529 posts uouapps
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
uouapps says

Helpspot is fantastic if you can stomach the cost.

Hi thanks mate, this helpspot look great, we’ll try it out and might inspire us for the one we’re building… Cheers UOU Apps

529 posts uouapps
+3 more
uouapps says

@uouapps I’m always looking at ways to improve my ticketing system so if you have any suggestions or a list of features you like/don’t like feel free to post them.

Hi Dtbaker,

your ticketing system is a really great tool as a complete Client Management System.

If an author on themeforest is interested in a having a simple ticket system with KB then i’m pretty sure he/she will look for something with a much simpler interface (at the end it needs to be really simply to use by the buyer who opens tickets)

that’s my pov, maybe others have a different one but based on all the different ticket systems mentionned in this thread you can realize how user-friendly the interface is.

Cheers UOU Apps

529 posts uouapps
+3 more
uouapps says

Hey guys! I am currently using Ticksy as my ticketing system, but it is on a decline, so I am looking to switch onto something else. Does anyone know of a similar system, which integrates with Envato, and where the tickets would be publicly available for other users to see, just like on Ticksy, http://onioneye.ticksy.com/? Thanks!

Based on the previous comments we decided that we will be creating one in less than 2 month… :)

59 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
ProteusThemes says

Based on the previous comments we decided that we will be creating one in less than 2 month… :)

Any update on this? :)

529 posts uouapps
+3 more
uouapps says

Hi,

Thanks for your follow-up,

Instead of only creating a ticket support we started 3 month ago creating a DG CRM, yesterday we finalized the first milestone, next milestone will be the ticket support system but we will be offering it via a SaaS approach not as a theme on themeforest.

if you’re looking for a ticket support system integrated with envato api I would recommend you this one: http://themeforest.net/item/supportx-envato-api-enabled-support-forum/6524882 or by using ticksy, it’s not bad

Cheers UOU

59 posts
+3 more
ProteusThemes says

I don’t believe you can provide good support using the WordPress theme.

And we are already using ticksy. It is bad, sadly.

So this week we are moving to the zendesk.

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
netking86 says

Hi,

Thanks for your follow-up,

Instead of only creating a ticket support we started 3 month ago creating a DG CRM, yesterday we finalized the first milestone, next milestone will be the ticket support system but we will be offering it via a SaaS approach not as a theme on themeforest.

if you’re looking for a ticket support system integrated with envato api I would recommend you this one: http://themeforest.net/item/supportx-envato-api-enabled-support-forum/6524882 or by using ticksy, it’s not bad

Cheers UOU

Hello,

I'm interested. I bought SupportX. It's great but it haven't email piping. Where can I get info about your Saas help desk?

Thanks

377 posts
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
pixelgrade says

A word of advice, don’t cheap out on support systems. You will regret it later. Go for reliability and ease of use. It’s just not worth it to save 10-30 dollars a month.

16 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
luvthemes says

We are using ZenDesk. It’s a great software with many benefits, but a great forum has pros too with the searchable content. You can save time with both.

59 posts
+3 more
ProteusThemes says

Zendesk is really amazing piece of software, I cannot argue with that. I switched to it and we are satisfied with it.

But the problem is that it is not what we, Envato authors, need. At least not all of it.

We would need something that works pretty much the same as Zendesk, but it is very straightforward to setup and use. Most of the features there are a huge bloat and it really takes time to setup everything. Plus there is no integration with Envato. They have the APIs, but as far as I checked it will not allow to simply implement the purchases code checking.

So based on the terrible experience with the Ticksy and not-so-terrible-but-i-can-do-it-better experience from Zendesk I am developing a realtime nodejs app that takes best from the both spheres and that I believe will be the ultimate tool (not just for support) for Envato authors, at beginning especially for the ThemeForest as I am scratching my own itch :)

Some features that are already implemented or in-progress:

• trully realtime experience, no more browser refreshing, something like Zendesk is – or even closer to Trello boards (which I am huge fajn of)
  • editing in Markdown, both for clients and agents
  • option to verify the ticket AND optionally kind of ‘punishment’ for the clients who don’t verify, like the unverified tickets will be shown with 3 days delay to answer (to softly force the verification)
  • all tickets are public, with optional (limited in characters) field for sensitive data like wp of ftp access
  • very very powerful search
  • all categories automatically synced with your items via Envato API
  • automatically created tickets from the comments on the themeforest (author will just click to create a ticket and paste back on original comment on themeforest the link to asnwer)
  • profiles with signatures
  • internal comments for correspondence among support agents that are visible only to agents
  • knowledge base
  • auto-suggested answers when wiring ticket from the knowledge base
  • macros for agents

This is planned for v1.0.0. But there is more than just support system in plan. What I also have in plan to add to the system is:

• automated system for split the earnings based on % per each item when working in teams
  • keyboard shortcuts
  • dropbox integration (like Trello)
  • inside-ticket invoices – when the client will ask for customization, the agent will be able to create the invoice on-the-fly with link sent to client to pay it (Stripe | PayPal | ...)
  • voting system for the features in products – the clients can suggest the features for the items (moderated by admin) and with the voteups the other clients can vote for the next features implemented – very powerful for the authors to see what is most desired in the items
  • social engagement – suggest client to tweet/like about your brand when the ticket is successfully closed
  • automatic replies to email out of the predefined working hours
  • optionally paid support for example after 6 months after the purchase of the item (we cannot provide forever free support for $40 a piece)
  • option to import/export in standard formats the whole DB of ticket and KB articles – if you find a better solution elsewhere or something happens to me or the project, I don’t want you to lock in our software

I would love to hear your thoughts about this.

I am not sure yet if that will be opensource project or SaaS. Maybe both. At least I think that for 1 user it will be free, for more it will be paid. Or something like Ghost, free if you want to host it yourself, paid for SaaS.

I have the first VERY alpha release online already, everybody interested in for being alpha/beta testers, let me know somehow!

Alpha version works already, but very few things are implemented already, and there is no design applied to it and no UX done for better usability :)

But if there will be huge demand for the app and that would somehow pay for itself, I could speed up development.

(As you can see from when this post is pusblished) for now I am spending some Saturdays developing this system, but if you guys are prepared to somehow ‘fund’ me or provide some kind of assurance that would be prepared to pay (and how much) for this kind of ultimate solution, I can devote more time to it.

by
by
by
by
by
by