431 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 1+ members Located in Australia Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
john says

60 pages of discussion and @DigitalScience throwing the first stone.

It’s been a good couple of years since I had a poke around here, good to know some things never change :)

323 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
familychoice says

61 pages and we’re still stuck with an illogical navigational system and user-unfriendly header section.

Make you wonder why anyone bothers to comment at all.

236 posts Marketplace Developer
    Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team Located in New Zealand Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
madlep Envato team says

60 pages of discussion and @DigitalScience throwing the first stone. It’s been a good couple of years since I had a poke around here, good to know some things never change :)

Who are you again? ;)

5888 posts
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

60 pages of discussion and @DigitalScience throwing the first stone. It’s been a good couple of years since I had a poke around here, good to know some things never change :)

Actually we are worrying as certain major things doesn’t change here :D

Marketplace members are growing but the changes/improvements doesn’t meet that – on time. ;)

Edit: Welcome back on forums! glad to see you around :)

4596 posts Love & Light
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

I guess over the years we’ve become tired of the pointless tweaks, and ready for some exciting / game changing features ;) so think of that stone as a bundle of hard constructive criticism. :)

7290 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

I guess over the years we’ve become tired of the pointless tweaks

well then we got some hard years ahead since this drop by drop tweaks are the main philosophy development at envato. Incremental improvements or similar. Must be some reason behind this, even Adobe got to this route where they promised to improve the software seamlessly on the go. From what I’m seeing Adobe failed to keep the promise. Maybe this incremental approach is not a good choice after all. We will see.

Technically I can see the advantages of developing like this but who come up with this idea had no understanding on how humans work. He wanted to develop logically but human are not logical. We all expect NEW and DIFFERENT when something NEW come up. Take the iPhone example. The world wanted a NEW version not an improvement over the previous version. Who care is better like the previous one? World was “meh”

5888 posts
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

@doru, There is no meaning with comparisons. ;)

We have to compare the individual marketplaces / see the differences and make changes accordingly. As of now what actually happened is, all the 8 marketplaces “United” without concerning specific needs of each marketplace / industry. Even the marketplace specific Licencing also still awaiting – authors have no idea about time frame.

Sorry for the off topic.

4596 posts Love & Light
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

It seems this “visual refresh” is gearing up towards making the site responsive and mobile friendly, which is why everything looks so basic and it feels like we’re going backwards. But I guess sometimes you need to take some steps backwards to go forwards.

As for uniting all marketplaces and dropping the colour themes, it doesn’t quite work. Envato on it’s own is not a strong enough brand, and now all marketplaces have adopted the green colour theme from Envato… which in my opinion is not a well thought out idea. We have several marketplaces here selling highly specialized items – each marketplace should be uniquely themed, and look different to each other. Especially on the home pages – we should see big exciting banners show casing the types of files.

And with exposure being key to selling here, we desperately need new and exiting ways to increase exposure to new items. The rebranding and styling could have waited, there are more priority areas that have needed attention.

326 posts Keeping Things Simple
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
cmoreira says

Not sure anyone mentioned this already, but it seems the rich snippets for the star ratings on search result pages are not working anymore. Before the price and rating would display and now there’s no meta data displaying. Check the Google Structured Data Testing Tool: http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets?q=http%3A%2F%2Fthemeforest.net%2Fitem%2Favada-responsive-multipurpose-theme%2F2833226
Thanks cmoreira, it looks like our ratings schema data is ok (Item 2) but something has changed around price & authorship schema data that has broken things. We’ll check it out :)

Thank you for looking into it! This is very important for CTR on the search page results. Looks like the ‘price’ should be inside the ‘offer’ data according to the example here: http://schema.org/CreativeWork

Greetings, Carlos

1738 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

It can’t be denied that the refresh totally brought a new breath to the whole design after many years. However I also feel like this design still needs to be tweaked a lot. One of the first things to be easily recognized is the text and button contrast doesn’t look well as before, I find it hard to read some text or to notice a button on this field of all – grey elements. Hope it would be improved soon.

61 pages and we’re still stuck with an illogical navigational system and user-unfriendly header section. Make you wonder why anyone bothers to comment at all.

Yes I agree, there should be a solution to this head nav bar. Most of us would click right on the left side logo to get back to front page, but now we would have to click exactly on the logo of the page on the nav bar. Not sure if I can get acquainted with this experience.

by
by
by
by
by
by