1741 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

Anyways.. It’s time to lift our heads up! There’s a “A Bright And Hopeful Future” ahead of us! ;)

Heads up and act fast ‘til the next bundle comes, which would be Summer Bundle and in less than 4 weeks from now? LOL :D

3732 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

Anyways.. It’s time to lift our heads up! There’s a “A Bright And Hopeful Future” ahead of us! ;)
Heads up and act fast ‘til the next bundle comes, which would be Summer Bundle and in less than 4 weeks from now? LOL :D

No spring bundle? :(

180 posts Enjoy!
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
XanderRock says

I couldn’t read the all pages but that is true. Bundles effects the sales badly. You can see that easily when you look at the latest items in the Top Sellers. Before bundle you had to sell more than 65 to get into the top sellers. In the bundle week it was as low as 50. You do the math and say bundle does not effect the sales.

I remember back in AD there was a template bundle and AD started to die after that. It’s always too risky to put your high value items into a bundle. You can easily say “I don’t need to purchase items, I can just purchase the bundle and it can get my work running till the next bundle”.

7604 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

edit: nothing :)

1556 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
SoundFix says

The bundle has ended.Let’s wait the results.How long it will take to see them?

7.46358 days

1053 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+5 more
Alexlasek says

@XanderRock:

hope you are wrong man

cheers

180 posts Enjoy!
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
XanderRock says

@XanderRock:

hope you are wrong man

cheers

I don’t think that will happen to the TF. Because wordpress is still very popular and getting more popular each day. With CSS3 and HTML5 Wordpress is staying in it’s place.

But I’m not sure how will that effect to TF. Making a bundle is not a special discount. It’s “unfortunately” a way to say “our item’s real value is this low, but we normally sell it that high and earn more”.

If buyers start to think and complain about the price being “high” (Which I got one in the bundle week) that means the real trouble is coming. Because that means, now buyers are thinking a theme should be priced as $3 a plugin should be priced as $1.5 and so on. And actually I do think prices are too low. Latest tech plugins/apps/themes are here with their source codes.

669 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
Typps says

I don’t think Envato had a choice here at all. There is quite a bit of competition out there and they too were offering bundles and quite aggressively. I know this because I try to keep an eye on what goes on outside this marketplace and one of the largest marketplaces were offering bundles around the same time in exactly the same manner for the exact same period of time, coincidence ?

Same with the recent GPL option. WordPress is marketing the competition with 100% GPL slogans on wordpress.org, hence they probably had no choice but provide the option.

The reality is, if this marketplace wants to maintain it’s dominance, it has to undercut the competition while it still can. Envato’s bundle had more items in it and cost less, so perhaps with this bundle they managed to retain a good portion of users and drive in new users as well. Just food for thought ;)

Ofcourse, this is all speculation but perhaps not so far from the truth.

1619 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says

Price cut is simply giving Morphine to a dying person. Nothing more.
Until Where We will lower the value of our hardwork

6025 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

@Typps, competition is not an excuse for price cut. And competition is not limited to price – I say this with the observation of what buyers/industry expect, not as a philosophy. There are a dozen technical aspects Envato lacks from others (not just theme market but general ecommerce). Better start competing in terms for efficiency rather than start selling kidneys.

by
by
by
by
by
by