38 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
RomanP says

In my understanding “Add 2$ extra fee” is a funny motivation from Envato for buyers. Sound’s like: You can make a deposit or pay via paypall and add 2$.

But the point is that the minimum deposit amount = 20$. You can spend them, but you can’t withdraw them.

Let’s say I’m a customer, my budget = 20$ and I want to purchase Sound file on Audiojungle for 6$

I have 2 ways.

1) Make a deposit = 20$, make a purchase(6$) and have 14$ at residue, which I can spend only on envato marketplaces.

2) Make a purchase via Paypall 8$ but I have 12$ at residue, witch I can spend anywere.

It’s always difficult find a good compromise, But honestly talk I’m 100% agree with Miseld.

This is just my opinion, nothing more.

Best Regards.

Roman

1817 posts Videohive author & moderator
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
Mocarg Moderator says

Can anyone of you responders, show me or give me an web ady where they are charging extra $2 dollars for paypal payment? NONE. If they split the $2 dollars with authors, they should just price it $2 dollars extra.

Also, I am doing volunteer work, I pay out of my own pocket, I do not expect to get a penny in return and I have no complaints at all.

Plus this wasn’t a threat at all… I was simply expressing my opinion as a consumer. There is two sides to token. Try to look at from consumers point of view.

They are not adding 2$ extra for Paypal. The item costs example 27$ but if you buy it with deposited money you’ll get a discount of 2$.

7604 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

They are not adding 2$ extra for Paypal. The item costs example 27$ but if you buy it with deposited money you’ll get a discount of 2$.

I say the same bu envato states:

“You will be redirected to pay $X of credit via PayPal. ( INCLUDES $2 SURCHARGE )”

1285 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

i always just deposit a good amount and make purchases from that, so I’ve never paid a $2 surcharge in buying thousands of things here over the years

24 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
jon_usa says

i always just deposit a good amount and make purchases from that, so I’ve never paid a $2 surcharge

Bottom line; $3 Dollar Timelapse Clock you pay $3 dollars, I paid $5 dollars with Paypal ( which %75 percent more)

I want honest answer… Is that fair ?

1567 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
AndrVlad says

i always just deposit a good amount and make purchases from that, so I’ve never paid a $2 surcharge

Bottom line; $3 Dollar Timelapse Clock you pay $3 dollars, I paid $5 dollars with Paypal ( which %75 percent more)

Why can’t you deposit with paypal?

Best regards, Andrey

7604 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

yes because:

• the author of Timelapse Clock got at least 1$ more from the sale of the item, which is nice when you need to pay for stuff like hardware, software, food, things that allow you to stay in front of the computer to create stuff
  • you have an alternative that give you the possibility to access a very generous discount on each item
by
by
by
by
by
by