2182 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+14 more
mpc Volunteer moderator says

Hi, I just noticed DS posted new 10 pack of Banner Rotators, cool thing but I was wondering if you buy it with a standard license you are able to use it in one project, so you buy 10 for example banner rotator and you can use them only in one project :/ If this is correct the license is sick!

107 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
potenzzza says

I also noticed that … It is not clear.

4602 posts Love & Light
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

well like the preloader packs, template packs etc with the standalone license you can use each item in the pack once, highly unlikely you going to use all the different preloaders / banners in the pack in one use anyway.

3256 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says
well like the preloader packs, template packs etc with the standalone license you can use each item in the pack once, highly unlikely you going to use 10 different preloaders / banners in one use anyway.

Well, we all know that this is not a written rule, but something like a “gentlemen agreement”... they should provide a regular license for bundles. Also because, if you can use every item once then the bundle should cost more… a 60% discount is very very large (your bundle contains also very new products, so we cannot talk about end season sales).

I’m sure that if you get good sales then everybody will start to bundle things… to keep the prices down…

In this way it’s like they’ve priced a single banner 4$... the cost of a preloader… not fair if you think that there are banner rotators that have been priced 20$.

2182 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
+14 more
mpc Volunteer moderator says
well like the preloader packs, template packs etc with the standalone license you can use each item in the pack once, highly unlikely you going to use all the different preloaders / banners in the pack in one use anyway.

ok if you can use every item once it makes sens ;)

4602 posts Love & Light
+8 more
digitalscience says
well like the preloader packs, template packs etc with the standalone license you can use each item in the pack once, highly unlikely you going to use 10 different preloaders / banners in one use anyway.
Well, we all know that this is not a written rule, but something like a “gentlemen agreement”... they should provide a regular license for bundles.

Well a pack / bundle is a collection of files, not a file itself. So each item in the bundle/pack should be treated as it’s own item with it’s own usage limits depending on what license was purchased for the bundle/pack.

3256 posts
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says
Well, we all know that this is not a written rule, but something like a “gentlemen agreement”... they should provide a regular license for bundles.
Well a pack / bundle is a collection of files, not a file itself. So each item in the bundle/pack should be treated as it’s own item with it’s own usage limits depending on what license was purchased for the bundle/pack.

I know, but it’s not clearly regulated… I was saying just that ;-)

2671 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

I’m not very happy about these bundles, they massively undercut everyone trying to sell files normally.

I think it could start a race to the bottom. Just like on other stock sites where authors are giving away every present and future file for a little as $100.. not good in the long term.

4602 posts Love & Light
+8 more
digitalscience says
In this way it’s like they’ve priced a single banner 4$... the cost of a preloader… not fair if you think that there are banner rotators that have been priced 20$.

Well it’s the same with site templates, you get all those components for just $40 and if it was composed of say 10 different sections, they’d be going for $4 each, pretty much the same concept as the bundle pack. Bundle packs are nothing new, there’s 4 pack website template, 10 – 30 preloader pack, I just think I might be the first to make a banner rotator pack.. so it might raise some eyebrows but I’ve done nothing wrong, you just didn’t think of it first or you don’t have 10 banner rotators to put into one pack ;)

3256 posts
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says
Well it’s the same with site templates, you get all those components for just $40 and if it was composed of say 10 different sections, they’d be going for $4 each, pretty much the same concept as the bundle pack. Bundle packs are nothing new, there’s 4 pack website template, 10 – 30 preloader pack, I just think I might be the first to make a banner rotator pack.. so it might raise some eyebrows but I’ve done nothing wrong, you just didn’t think of it first or you don’t have 10 banner rotators to put into one pack ;)

Hey DS, I’m not against your bundle or any of them… I just have doubts about the prices.

The template thing is different, because the modules are part of a single product and they are used all together into the same project… it’s not allowed to buy a template and split it into two parts and use them into two projects… the template is one file and it should be used one time…

Don’t take it personally, because it isn’t…

As you’ve said you are the first author offering this kind of bundle, so it’s normal that when something new comes out we discuss the pros and cons…

by
by
by
by
by
by