196 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
augustomeijer says

I’m curious to see the improvements. Thanks for posting. Both visual And functionality improvements? Great stuff.

4649 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+8 more
digitalscience says

For the love of God please don’t change what already works, can you please rather spend time and energy on new functionality, like improvements to home page exposure… honestly the background colour is fine for now, really guys – talk about dragging ones feet :D Tweaking boxes and colours etc is not going to improve sales for anyone.. so why waste time.. how about redesigning the home page!? It seems pretty obvious now Envato will only make changes to the site that doesn’t interrupt sales distribution. Which is why we only see tweaks to stuff that already works, and slight shuffling around, tweaking colors… this site is gonna go nowhere if that policy doesn’t change.

Read the OP before commenting? Justin did say the other teams are working on functionality

Justin is concentrating on the design elements which imho do need some amendments are the marketplace websites are kinda need of a little tlc.

Justin and his design team need to be kept busy somehow ;)

Well after that menu change, I’m a bit skeptical of “tweaks” of things that already worked fine, which no one asked to be tweaked in the first place… pretty sure I’ve not read one comment from anyone saying the background color should be lighter.

Why not just redesign the whole site? Instead of tweaking the same old layout we’ve been looking at since the dawn of time.

Justin and his design team need to be kept busy somehow ;)

Oh sure like there isn’t any other pressing things to change other than the background color. You guys do realize that if you change the background colour, alot of authors have to redo all off their item advertising, so basically just wasting everyone time, and doing ZERO to improve sales. Can we have REAL changes please?

Put the “design team” on the welcome block area, I think that would be more productive for everyone, yes?

83 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Kosovo
+2 more
vuzzu says

Thanks for including us in this update. It would be nice to repeat this procedure on any other major update, 30 seconds feedback is nothing for any author out there. Cheers!

3061 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

Cool survey! I’ve never used typeform. Fingers didn’t leave the keyboard – awesome.

BG color wont affect me too much. It’ll actually be a nice kick in the bum for me to visually refresh all my old items.

1265 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
Pricop says

Do you actually plan to release this update for X number of users first, and see how that goes? Ask for some feedback in terms of visual by actually allowing us to test the design before it rolls out to the masses [I’ve suggested a while back that something like codecanyon.net?newdesign would be a great option to test and see the difference between them].

Personally I won’t be affected by the background color change (maybe my eyes will be burned much more?), however I can see how a lot of authors would have to remake their images again, and this, indeed would be such a waste of time for some.

2273 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Just wondering, but who decided to remove the tabs? Seems like an odd choice for usability as I don’t see an indication of a link there compared to regular text? How would a user know they are links to click? They just look like floating words.. no underlines, nothing around them, not a different color?

Jonathan

5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

Rather than piss about with semantics. Sort the header out, its hideous.

Guys you are part of a multi million dollar company, the current header looks like a nasdaq list.

93 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+8 more
23andwalnut says

Rather than piss about with semantics. Sort the header out, its hideous. Guys you are part of a multi million dollar company, the current header looks like a nasdaq list.

There does seem to be A LOT going on with the header these days. I count four different bars today. The bundle banner, the real header, the site switcher, and the category picker.

474 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
phpbits says

make my badges retina too :)

2273 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Rather than piss about with semantics. Sort the header out, its hideous. Guys you are part of a multi million dollar company, the current header looks like a nasdaq list.
There does seem to be A LOT going on with the header these days. I count four different bars today. The bundle banner, the real header, the site switcher, and the category picker.

There’s actually 7 on your author pages like your dashboard – absolutely horrendous stuff.

1. Bundle banner
  2. Envato Marketplaces with Make Money etc etc
  3. All the marketplaces all the times
  4. Categories
  5. Breadcrumb
  6. Page Title
  7. Tabbed areas

But anyways, back to the completely missing visual guide on the floating words (that used to be visual tabs) that mean nothing to anyone…. ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by