238 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sweden
dansjostedt says

Hey everyone! So I was talkning to a coder that I actually met here on themeforest and he said that for a psd to a responsive html5 wordpress theme a normal rate would be around 900 EUR..

Not only do I think that is expensive but most of my clients pay me around 150 – 300 EUR for my designs (IF they are coded in responsive html5 and are wordpress adapted).

So I wanted to know if 200 EUR and a 75% profit from the earning that comes in from the design if uploaded here on themeforest would be a fair deal?

Any thoughts on this? I know there has been alot of threads but I want an answer on the 200 EUR + 75% question AND what you think is a fair price for a psd > responsive html wp theme convertion!

1714 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

If you accept 150 euros for PSD to WordPress, you’re either amateur(no offense intended) or you’re extremely underestimating yourself. You’re from Sweden, the clients there have quite some money, the problem is with you, not with the clients. And as for 75% profit, if the template looks good, yes, I’d take it, why not :) but if the developer is not looking for long-term income, he won’t accept even 100%.

And, for a WP theme coded according to the ThemeForest standards, I’d take around $5,000 or more.

You can’t expect the same price when coding templates/themes for one client vs coding templates/themes for ThemeForest, you want someone to code your theme for 300 euros so you can earn thousands in a few months? That ain’t gonna work.

568 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
AlexFjord says

$900 for PSD to WP??? Thats crazy cheap!

You seem to be doing yourself little justice (assuming you know what you are doing) if only charging 150-300!

75% is high but not unrealistic and the $200 is v reasonable.

I am assuming that the developer will run all the support for the theme on here? Thats a lot of work in itself.

1034 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
BenSheppard says

Well it depends on all of the little details 900 EUR may sound a lot but it really, really isn’t for a full wordpress from psd conversion

200 EUR and 75% percent seems okay seeing as the full price would be 900 EUR

but it’s about both parties, I’ve got friends I’ve met on themeforest and I wouldn’t be surprised if he quoted me around £1,500 – £2,000 for a psd to HTML5 conversion let alone WP

238 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sweden
dansjostedt says

Thank you all for your replies! I know 150-300 EUR is not a very high price but then again most of the time I do it under the table sort of speak..

But I will try to finnish of all the psd files (got 5 out of 7 right now) and then upload it here as a psd theme and if it is accepted I guess someone will probably want to code it =)

46 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
pixel_coder says

Try to Approval PSD, if your get approval I can code. np.

• Beta Tester
  • Elite Author
  • United States
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

150 eur for a complete WP theme…This is definitely a joke. Please learn the prices, living in a poor country is not an excuse for that, if you can find good coders for $2 an hour or whatever you’re looking for, send them to me, I can provide them work for the next 5 years at least.

7175 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

just a reminder, price depends on quality also. Is not automatically 900 or 10000 just because other designers sell it like that.

• Beta Tester
  • Elite Author
  • United States
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

Sure, I’m talking about the quality from ThemeForest here and the quality of most of the ThemeForest developers here.

238 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sweden
dansjostedt says

150 eur for a complete WP theme…This is definitely a joke. Please learn the prices, living in a poor country is not an excuse for that, if you can find good coders for $2 an hour or whatever you’re looking for, send them to me, I can provide them work for the next 5 years at least.

The reason I am writing is because I want a better view on what price is good/bad.. The pages I’ve payed 150 EUR for is mostly not more advanced than a startpage and pre-made subpages made by myself..

I do have alot of coders that can code for 2 EUR /h but most of them can’t provide as fast as I need them to =)

Edit: or with the quality that my current clients want *

by
by
by
by
by
by