438 posts here for love
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
nCrafts says

The $200 is indeed too low, but you guys shouldn’t make fun of him
Why not? Isn’t he “making fun on us” either? I would never come to the idea to post a request on the internet where I ask for someone who is cleaning my whole house for 5$. Reality Baby, Reality…Nice try anyway
What do you mean with “Nice try anyway” ?! You should know that not all countries are rich, and in some countries $200 might be a fortune, the only one who should get back to reality is you. No one forces you to design something for $200, and for example, in some countries you can actually call someone to clean your house for $5.

True. Over here you can really get someone to sweep and mop the whole house for $5.

1458 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

The main point here is price dumping… and it is true that in some country’s you can get miracles for 200$ but is not a good thing. I just cannot go under for example that kind of price and if gradually everything goes there I will have to change my job or move there :) So in this way global market is one big sham.

590 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
CodeSwift says

The main point here is price dumping… and it is true that in some country’s you can get miracles for 200$ but is not a good thing. I just cannot go under for example that kind of price and if gradually everything goes there I will have to change my job or move there :) So in this way global market is one big sham.

In my country majority of people earn about $200 – $300 per month.

But that doesn’t mean i’ll be charging $2/h for my services. When i first started charging my web development work it was $30/h, i’m no longer doing client work but i would be charging whatever is currently the normal rate and not base it on salaries in my country.

By the way, what’s the current hourly rate for web development (WordPress development, i don’t like doing anything else)?

1263 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+8 more
Pricop says

Well, $200 is not a good thing in my opinion either, but that doesn’t mean I should make fun of people.

1691 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

Again: $200 for a design?

MODs lock this thread!!

DsignProductions
DsignProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
415 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
DsignProductions says

MODs lock this thread!!
Wait! I just grabbed some popcorn.
372 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
saptarang says

Well, $200 is not a good thing in my opinion either, but that doesn’t mean I should make fun of people.

+1

648 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
Typps says

Seconded. I’m in agreement with Pricop!

One must also consider that if someone is just starting out, it’d make good portfolio material and a decent start. Just because we think our time is worth more doesn’t mean a client is willing to readily pay us as much. All of a sudden, $200 doesn’t look as bad as it is anymore and we’ve gained a client in the process so it may even out that way.

The way I see it, when people want to put money into the marketplace, the least we can do is encourage them vs spit in the plate we eat.

199 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Romania
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
andreyfekete says

Way too little :) $200 is for one or 2 hours of work… but an entire site….............. you need to add some more digits.

what ? surprise Serios? Vorbesti serios? Probabil cand lucrezi pentru Microsoft, Apple… atunci primesti atatia bani…altfel esti un caz pierdut. (Parerea mea!) happy

by
by
by
by
by
by