271 posts The Dominant One
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
wptitans says

Yes that’s right, one buyer actually gave one of our themes a one star after hey had received our auto responder for the second time.

For the second time? Yes, because hey had send us an email from two different email addresses :S.

After receiving the first question we replied to him within 30 minutes with an answer to his problem. Then hey replied from a different email address and hey received the auto responder again.

And then hey replied that hey had given us a one star because of receiving this auto responder.

We do have to say that this rating system is best we’ve ever seen, and it’s really helping us authors really good after certain buyers rate a item one star because of such ridiculous things.

2215 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
crozer says

That sucks. But who’s hey, by the way? Rhymes huh? :D

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
PixelBin says

Envato firmly believes there are more important things to work on at the present moment.

Don’t worry about it. Just don’t give him support now, no matter what they say.

701 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
chrismccoy says

1 customer out of so many sales you have had, i wouldnt get down about it ;)

548 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
tonvie says
AlexPascal said
Envato firmly believes there are more important things to work on at the present moment. Don’t worry about it. Just don’t give him support now, no matter what they say.

Or, you could do the adult thing and be the bigger man and go out of your way to be nice to them/him/her. That’s the better way IMHO to make someone feel shame. It worked on me.

Listen, the second theme I ever bought was a Kriesi theme…I gave it 1 star because I was a noob retard and didn’t know what the hell I was doing. Kriesi still treated me better than I deserved afterwards. Now I buy just about anything Kriesi releases and give ‘em 5 stars before even installing them.

5904 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

The first thought comes to my mind is: What message the auto responder conveys? Make sure it doesn’t stirs buyer chemicals :P

328 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CLINE123 says
tonvie said
Or, you could do the adult thing and be the bigger man and go out of your way to be nice to them/him/her. That’s the better way IMHO to make someone feel shame. It worked on me. Listen, the second theme I ever bought was a Kriesi theme…I gave it 1 star because I was a noob retard and didn’t know what the hell I was doing. Kriesi still treated me better than I deserved afterwards. Now I buy just about anything Kriesi releases and give ‘em 5 stars before even installing them.

I don’t know Tonvie, that will be really hard for some authors to do. Having gone through the noob rite of passage myself- which includes uploading the entire theme zip folder- I’m curious about the percentage of buyers on TF who are actually on that path of a learning curve buying multiple themes as opposed to the one-off buyers who perhaps are thrown into the deep end of the pool by the companies they work for.

My point being that it’s a catch 22 situation as authors would never really know if it would be worth their while. Again the rating system issue is raised. Though I know it’s flawed, I still factor it in when I’m weighing a theme. Again, anything less than 4 stars never get purchased regardless of the comments. Over to you Envato…

271 posts The Dominant One
+5 more
wptitans says
tonvie said
AlexPascal said
Envato firmly believes there are more important things to work on at the present moment. Don’t worry about it. Just don’t give him support now, no matter what they say.

Or, you could do the adult thing and be the bigger man and go out of your way to be nice to them/him/her. That’s the better way IMHO to make someone feel shame. It worked on me.

Listen, the second theme I ever bought was a Kriesi theme…I gave it 1 star because I was a noob retard and didn’t know what the hell I was doing. Kriesi still treated me better than I deserved afterwards. Now I buy just about anything Kriesi releases and give ‘em 5 stars before even installing them.

It is a standard auto responder :P , we had responded politely but he reached the end conclusion pretty quickly. If he had waited a little more we could have helped them. We deal with a lot of support on a daily base and we are able to reply within 48 hours, sometimes a little later but they are very respectful and awesome. When this happens we feel quite disappointed.

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
PixelBin says
wptitans said
When this happens we feel quite disappointed.

Rightly so. Buyers like this shouldn’t be rewarded with support and politeness after they potentially ruin an item’s rating because they think they’re hot sh*t and can’t wait a couple hours.

398 posts I <3 WordPress
  • Located in United States
  • Won a competition
+9 more
BoxyStudio says
wptitans said
It is a standard auto responder :P , we had responded politely but he reached the end conclusion pretty quickly. If he had waited a little more we could have helped them. We deal with a lot of support on a daily base and we are able to reply within 48 hours, sometimes a little later but they are very respectful and awesome. When this happens we feel quite disappointed.

I’m actually interested in knowing how you’ve set up your auto-responder. Does it send an email when they purchase like the standard Envato one does? Do share!

by
by
by
by
by
by