(background graphic courtesy http://photodune.net/item/soccer-stadium/5555647)
The most exciting event on the planet is about to kick off, the Envato Football Cup.
32 player will be drawn from a ballot and the competition will run from June 10 – 23.
- PS3 only. Sorry Xbox owners.
- You must play on a PS3 using the official 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil game. We realise not everyone has the luxury of owning a PS3 and a copy of the game. Sorry if this makes you feel excluded. Perhaps you can play at an Internet cafe or if you happen to be in Melbourne, Australia you are more than welcome to join us at our head office where we will have a nice setup for the tournament! Just get in touch with us via this forum thread.
- 32 players.
- You may choose any national team you like. However you must play with that team throughout the tournament. You cannot switch teams later on, so pick carefully. You can only pick countries that have qualified for this year’s World Cup. We want to make it feel authentic
- Game speed: Normal, Half time: 7 minutes, Weather: Sunny, Difficulty: Professional (this will only affect the goalkeeper quality), All else: Default
- In the case of a draw, play in ‘classic’ extra time, followed by a penalty shootout in case the score is still a draw. There must be a winner.
- No custom players, and no tweaking player stats to your liking, cheeky!
- If you don’t turn up, you will be automatically disqualified. Sorry! We need to keep the competition going.
- Be nice! Any rude, or unsportsmanlike behaviour will result in disqualification. We want to create a warm and fun atmosphere. However you can tell Damir how terrible the search user experience is if you want to trash talk him during the match.
How will it work?
- Enter your interests by filling out the ballot entry form. We will draw the ballot on June 10.
- If you one of the lucky ones (there will be 32 in total) who have been drawn from the ballot, you will immediately find out who your opponent is. The ballot will be recorded as a video and link to it will be placed on this forum thread.
- Every game is a knockout game. There are no group stages. After every round of knockout games we will update this forum thread, where we announce the scores and update the tournament table. This is where you will again find out who your next opponent is, including their PSN username. For every game we will give you a due date to submit your final score.
- Once you find out your opponent’s username, add them as a friend on PlayStation Network. Then start the official 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil game. From the main screen select “Online Friendly” and find your opponent from your friends list to play a head-to-head online match against them.
- It’s up to you and your opponent to get in touch, organise a time, create an online game between each other, play the game and tell us the final score. We will not be doing this for you. All we give you is the match schedule and the due date for you to submit the final score. We are not the referee. We trust you to organise yourselves and honestly tell us the end score.
PrizesYes there are prizes to be won! All 32 players will receive the Envato Football Cup participant badge and the winner will receive the spectacular, dazzling, Envato Football Cup trophy.
When does it start?The tournament will start on June 10 and the final match will be played on June 23.
What if both my opponent and I choose the same team? For example if I’m Brazil and my opponent also choses Brazil? How will that work? No problemo. Just play the game anyway. Make sure that one picks the home jersey and the other the away jersey to make it easy for yourselves.
What if both my opponent and I can’t find a good time that suits us? We realise that it may not be easy to organise a match with people being in different countries and time zones. Do your best, but in case you really can’t organise a time that suits you both, then we will flip a coin and choose the winner for you. However, you must notify us before your due date that you can’t organise a suitable time, otherwise both players will be disqualified if we don’t hear from them. Sorry, but we need to keep the tournament going.
What if my opponent doesn’t turn up when promised? Be patient for a while. They might be running late. If your opponent doesn’t turn up at all and hasn’t notified you about running late then they will be disqualified. Again, we will not be policing this. We trust that you will be honest with us here folks.
Can we upload videos of us playing the matches? Absolutely. You can add links to videos of the match or goals on the forum. Selfies are welcome too. If you can figure out a way to live broadcast your matches that would be even better. We want to make this as fun as possible so feel free to suggest ideas as well.
Entries are now closedSorry but the entries are now closed so that the tournament can commence.
Wow this is really cool! Sooo wish i had a ps3 tho Best of luck to the ones who get chosen
I own a ps3 and might have to buy FIFA now:) great idea!
Why PS3 PS4 is the way. You should really make it for PS4 as well. I want that badge. Perhaps I can play with revaxarts for it?
man this awesome, but where to find a ps3 with that game?
I will surely watch this hope it will be videos
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.