8 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in United Kingdom
Panicdots says

I really wish every other Wordpress portfolio theme wasn’t exactly like the other.

622 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+5 more
Pirenko says

I understand your comment, but if your only problem is the parallax effect I think most of the theme allow you to turn it off. Let me just add that we authors are here mostly to make money and sometimes we are tempted to follow some trends.
Nevertheless, some of us also try to make different stuff, but most of the times sales can be a bit disappointing. I released a one page theme last week and I tried to make something a bit different and much more versatile than most of the one pagers. Sales are way below my expectations and I can’t find a valid reason so maybe I should have just sticked with the “1 page Parallax” that you said :S

8 posts
Panicdots says

Yeah, I understand that. As soon as a trend comes then you authors gotta get on that to make some money. I just think Themeforest accepts them instead of saying “No thanks, we’ve too many” Clicking around for ages seeing the same themes just rehashed gets annoying as a buyer.

That being said, i’ve no idea what how the process of how accepting themes works, but i do know that nobody is owed a living and to be successful as an author you need to be creative and ahead of trends or setting them.

622 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+5 more
Pirenko says

Actually at this moment reviewers are already saying “No thanks, we’ve too many” which forces authors to try and find alternative solutions for multiple sections of the theme. In general, getting a theme approved is now harder than a couple of months ago and this is good for everyone.

8 posts
Panicdots says

Yeah, well that makes sense. -nice portfolio btw.

by
by
by
by
by
by