345 posts PremiumLayers.com
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
PremiumLayers says

I am a customer of 1&1. After reading your story I will change that. Unbelievable!

After another conversation with support and deleting one of the websites hosted there we were eventually be able to bring it back today. But still, if they were constructive from the beginning, there wouldn’t be so much frustration.

+4 more
PremiumLayers says

Use A Small Orange: https://asmallorange.com/

It’s great and you can purchase a Cloud VPS server starting from $30 with free cPanel included. Great speed, incredibly awesome support and low downtime. I host my themes with them from a almost a year now and i’m pretty happy and satisfied about everything.

It’s not unlimited traffic though :D ..as you experienced, there are no such things..

Thanks so much for the info, Ruben. It’s always better to pay some $100 more and be sure you won’t get unexpected surprises than pay less and come up with such an unexpected situation where loses might be much more.

+4 more
PremiumLayers says

I know there are lots of theme authors and users around who might use one of the shared hosting packages of 1&1 and I’d like to share our ultra-negative experience with this hosting provider as I believe it might help some people to refrain making the same mistake we did. Now the story – we have been customers of 1&1 since 2009 and lots of our themes is hosted there. Today we are receiving an e-mail stating that our account has been suspended because of high traffic activity. No precaution before that, absolutely nothing, and only an e-mail with the awesome news that they are closing us. Talking to the customer service was just a waist of time – it’s as bad as their service. They literally told that they are not going to reactivate the account even for a day and we can feel free to initiate any lawsuit case. If you go to their shared hosting packages page, it’s clearly mentioned “Unlimited traffic” as one of the features. Turns out everything’s not as simple. In the contract there’s a “Usage abuse” point where it’s stated about resources limit used. Now we feel like a victim of false advertisement and it will take lots of time and resources to take the themes we have there to another, more professional hosting. Having this said, I’d highly recommend either to refrain from using the services of a company with such non-professional approach or make such points clear before buying a package or you risk to go through all the frustration and depressive experience like we did.
Sorry to hear that you’re having an unbelievably negative experience.
This is frustrating.
And they did this even without a warning?
REJECTED!

I hope you “fix” things as soon as possible.
Wish you the best of luck, and thanks very much for sharing your experience.
It is so hard to understand that those “so called” companies don’t know the importance of “mouth to mouth advertising”.
Now, who buys a hosting package from that company after reading this thread?
The behavior of those “companies” are really hard to understand.

Thanks for your support, Bedros! We were able to bring it back today, after another conversation with support but still closing a business like this without a single prior notice is just unacceptable. P.S. Cheers from Armenia! :)

+4 more
PremiumLayers says

I’ve had bad experiences with 1&1 before and haven’t used them since, I can’t say my experience with GoDaddy was much better though! I use IntoVPS now, but a VPS with them is unmanaged – so if you know a bit about servers, or are up for the challenge of learning about them, it’s a pretty good deal at $10/month :)

As the experience showed, it’s much better to go with a dedicated one and put some time on learning some aspects of servers setup as such skills can be of use for very long time :)

1647 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says

Thanks for your support, Bedros! We were able to bring it back today, after another conversation with support but still closing a business like this without a single prior notice is just unacceptable. P.S. Cheers from Armenia! :)

:)

5629 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

Sorry to hear about your situation. Just to be safe I’m going to lock this thread down as we don’t really want the forums to be used for airing complaints about other companies. Thanks for understanding :)

by
by
by
by
by
by