1566 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
AndrVlad says

Based on this article http://notes.envato.com/general/extended-license-changes-part-1/ I think any Item (like pictures, music, fxs, footage, graphics, etc) bought with extended license can be included into biger item (like AE project).

I don’t think an extended license allows a VH author to include an AJ item in their sale. In that case, the music would be available as a complete file that could be easily extracted and used for something else which would violate the license rules.

Pinkzebra, I think you are mixing license rights and violation possibility. I don’t think if somebody bought project with your music it’s allowed to reuse your music incorporated in the project. But of course some bad people still may violate license rules same way if they bought regular license.

Best Regards, Andrey

293 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
SchwartzSound says

This has come up on VH before a few times, most recently I had thought it not allowed. However it officially seems to be permitted, even though it still raises big concerns to me as I discussed previously.

Regardless, if you do want to use an extended license to include an AudioJungle track in your template, as a professional courtesy I would highly encourage you to ask for the specific author’s permission before you do, as the licensing on Envato is still imperfect and controversial and many authors may take issue with this specific use.

Finally, if you do end up reselling the track within your template, again as a matter of courtesy please make sure to include a statement that “the audio track is only allowed to be used in conjunction with that specific template, and cannot be removed/reused elsewhere”, in as many places as possible in your template – in the help file, on the project notes, even as the name of the audio layer in the template – to help reinforce this point and deter improper behavior by end users.

230 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Boldtrax says

Simple answer, no, not allowed.

Really guys, please consider the other way around for a single thought and moment – would you want your After Effects or Video work be given away for free when someone bought 1!!! extended license of your work? I know it’s hard to tell this way round, but imagine I’d do a music for one of your projects, buy 1 extended license and sell my music with this (your) AE project over and over again.

Plus, quoting the extended license changes here:
When you include the item in a larger project The larger project is usually not a template or stock item. Meaning, what you’re selling is meant for the end user, not something the buyer would modify and use in another project.

Still the best way is crosspromoting, means collabs between VH and AJ authors and backlinking each project. This way everybody wins.

Cheers Dirk

351 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
DOGmotion says
Give full quote, please.
When you include the item in a larger project The larger project is usually not a template or stock item. Meaning, what you’re selling is meant for the end user, not something the buyer would modify and use in another project. For example, you could sell a final product like an app, shirt, movie, or printed material. Occasionally, the larger project is a template item. For example, you could use a button graphic in a WordPress theme you sell. (On the other hand, you could not convert an HTML template to WordPress, as this is not a larger project.) Here are more examples of what is considered a “larger” project.
To be found here: click

Go to: “more examples”. There you can found such words:

A sound effect from AudioJungle could be used in an After Effects project for sale.
But do not confuse sound effect with track.
230 posts
+3 more
Boldtrax says

Sorry for quoting incomplete.

I just gave the official extended license terms another read:

You may license, sub-license, sell, resell or re-distribute the Work or offer to do any of these things (together referred to as Resale) in the following circumstances: the Work is incorporated into a larger work you have created; or if the Work is a template or software application, you use it alone to modify it and Resell it as an end product (that is, not as a tool, template, or stock item, and without source files); or you use the Work alone as a Limited Re-Purposing, but only if: (A) you first obtain the permission of the author of the Work; and (B) the Resale of the second work is only made on an Envato marketplace. A Limited Re-Purposing means that you use the Work alone and modify it for Re-sale as a tool, template, or stock item, or with source files.

Esp. the 2nd point is what it’s all about imho. I understand it the way that you surely can deliver an After Effects Opener with an Audiojungle item included to a customer as a final rendered product (when you bought the extended license for that track). But you can not sell a template with the audiojungle track in the source files included. If you wish to do so, last point clears that you def. need written permission of the author to do so (which is rather unlikely to happen I guess).

And lastly it’s my basic understanding of how business works and a question of ethics to not give away other authors work for free (means included in a template for sell).

D

Edit: Licenses -> http://audiojungle.net/licenses/regular_extended

812 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

There’s a contradiction between what is written in the Extended License terms and Extended License Changes. According to what you read in the Extended License:
You may license, sub-license, sell, resell or re-distribute the Work
if the Work is incorporated into a larger work you have created
The only restriction concerns templates and software applications :
if the Work is a template or software application you can’t sell it as a tool, template, stock item, or have the source files included.
It doesn’t say anything about music, so according to these terms one can use AJ music in video templates.

HOWEVER , the Extended License Changes – Part 1 article explicitly states that
The larger project is usually not a template or stock item. Meaning, what you’re selling is meant for the end user, not something the buyer would modify and use in another project.

So after all, extended license does not cover the use of AJ music files in videohive templates.

2285 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says
Sorry guys, but envato has the last word on that: http://videohive.net/forums/thread/extended-license-changes-part-2/65723?page=4#583501

But that doesn’t mean that I think this is a good decision, since EL for AJ is only 5x regular.

I would not do it as videohive author, so I’ve heard it from many others. But, you are allowed to do it. Period.

61 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Creative-Medias says
My question to support :
Hi, I would like more informations about the extended license use on Audiojungle. It says : “Using an item as a small element of a larger project: A sound effect from AudioJungle could be used in an After Effects project for sale.” Does that works for a music too? Can I purchase an extended license and sell my after effects project and include that music in the project file on marketplaces? Thanks! Florian
Envato reply :
Hey Florian, The same rules apply to music as the sound effects in this situation. http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Live/Knowledgebase/Article/View/393/70/audiojungle-license-usage-examples http://notes.envato.com/general/extended-license-changes-part-1/ Kind Regards, Curt Z.

We are allowed to do that.

481 posts Think pink.
  • Won a competition
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1000+ members
+6 more
pinkzebra says

If this is indeed possible with an extended license then the loophole should be closed ASAP .

I would ask that VH authors please refrain from exploiting this loophole as it would be seen as an extremely frustrating situation from the AJ author’s perspective. Imagine seeing another item on the Envato marketplace bundling your project within it and competing against that very project that you created, taking potential sales away from you every time it was sold.

Very uncool. This needs to be addressed and corrected by the Envato staff.

812 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

Sorry guys, but envato has the last word on that: http://videohive.net/forums/thread/extended-license-changes-part-2/65723?page=4#583501

Apparently this is an outdated post that was written prior to the extended license changes.
The update says unambiguously: The larger project is not a template or stock item. In any case,it’s very strange that this important info can only be found in some god-forsaken post. It’s something that should’ve been a part of the license.

by
by
by
by
by
by