2 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
wajeez says

Hi,

Been following on latest stats showing that globally, users have been shifting to larger screen resolutions, moving away from the confinements of the 960px grid system.

Yet I did not see any 1218px grid based themes in TF! Did you notice any, and if not, why so?

Do you recommend starting to design themes for this new grid system?

Thanks.

149 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
IulianN says

Yet I did not see any 1218px grid based themes in TF! Did you notice any, and if not, why so?

My first 3 themes have 1200px.

362 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
WPWiseOwl says

That might be because that’s not as common a size? 1140px is more common IMO and there are still very few here on TF. If there’s a shift in grid systems (or away from them) I’d imagine it could b to 1140.

2 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
wajeez says

I think it’s because the websites’ owners did not settle their mind yet, whether to go with 1218px or 1140px as you suggested. It won’t be because which is better, it will be because which is used more often, I guess!

ATM , Google has more results for 1218px than 1140px, but then again, the difference is small.

I can’t make up my mind, which wider-than-960px-grid should I use?!

That might be because that’s not as common a size? 1140px is more common IMO and there are still very few here on TF. If there’s a shift in grid systems (or away from them) I’d imagine it could b to 1140.
by
by
by
by
by
by