1128 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
+2 more
TanyDi says

If the sales are A when there is no bundle then the sales are still A when the bundle is up? Or the sales are A + bundle sales?

+1 / I think that it’ll be good if we can read some info about trends of marketplaces, trends of monthly sales and all that jazz. It’s important for all authors like me working full time here. I mean not deep secret info just trends.

6080 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

If the sales are A when there is no bundle then the sales are still A when the bundle is up? Or the sales are A + bundle sales?
+1 / I think that it’ll be good if we can read some info about trends of marketplaces, trends of monthly sales and all that jazz. It’s important for all authors like me working full time here. I mean not deep secret info just trends.

Staff will come and repeat the same: “Yes sir, whenever we run bundles, our sales trend is actually more than A + bundle sales

But only if 3 different staff comes forward and conveys the same, I will believe it. Otherwise… sorry I lost trust due to too many factors (For example, the review process compromise for woothemes/special rate deals). But who am I to ask?

1007 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
3Ddym says

Top banner isn’t display now, right? I don’t see it.
If you close it once, it will stay closed in that particular marketplace / browser.

Ohhh, yeah it still there! at least they should remove that top banner!!

2010 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
bitfade says

Staff will come and repeat the same: “Yes sir, whenever we run bundles, our sales trend is actually more than A + bundle sales
weird how those “sales are good” official posts in AD “omg flash is dying!” forum threads suddenly come to mind.
3180 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Won a competition
+15 more
dtbaker Moderator says

IMHO more time should be spent creating new files than complaining about this awesome marketplace (really, it is awesome, and unlike anything else available).

Sure it could be better (like everything), but you cannot get much better than awesome. Just my 2c

/me goes back back to working on a new theme
5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

I still dont get the maths.

If a bundle is for sale for $20.00

The uthor gets 50% of what ?

Or from all revnue generated , lets say 10,000 sales at $20.00

Envato get $100,000 and Authors share $100 grand amongst themselves ?

314 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
GroovingGecko says

Yes, I believe that’s the case. And then the authors get a share corresponding to the value of their item(s).

A $14 AJ track means 2,57% of 50% of total earnings – already quite a lot of money, and we’re only on day 2.

6080 posts
+8 more
VF says

IMHO more time should be spent creating new files than complaining about this awesome marketplace (really, it is awesome, and unlike anything else available).

Sure it could be better (like everything), but you cannot get much better than awesome. Just my 2c

It depends on how we see the marketplace and content. I see an awesome library here that has many talents invested on items which attracts permanent buyers. You see an awesome selling system that efficiently works to connect content with buyers. We better look from both the point of views simultaneously and avoid praising only one side.

If good items manages to win with deserved exposure, the system wins. If an average item manages to smack a qualified new item by discount/exposure, the system is fail. That’s all the essence of complaint.

I believe there are 1000s of authors working here to create content but only around 4-5 authors are spending their time here to point the issues. Imbalance.

1007 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
3Ddym says

It depends on how we see the marketplace and content. I see an awesome library here that has many talents invested on items which attracts permanent buyers. You see an awesome selling system that efficiently works to connect content with buyers. We better look from both the point of views simultaneously and avoid praising only one side.

If good items manages to win with deserved exposure, the system wins. If an average item manages to smack a qualified new item by discount, the system is fails. That’s all the essence of complaint.

I believe there are 1000s of authors working here to create content but only around 4-5 authors are spending their time here to point the issues. Imbalance.

Totally agree. I see there are some authors here always share their awesome view. But I don’t know why they are silent regarding this.

6080 posts
+8 more
VF says

Totally agree. I see there are some authors here always share their awesome view. But I don’t know why they are silent regarding this.

It takes huge time and effort to converse here, that’s the reason and many things are already spoken here repeatedly – so it is tiresome without particular results. I will also become silent shorty, working on next item with much curiosity – and do not want to delay it further.

by
by
by
by
by
by