1424 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

The question here is if this slip was deliberate or accidental, they say accidental but I do not think so.

121 posts
    Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
Rameau says

Hmm, interesting. This may go far… way too far actually. Are some of you guys going to leave the marketplaces just because WooThemes have more privileges than you?

619 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
ChapterThemes says

The question here is if this slip was deliberate or accidental, they say accidental but I do not think so.

Being a marketplace for so long and having reviewer rules for so long it should be impossible to let 30 themes ‘slip through’

619 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
ChapterThemes says

Hmm, interesting. This may go far… way too far actually. Are some of you guys going to leave the marketplaces just because WooThemes have more privileges than you?

Well i’m just getting started and have plans to execute, so i’m not leaving :)

But i sure hope that also the big elites stay and keep active because we all need them since they draw good attention to the marketplace

162 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
anariel7 says

Kriesi +1
+1.Nobody mentioned how much they contribute to the community, Flexslider for example, i am sure someone of you is using it, i am and i am very grateful for that. Don’t be so harsh
I don’t think anybody here is denying the fact that they are great contributors but is that a valid reason to let them upload their themes under different standards/terms while the rest of the authors are “forced” to comply with better standards? I don’t think so but hey, this isn’t my marketplace.

I agree with you totally,this is not at all valid just think that this is more Envato guilty. It’s for sure not fair for other authors. Review system needs to be fair and same for everybody but it isn’t and this is Envato problem

2263 posts Bird is the word..
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says

+1.Nobody mentioned how much they contribute to the community, Flexslider for example, i am sure someone of you is using it, i am and i am very grateful for that. Don’t be so harsh

I don’t really want to get involved in the discussion, but I am actively keeping up to date with all the questions and answers – the above statement however is incorrect -

12 months ago WooThemes bought the rights of the open source flex slider from it’s creator – they did not create it.

They added to it to create V2.0

So it was basically a business deal using money to buy an open source project.

Here’s the link:

http://www.woothemes.com/2012/03/woothemes-flexslider-sitting-in-a-tree/

I will say I have no issues with Woo being here at all – I think it just goes to show that a marketplace like ThemeForest pushes the boundaries of what can be done with WordPress a lot faster than a closed single market place such as the larger theme shops.

Thanks

Jonathan

162 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
anariel7 says

I don’t really want to get involved in the discussion, but I am actively keeping up to date with all the questions and answers – the above statement however is incorrect -

12 months ago WooThemes bought the rights of the open source flex slider from it’s creator – they did not create it.

They added to it to create V2.0

So it was basically a business deal using money to buy an open source project.

Here’s the link:

http://www.woothemes.com/2012/03/woothemes-flexslider-sitting-in-a-tree/

I will say I have no issues with Woo being here at all – I think it just goes to show that a marketplace like ThemeForest pushes the boundaries of what can be done with WordPress a lot faster than a closed single market place such as the larger theme shops.

Thanks

Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan for correcting my mistake, my bad ;). I just think that this is more Envato mistake

2263 posts Bird is the word..
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says

No problem Ana – just wanted to make sure people knew :)

162 posts
+3 more
anariel7 says

No problem Ana – just wanted to make sure people knew :)

+1 thanks,i didn’t knew this, i want comment further ;). Cheers to all

5875 posts
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Also we need to consider that an usual TF buyer doesn’t going to show interest on GPL – it is nothing different.
Regular/Extended = single use restriction, GPL = no such thing.

There is less chance for a buyer to find single theme that fits for 3+ consequent website projects. Any regular buyer on TF wont feel ease with tinkering single design to fit multiple websites; while they can just find most matching one for another 30-50 dollars.

But for plugins, the multi use possibility is very high (ex: menus, sliders etc). And also invested time on researching a plugin features/options/compatibility testing going to be utilized for future works for sure. I pointed from that perspective.

by
by
by
by
by
by