2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

You could do what some authors do around here and that is gunk up your admin panel with all kinds of self promotional stuff thus ensuring no one ever forgets your name…. ...of course for me that ensures I’ll never buy another theme from that author again ;)

What if it does, but it gives you Theme Options to add your own logo and background image etc?

332 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CLINE123 says

The way authors go about reacting to these kind of buyers determine their longevity in TF imo. Many of the negative comments are by frustrated Wordpress newbies targeting the theme instead of their inexperience.

I try to make earnest attempts to solve my issue from the comments and documentation before I post a question, but sometimes I may miss it in the documentation, it can happen to anyone who is human. I wouldn’t want an author biting off my head telling me I’m an idiot. I chose his theme over hundreds of others, meet me halfway at least.

356 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+4 more
FutureSight says

The way authors go about reacting to these kind of buyers determine their longevity in TF imo. Many of the negative comments are by frustrated Wordpress newbies targeting the theme instead of their inexperience.

True story… :|

3256 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says

The way authors go about reacting to these kind of buyers determine their longevity in TF imo. Many of the negative comments are by frustrated Wordpress newbies targeting the theme instead of their inexperience. I try to make earnest attempts to solve my issue from the comments and documentation before I post a question, but sometimes I may miss it in the documentation, it can happen to anyone who is human. I wouldn’t want an author biting off my head telling me I’m an idiot. I chose his theme over hundreds of others, meet me halfway at least.

No you misunderstand :) You can ask 1000 question, don’t read the docs, etc… but if you are gentle and nice we have no problems helping you. What usually we hate are buyers that want help and and ask for it like they own you… do you understand what I mean?

Cheers :)

332 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CLINE123 says

No you misunderstand :) You can ask 1000 question, don’t read the docs, etc… but if you are gentle and nice we have no problems helping you. What usually we hate are buyers that want help and and ask for it like they own you… do you understand what I mean?

I agree with you and I look at the author’s reaction in the comments before I buy. If he’s understanding and patient I’ll buy his theme. I always ask nicely and if he reciprocates then he gets a loyal customer who’ll continue buying his themes while recommending him to others.

356 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+4 more
FutureSight says

The way authors go about reacting to these kind of buyers determine their longevity in TF imo. Many of the negative comments are by frustrated Wordpress newbies targeting the theme instead of their inexperience. I try to make earnest attempts to solve my issue from the comments and documentation before I post a question, but sometimes I may miss it in the documentation, it can happen to anyone who is human. I wouldn’t want an author biting off my head telling me I’m an idiot. I chose his theme over hundreds of others, meet me halfway at least.

Cheers :)

I do :)

by
by
by
by
by
by