6025 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

I will also become silent shorty, working on next item.
lier, you always say that but yet, here we are :P
No, this time I will hide sufficiently long enough to make KingDog to take a fresh breath :P

/breath

:P

To complete things, I just spent some time looking the bundle content. It is actually around $590 worth of items while it advertises $500+. I guess even if the next bundle have $650 worth items still advertising $500+ no one will complain. What is the benefit of that for Envato? here it is:

- More value added so high number of sales.
- The more the ratio goes, Envato’s share stays normal and individual author’s share goes lower.

For example take the earning of $50 item contributor with 10000 sales:
$500 bundle: 20 * 10000 * 0.5 (50/500) = $10000
$590 bundle: 20 * 10000 * 0.5 (50/590) = $8475

However in both the cases, only the authors share goes down but Envato’s share isn’t affected. Advertising $590 worth of items as $500 just points me how lavish/careless the approaches are. The carelessness is what causes ignoring the stability of regular new item’s sale.

@KingDog, Now breath, bye! :)

1741 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

So essentially, its a HUGE deal for Envato, and a poxy deal for Authors
a $45 theme may have already made $3227 in just 2 days. nothing poxy there :P

Yeah and don’t forget that you don’t have to provide support for bundle sales :)

844 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
PhilLarson says

I will also become silent shorty, working on next item.
lier, you always say that but yet, here we are :P
No, this time I will hide sufficiently long enough to make KingDog to take a fresh breath :P

/breath

:P

To complete things, I just spent some time looking the bundle content. It is actually around $590 worth of items while it advertises $500+. I guess even if the next bundle have $650 worth items still advertising $500+ no one will complain. What is the benefit of that for Envato? here it is:

- More value added so high number of sales.
- The more the ratio goes, Envato’s share stays normal and individual author’s share goes lower.

For example take the earning of $50 item contributor with 10000 sales:
$500 bundle: 20 * 10000 * 0.5 (50/500) = $10000
$590 bundle: 20 * 10000 * 0.5 (50/590) = $8475

However in both the cases, only the authors share goes down but Envato’s share isn’t affected. Advertising $590 worth of items as $500 just points me how lavish/careless the approaches are. The carelessness is what causes ignoring the stability of regular new item’s sale.

@KingDog, Now breath, bye! :)

Come on back, VF, because even though the author share amount is affected negatively, the number of author involvement is affected positively. So, obviously there is a trade-off. Considering the nature of these marketplaces and my personal preferences, I’m all for collaboration and involving more people in the process.

387 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
motionvids says

Aren’t we all just sad that we didn’t make it into the bundles? :winktongue:

I can see the bundle as a legit form of marketing from Envato. Although these bundles potentially bring more customers to the authors featured within the bundle, getting people to pay less than $1 for a product you’ve really worked hard on, can be a bit dissatisfying.

So let’s say a customer purchases this bundle for $20 and gets $590 worth of items. For the customer, it probably feels like buying $590 worth of canned food for the price of $20. I mean this bundle, for the average buyer, will absolutely last for some months and I can’t imagine any buyer would use every single item in this bundle immediately. With that being said I don’t see customers returning on a regular basis after purchasing a bundle.

Now let’s consider a customer does return. And he sees an After Effects Template he would like to purchase is also priced at $20.. then what happens?

Due to these bundles I fear the overall items are really losing value. With the items on the Envato Marketplaces being already the amongst the lowest priced ones out there, what will be the next step? Giving away everything for free?

251 posts Premium Website Design
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+3 more
ThemeFusion says

And each author has a choice to be included in the bundle if their item is chosen, its not a requireemnt. They spell out the details and the author has to choose to do it, they dont have to partake in the awesomeness of a bundle ;)

7604 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

at this rate when I will get invited for a bundle I will earn pretty much nothing.

email from staff:

“Hi Doru,

we want you to include your awesome item in our next bundle. We will call this bundle “The ultimate best awesome bundle! 50000$ value items for just 20$!”

Hope you accept the deal.

PS.

You should accept the deal because the bundle will stay up for 120 days. Is what you earn from the bundle or nothing.

PS PS

Our next bundle will be 500000$ items for 20$. We will contact VF for this one. LOL that will be funny. You should see his face when he will read the invitation. Is why we hacked in his computer and setup a live link with our office.

PS PS PS

just joking, you are not invited in the bundle. ha ha ha ha”

954 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
aleluja says

^ I think I love you :D

193 posts Less is more
  • Has referred 100+ members
+6 more
DesignDistrict says

So essentially, its a HUGE deal for Envato, and a poxy deal for Authors
a $45 theme may have already made $3227 in just 2 days. nothing poxy there :P

+1

5360 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

just joking, you are not invited in the bundle. ha ha ha ha”

Thought it was just me… I get that email every bundle! :D

On a serious note, since taking over Alex has done an excellent job including a wider range of authors than what we were seeing before :)

1190 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+7 more
chiccosinalo says

looks like sales are going pretty good, i wish i was in. :(

by
by
by
by