• Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Germany
+2 more
Creattive says

I’m not going to say a lot about this, but these kind of posts/threads are just ridiculous. You are losing more and more the trust of the people who let you earn around 100 million dollars. I think the increasing posts of people complaining should tell you something.

People tend to overestimate what they can do in one day. People also overestimated what you (envato) can do in 3 years.

Let’s hope your Envato 2020 does still contain the community. In 2013, it does not, really. Only milking the cow

5754 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

What is exactly the “community” mean? Does that include a one time buyer and consider their needs?
http://www.envato.com/community

The last line of the page confuses a lot – and the word “community” translates in to “users” :

There are over 3 million members in the Envato community. Visit one of our sites to meet many more!

242 posts WordPress Theme Devoloper
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+1 more
kayapati says

Collis you are ROCK!

6 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United Kingdom
SHINDIMUSIC says

Hey, We’re new and that insight was appreciated. Onwards and upwards ;)

7177 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
+1 more
doru says

I’m not going to say a lot about this, but these kind of posts/threads are just ridiculous. You are losing more and more the trust of the people who let you earn around 100 million dollars. I think the increasing posts of people complaining should tell you something.

This lack of involvement in these important debates is puzzling me

There’s the possibility that some part of staff is afraid in getting into this threads even if maybe they would had an opinion, because this may negatively influence their jobs.

If this is the truth then I can understand till a point, everyone have a family but you should also have some courage there, else why you are living for?

for who sit higher than them, if your staff is not allowed to express themselves then the company will be damaged

Take this thread.

Apart a few replies by Collis no one is around. Maybe you are afraid of Collis?

We know is a nice guy or maybe you know something we don’t know? :) Apart this obvious bad joke, but really?

No one have something to say about that header subject from the other thread? And about those ratings problems thread? Or about what Collis said in his blogpost?

5179 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

Hey guys. I’d like to get this thread back on track if we can. This is a thread detailing some of the things Collis finds important and what he sees as a great future for the company. It is not meant to be a list of things we are or are not currently working on.

There seems to be a growing trend to try and use every thread to bring focus onto a particular feature that you would like to see on the Marketplaces. I’m going to let you know, that we’re very aware of the pain points and the areas that you’ve requested improvements for.

We know that rating improvements are important to you, as is the homepage and a shopping cart and the headerbar… Just because these things are not listed in Collis’ post doesn’t mean we don’t think they exist. The reason we may not be replying to some of these threads is simply because we have replied, perhaps several times already, and we have your concerns recorded and listed in very important places. And in a lot of cases, we’re actually working on them right now but haven’t been able to share any of the progress yet.

The fact that Collis’ vision completely revolves around Community should indicate how much we value your input and making you successful. I know I was completely pumped when I read it. While we may not be able to act on every suggestion, we still very much value your feedback. So instead of using this thread to voice concern over features that haven’t been introduced yet, lets use it to let Collis know how we can draw Envato closer to its amazing community.

591 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ghana
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
IsaacA says

Hey guys. I’d like to get this thread back on track if we can. This is a thread detailing some of the things Collis finds important and what he sees as a great future for the company. It is not meant to be a list of things we are or are not currently working on.

There seems to be a growing trend to try and use every thread to bring focus onto a particular feature that you would like to see on the Marketplaces. I’m going to let you know, that we’re very aware of the pain points and the areas that you’ve requested improvements for.

We know that rating improvements are important to you, as is the homepage and a shopping cart and the headerbar… Just because these things are not listed in Collis’ post doesn’t mean we don’t think they exist. The reason we may not be replying to some of these threads is simply because we have replied, perhaps several times already, and we have your concerns recorded and listed in very important places. And in a lot of cases, we’re actually working on them right now but haven’t been able to share any of the progress yet.

The fact that Collis’ vision completely revolves around Community should indicate how much we value your input and making you successful. I know I was completely pumped when I read it. While we may not be able to act on every suggestion, we still very much value your feedback. So instead of using this thread to voice concern over features that haven’t been introduced yet, lets use it to let Collis know how we can draw Envato closer to its amazing community.

Great! You said it like it is… I trust you guys at Envato and have all the patience…

1090 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
ImanGM says

Edited: ^^ +1 ;)

I think new header layout is not what the CEO of a company like Envato should care about it. It has its own thread. I don’t like it too but it doesn’t mean that if I don’t like it, it should be removed immediately.

For sure they are collecting data from users activity and will improve it if they find out that it’s not helping overall marketplaces sales volume.

It’s a community and a community does not mean me, you and some other members :)

Cheers

591 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ghana
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
IsaacA says

Edited: ^^ +1 ;)

I think new header layout is not what the CEO of a company like Envato should care about it. It has its own thread. I don’t like it too but it doesn’t mean that if I don’t like it, it should be removed immediately.

For sure they are collecting data from users activity and will improve it if they find out that it’s not helping overall marketplaces sales volume.

It’s a community and a community does not mean me, you and some other members :)

Cheers

Hey Imangm I like your pic man! Like a top boss!

5754 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

So instead of using this thread to voice concern over features that haven’t been introduced yet, lets use it to let Collis know how we can draw Envato closer to its amazing community.

I made a suggestion with some bitterness on this topic. That is – to look the members as users of these marketplace rather than looking them collectively as community member. Why? Because any user of these marketplaces may not necessarily participate here for decades. An author or buyer’s 3 to 12 months presence also adds value to the community / marketplace / system.

So I would request having realistic short term plans that cares about today’s users too and raise the service quality / consistency. Not sure how these very long term visions (like 7 years) can be a bigger subject as of today for this community (of course except for the staffs).

by
by
by
by
by
by