• Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Finland
arthustiak says

My suggestions:
or something like that …

+1 !
In my opinion the sidebar looks unprofessional at the moment or at least doesn’t use the space effectively. As the site moves towards responsiveness I suggest you to change at least those comments and purchases boxes to more mobile-friendly, they could be buttons. Too many frames to focus on.
There has to be a more simpler and focused approach on how elements are shown. They should get the viewers attention and move the eye on to more important things e.g. what is it that the buyer looks or searches for. Definately the social box isn’t too much used, so it could be at the bottom, coz I believe the other things in the sidebar are more important.
And do those Add to Favorites and Add to Collection buttons really need to be as high. They are irrelevant to what the buyer looks for. If I buy an item I’m not favoriting items, I just open browser tabs and pick the one most suitable for me. And what if the visitor isn’t signed in, should they be shown or not, or where they should be.
A drop down list or something for tags in mobile would be a good idea. I understand the need for clickability, but the tags take quite a lot of space.

Sorry Elite authors, but This quite a big box (This item is by an Elite Author) could be squeezed to a maybe some smaller icon and nearer to the other icons near the profile pic. It kinda puts the authors in an unequal position where the big sellers gets more attention. Everyone should have equal looking item pages. Also it serves no real purpose for the buyer but to prevent him from seeing the more important things in smaller viewports.

Don’t get me wrong I’m really excited what’s coming up, keep up the good work! These are only my own opinions. And I like the idea we can all together give ideas for a better marketplace!

266 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Vasterad says

My suggestions:
or something like that …

That’d much better than current one. There are definitely too many rectangles now and buttons with “3D” effect are outdated.

271 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
sightsignal says

Here’s something way overdue (at least for videohive): uploading has an option to use 590×332 preview images that has been in effect for a while, which is great, because it matches the 16:9 ratio of HD media… However when hovering the thumbnail, the preview window squashes it down to 590×300, changing the aspect ratio and making it look broken.

With all these refreshes I don’t know if the mouse-over preview is going to get updated as well, but if it’s going to stay the same, please fix this basic issue… allow your buyers to properly see a 16:9 preview image on a video marketplace.

149 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
sebastianjacobs says

My suggestions:
or something like that …

+1 This is much better!

149 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
sebastianjacobs says

BUG!

623 posts
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
+9 more
Kriesi says

I occasionally get this issue with pagination:

\\
Thanks Kris! We’re taking a look at this one!
Happens her occasionally too, Ubuntu 64bit, latest Chrome. Issue is gone on hover over that icon.
Here as well. PC, Win7, Chrome and Samsung Note 10.1, Android, Chrome

This is a Chrome Bug that should get fixed with the next version of the Browser that can happen with any custom font: http://blog.typekit.com/2014/02/04/chrome-bug-affecting-web-fonts/

Don’t think there is anything envato can do here but wait :)

28 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
ClientEngage says

I really like how this is developing – much fresher and more appealing. :-)

One issue I have run into quite a few times is that the license/purchase-box on item pages does not show up. Instead, the loading indicator shows-up indefinitely.

I have not yet found a pattern or really looked into why this happens – yet, I notice it on about 10% of page-views, requiring me to refresh the page. Maybe something to look into, considering that this box is rather vital?

Anyhow, I look forward to the remainder of the roll-out! :-)

Best wishes, ClientEngage

491 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

My suggestions:
or something like that …
+1 This is much better!

Haven’t spoken with Tom yet on this one, but I basically agree with this direction.

491 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

One issue I have run into quite a few times is that the license/purchase-box on item pages does not show up. Instead, the loading indicator shows-up indefinitely.

That’s not specifically related to the visual refresh but we’re definitely looking into this.

by
by
by
by
by
by