• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
reidknorr says

I don’t think these are very popular yet so I doubt there will be many authors spending time in this category (vanilla).

352 posts
al_m473 says

I assume that if they get excellent themes an any subject, they will publish them on this site. I doubt very much that they restrict themes. It is probably more a matter of what gets submitted for approval. If a theme for some of those wanted by others on this site are never submitted, they cannt be evaluated and perhaps approved. Lets see a wider range of themes, I look forward to them

Al

342 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
reidknorr says

Perhaps you missed the point? I was saying its not going to be very profitable for the authors unless they start to see serious sales for this category (which is highly unlikely). Authors would probably much rather spend time making themes for Wordpress or even static html as opposed to this category because this platform isn’t as popular. And yes I understand that Wordpress and Vanilla are completely different and are not related really but I am just saying…

238 posts
  • Poland
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Mastergreed says

I’ve made a theme for Vanilla which is available here on ThemeForest, and it has been sold only 2 times. Another vanilla theme have 3 sales, another one I think 4, and last one 12. Basically, it’s all about Vanilla popularity – which is going down – it’s because Vanilla have no real plans for future and is not being developed further, as long as this won’t change, people won’t be interested in Vanilla “that” much.

As for webs – personally I think templates for Thumblr would be more lucrative – if someone is using free website hosting, why should he pay for a template? :)

505 posts
  • United States
  • Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
CraigSnedeker says

Good point about webs ;) but webs isn’t all free. And people are always asking for so many templates its on high demand.

by
by
by
by
by
by