1703 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

I understand your point, but is it harming users in any way? It’s not. If you don’t like it just don’t watch it, you can always have your own opinion.

The reason why the Google + Youtube engine does this is because serves a big purpose: to kill culture and to get dumb even worse. Brainwash basically. If you had the chance to hear some good old 80s or even 90s, that is I think a piece of something, if not you are lost.

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

I understand your point, but is it harming users in any way? It’s not. If you don’t like it just don’t watch it, you can always have your own opinion.
The reason why the Google + Youtube engine does this is because serves a big purpose: to kill culture and to get dumb even worse. Brainwash basically. If you had the chance to hear some good old 80s or even 90s, that is I think a piece of something, if not you are lost.

Who says gangnam style replaces good music? You are too dramatic about an innocent silly song… :)
There is music you can listen & enjoy in private and there is gangnam style, a silly thing probably designed to become a viral.

6025 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

This is not my exact point. I was pointing the “randomness of popularity” introduced by youtube – not necessarily to point it as their intentional act. Avalanche of popularity – means technically less efficient system. Not a problem due to viewers or content! :)

1741 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

Some people seem to take it too seriously. Gangnam Style might sound dumb to you but it’s not any harmful at all and whatever happened, it’s just a part of history. It might sound inconvenient to you but I think that the number 1 position on YouTube of this song actually reflect what most of people are listening to nowadays. From time to time, popular music taste changes, and I don’t have any reason to hate it. 1 billion views does not mean 1 billion people love it, and obviously not because it’s the best music over the world.

128 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Russian Federation
+1 more
EvgenyEmelyanov says

Guys! It’s simple. Gangnam style is dumb and ordinary song. Almost every other can make such song. You should understand that Gangnam Style is 1% – MUSIC and 99% – FUNNY SHOW WITH FUN DANCING

36 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
Jaegers says

Pop music never made sense. I don’t know crazy hits of 80’s, but I remember Coco Jambo and Macarena from the late 90’s.. Was it good music? =)

1556 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
SoundFix says

Guys! It’s simple. Gangnam style is dumb and ordinary song. Almost every other can make such song. You should understand that Gangnam Style is 1% – MUSIC and 99% – FUNNY SHOW WITH FUN DANCING

hahaha. Almost every other can make such a song? That is 100% untrue. I wish I could write/record/produce a hit like that!

1567 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
AndrVlad says

hahaha. Almost every other can make such a song? That is 100% untrue. I wish I could write/record/produce a hit like that!

+1

Simple hit is hardest thing to do. I seen this video few month ago on the plane during the flight. I didnĀ“t know how popular it is but i liked.

Best regards Andrey

1741 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

Pop music never made sense. I don’t know crazy hits of 80’s, but I remember Coco Jambo and Macarena from the late 90’s.. Was it good music? =)

nice example =)

215 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+3 more
KBRmedia says

Honestly, I saw this video on the Youtube frontpage for several weeks and never clicked it once. But one day my gf asked me to listen to it and I instantaneously felt with it. The beat is very catchy, although I don’t have a clue as what he is saying.

by
by
by
by
by
by