• Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
aeroalquimia says
20% of the files have had ZERO sales…

35% of the files have had 1 sale…

75% of the files have had 10 or fewer sales…

and only about 13% of files have 20 or more sales [..]

Is the aPareto principle

308 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
BrianCoyDesign says

The larger question is what kind of marketplace is Graphic River. Stock images are low sellers in the marketplace and yes there are some items which will never sell, not because they are of bad quality but because most of the best sellers are assets for building websites, business cards and other items that freelancers would purchase.

I don’t think that stock images are the issue. I agree maybe these items should be isolated to a section devoted to stock imagery.

I’d also agree if something isn’t selling for a period of time it should be reduced in price and eventually removed. I’d propose that it be based on last sale. Basically if you haven’t sold anything in X amount of time then you go through the process. This way items that don’t sell are removed sooner and items that haven’t sold in time are also removed.

53 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
InfiniWeb says

also…anyone else think the way the popular files section works is sort of flawed? take for example the glass layer style thats been #1 since last year…as long as it stays #1 people will keep downloading it just because of the constant exposure. It really doesnt give a chance for the other files to make it on top. Maybe i’m just being picky here though.

1173 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Motionreactor says
also…anyone else think the way the popular files section works is sort of flawed? take for example the glass layer style thats been #1 since last year…as long as it stays #1 people will keep downloading it just because of the constant exposure. It really doesnt give a chance for the other files to make it on top. Maybe i’m just being picky here though.

I agree it is problematic, part of the solution I think is to have another tab which highlights ‘hot new products / fast movers’. Balancing all these things is very tricky. This is somewhat of a side discussion though.

659 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
luckykind says
I agree it is problematic, part of the solution I think is to have another tab which highlights ‘hot new products / fast movers’. Balancing all these things is very tricky. This is somewhat of a side discussion though.

Yeah… I started a discussion on this a few months back… http://graphicriver.net/forums/thread/show-popular-items-page-improvement/18571

by
by
by
by
by
by