844 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
PhilLarson says
Sophonic makes several good points. Among his best is this:

I would never be able to release 3 or more tracks a week like some authors. For me it is impossible, besides taking time with my music, I have job plus 2 kids and wife.

If you have the time (like I do), take it. If you don’t, don’t. Most importantly, family comes first. Always.

396 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
BigBouncyBright says

Thank you guys for support. I work in my usual mode (just can’t faster), don’t looking for quantity. May be I should increase the saturation of my compositions. The words about commercial success and long run it’s good… but what about your sales at recent period? Are they also low, or it’s only my black stripe?

584 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
Sophonic says

Thank you guys for support. I work in my usual mode (just can’t faster), don’t looking for quantity. May be I should increase the saturation of my compositions. The words about commercial success and long run it’s good… but what about your sales at recent period? Are they also low, or it’s only my black stripe?

My sales are right on target if not better than the past which is the goal. Only thanks to a few recent uploads and promotion of older tracks.

779 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
StudioEtude says

If you have the time (like I do), take it. If you don’t, don’t. Most importantly, family comes first. Always.

+100

667 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
Blinn says

I would recommend that you watch Marie Forleo’s online show. She gives some awesome tips and advice for both small businesses and for real life problems. She’s helped me a lot and maybe she can help you get back on track with your sales, too. :)

55 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Ukraine
Eirendin says

Hi Alex, I read your post reminded himself. I came here in January 2012 and my first tracks were rejected but two months later something happened which I could not expect neka my first track is the last frontier, and took a few minutes later bought at that time I was genuinely surprised because I thought that my music is just a nobody not need further in May, I released another track. the dream, and also after some time it was purchased before I started writing more and more rapidly, not all tracks have been tested from the truth but still now I have 15 sales and the last 4 of my tracks for the past month, no one never bought I thought that might have been I write bad music but then looked at the last which was shown in one of the topics and saw a very large drop in sales in July and then calmed down because this situation is not only me but everyone else. except possibly for top authors. so do not worry, I think that soon everything will go up and sale. You can only lived luck and patience to write new songs)))

396 posts
+1 more
BigBouncyBright says

Hi Alex, I read your post reminded himself. I came here in January 2012 and my first tracks were rejected but two months later something happened which I could not expect neka my first track is the last frontier, and took a few minutes later bought at that time I was genuinely surprised because I thought that my music is just a nobody not need further in May, I released another track. the dream, and also after some time it was purchased before I started writing more and more rapidly, not all tracks have been tested from the truth but still now I have 15 sales and the last 4 of my tracks for the past month, no one never bought I thought that might have been I write bad music but then looked at the last which was shown in one of the topics and saw a very large drop in sales in July and then calmed down because this situation is not only me but everyone else. except possibly for top authors. so do not worry, I think that soon everything will go up and sale. You can only lived luck and patience to write new songs)))
Thanks, Eirendin for kind words and your story, hope sales will come back soon ;) Wish good luck for you too, and good sales for each AJ author!
606 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
TortoiseTree says

I was talking to Allegro120 in another forum discussion and he was saying that he pretty much sweated it out and gave it his all from day one. So his account is a beautiful example of where you can get if you have the musical chops, you combine that with good branding and html skills then you give it your all (he’s nearly ranked in the top 100 and I’m confident he will get there in no time!). In a crazy sense it proves that AudioJungle is NOT about luck but it’s a real honest marketplace where only the strongest survive.

591 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
+2 more
tacoMusic says

Hey TT,

I agree with that, but even more that it’s about tailoring your product to market demand. Allegro120 is excellent at orchestral tracks and I’m sure that clients love his / her / their work because Allegro120 pops up in their mind when they’re looking for those kind of things.

I’m coming round to the fact that, working on your sound in a particularly niche is the only way to really build a solid following in library work.

606 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
TortoiseTree says

Hey Taco, good to see you again on the forums! I absolutely agree with the niche sound thing, each composer here has a particular sound and once you get your clients wanting that sound and knowing that they need to turn to you to get it then you’re in the money. As someone who has yet to really find their niche I can see why other composers have more sales than my account does….

by
by
by
by
by
by