1411 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Stylius says

NO WAY WPS!! :) I think you’re missing the point why PSY is popular. That guy can’t be the next PSY. His music is stupid, I cannot support the melody and it is way too repetitive.

Of course it’s stupid and repetitive, the only thing he says is “One pound fish”. :)

But 8.000.000 views in 15 days, that thing will blow up like gangnam style did.

About Gangnam Style, it didn’t get popular because of the music, it got popular because of the video.

I never liked Gangnam Style but now i pretty much hate it, everywhere i go it’s playing, started to get annoying.

I miss normal music, music like this.

But i guess i just got old, kind of soon, i’m 24 but it seems i did.

“I LOVE 90” That is my point. There was bad music in the 90s too. You don’t hate PSY, you hate the present. :) Tell me what music of today you like.

590 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
CodeSwift says

“I LOVE 90” That is my point. There was bad music in the 90s too. You don’t hate PSY, you hate the present. :) Tell me what music of today you like.

I spent 5 minutes trying to remember some new song i listened to but can’t think of any.

When i work i listen to Mozart, Vivaldi and the rest of the fellas. :) Keeps me focused and calm. But makes me sleepy after a few hours.

When i really want to listen to some song i listen to compilations like from the link in the previous reply or something like that. Few days ago i stumbled upon a a few nice songs from early 2000’s like this.

Update

Actually i like songs like this. What type of music is that?

1411 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+7 more
Stylius says

Few days ago i stumbled upon a a few nice songs from early 2000’s like this.

Aserejé ja de je de jebe tu de jebere seibiunouva majavi an de bugui an de güididípi!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujftc_yEPe4

Good old memories!! :D

EDIT: PEZFLASH, have you ever danced to this song? :D I’m sure you have. ;)

138 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
x4er0 says

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0 Hello! Have you seen this video? I think humanity begins to forget the true talented singers, musicians and more people are exposed to such songs here so confusing and not logical. What is your opinion?
I don’t understand phenomenon of this song.. but sometimes this same happens with some themes, just don’t know why they have so many sales.
590 posts
+5 more
CodeSwift says

Few days ago i stumbled upon a a few nice songs from early 2000’s like this.

Aserejé ja de je de jebe tu de jebere seibiunouva majavi an de bugui an de güididípi!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujftc_yEPe4 Good old memories!! :D

Haha :) Do you remember this and this? Ahhh, such wonderful memories…

SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts Threads Started
369 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
SnoopyIndustries says

@WpScientist – If you find a way not to live on this planet anymore I’m in! Nowadays, if you’re either a fat weird looking idiot/ a very good looking guy or a very hot girl and make a retarded song with 3 words and the dance you learned last year when you visited the monkey resort, you’re bound to be successful. Look at the top few songs from youtube music category and you’ll see what I mean. The secret to be successful nowadays in music is to make a song with less than 5 different words. ( Umbrella, Gangnam style, Rude Boy, etc…)

This is music…:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx2u5uUu3DE

among with those posted by you and many others, all of them launched basically before everybody went dumn around 2000.

Adele is one of the few remaining which actually make music. Why listen to music with 3 words when there’s always a goodish piece of house if you like to feel like you’re being brainwashed?!...

324 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
NikolaSusa says

I like some j-pop/k-pop but this is just annoying..

590 posts
+5 more
CodeSwift says

@am_themes

Haha :)

I agree completely.

Youtube and all the “social” networks are the problem. If they see a video of a fat asian guy doing some weird dance (Gangnam Style) they’ll start sharing on those networks and it becomes popular.

I’m sure there are a lot of awesome songs but they can’t get the exposure from all the crap that gets viral.

590 posts
+5 more
CodeSwift says

I like some j-pop/k-pop but this is just annoying..

Our music isn’t much better either. Stupid MC Stojan, Gazda Paja i kompanija. And the Grand crap, daaamn.

19 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Czech Republic
+2 more
PrvyLukas says
You don’t hate PSY, you hate the present.

I also think that Gangnam is crap and I definitely like the present music at the same time ;-) I admit that everyone may have different tastes, but on Gangnam style I don’t see anything special. Under the term “present music” everyone can imagine something else, here is some present music whitch I personally think should have a billion views: Of celestial – Immortal gold idol, Obscura – Anticosmic overload, The faceless – Akeldama, etc, etc, etc.

by
by
by
by
by
by