989 says

I currently have a Macbook with retina display but I absolutely love my Asus with 16 GB of ram. It runs on Window 8 and it is amazingly fast. Once I was running a 1080p movie + AutoCAD + Photoshop + a 1080 video converter and it ran all of those smoothly without any frame loss or slow speed. I had an iMac (the latest version) but after giving the Asus a try, I decided to sell it. Now my Macbook has become more of an entertainment system. I personally recommend you to buy a desktop instead of a laptop because you get your job done 10X faster.
Well i know desktop will be a better choice, but at the moment i was thinking of buying a portable one.
145 posts
+1 more
zun1989 says

A Mac might be more expensive, but believe me, it is worth every penny! I once made a mistake of purchasing a windows laptop. All the trouble with updates, software etc, I’ll probably never buy a Windows again. Once you have a Mac, you’ll understand that it is possible to work on a computer without all the trouble, all the randomness of a Windows. There is no maintenance, no worries about your antivirus, or about that it’s getting slower. It just works.

But moving on, a Mac is more expensive. What you could do, if you live in the USA, is buy one on Ebay. You’ll find new ones, but much cheaper than in the regular Apple stores. You can also consider buying a second hand or refurbished machine, sometimes, they are even sold with warranty.

You should keep in mind, that not only the specs, but also the OS determines your performance. A 1.6 Ghz macbook air will perform much better than a 1.6 Ghz windows netbook. (not that you should go for an air if you are planning on designing stuff … but still).

As you have mentioned the issue of virus. I have a question based on that. Lets say i used a pen drive on an infected windows pc, and i used the pen drive on my MAC.

Won’t it affect the MAC? I mean i dont know much but virus are programs right. So how come it affects the windows but fails in MAC.

Anyways if the virus doesnt affect the MAC then thats actually a very good reason to get mac in general. I do hate all the updates and everything.

145 posts
+1 more
zun1989 says

I should have mentioned the budget actually. After listening to many of you guys. I am considering budget to be around 2000USD max

145 posts
+1 more
zun1989 says
145 posts
+1 more
zun1989 says

MacBook. Just because it does the job right.

By the way for MAC which one do you use? And what about the screensize. I wanted a big screen-size as well. I believe the highest screen-size for MACBOOK is 15.6 inch or so.

Do you use extra monitors?

145 posts
+1 more
zun1989 says

I’m going to throw in a spanner here. I bought an old used pentium 2 450mhz around 1998, with this and just these I had formed a company with a £million+ turnover in just under 5 years. Just buy whichever will help you get the work done. Personally a laptop has too many drawbacks, cooling is one, I used to use a laptop for design and after 7hours of almost continuous use it would overheat and shut down or become very sluggish (back then it was 16hour days for me), I’m not saying that all laptops do that but it does happen. Prefer a desktop any day.

The last thing you want to do is be diagnosing or fixing problems when you should be working, so buy the best that you can afford plus another 50% on top, if it’s your livelihood then always get the best, whether that best is a mac or a windows pc depends on the spec for the money plus reliability, do not just get a mac because it seems more professional. I remember a client making a comment that he was really impressed with a competitor of ours because they had a whole bank of mac G5s (he was trying to haggle over price) I then explained that this particular competitor designed menus for takeaways and we were designing and printing for McDonalds, O2, Vodafone, the UK government etc etc, so at the end of the day it doesn’t matter about the badge or someones perceived image of you, it’s your talent that counts.

Anyway coming back to the OP I have to say that out of all the laptops I have used Dell and Asus are the best, not just in terms of reliability and more bang for your buck but the service was great (at least for me).

I agree that a desktop in general is better. But i personally like laptops. This is just personal thing and so thought why not ask you guys.

I also realized most people preferring asus that interesting. I never thought asus products are that popular or good. Always thought its either HP or Sony which are good in terms of PC. HP is good thought. And dont know about sony.

And definitely talent is what counts. I just wanted to upgrade so decide to open a post :).

145 posts
+1 more
zun1989 says

I suggest you Msi stealth g70s. It’s a gaming laptop. Very lite and also powerful. I’m using now for my videohive and production work. Check it out on YouTube, see the review or comparison to others. :-)

Hey bro, I checked out g75vx asus. But in the spec they don’t say anything about the RAM. Do i need to buy seperate RAM?

145 posts
+1 more
zun1989 says

Buy a PS4 aswell as a Mac, voila.

Better idea i guess :P. Lets see what happens and let me get some more advice from the other members here.

145 posts
+1 more
zun1989 says

I suggest you to buy a MAC ,because a mac is a mac :) ,but if you don’t have much money to spend check also laptops from Asus because in the last years they made awesome laptops and powerfull to. I have played on an Asus and was fantastic . In time you will get you money..choose with your mind,not with your wallet :P !

I am really confused now.

MAC gives this sophisticated pro look.

Where as

These gaming laptop gives a quite rough and tough look.

Both i like but for some reason i feel like leaning towards those gaming laptops but with retina screen of mac and its OS maybe :P. Is there any option? lol

by
by
by
by
by
by