1238 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

Before 3 years the things was different.I remember that new files was staying on the front page at least 4 days,somethimes 5 or 6 or 7..!But now the authors are much more and this is the reason.The front page exposure is very important.Maybe if Envato make the pages with 60 items,that will double the front page but i really don’t know if that will help somehow.Other marketplaces have a 30 items per page,60 items per page,100 items per page option.Maybe this can be done here too cuz i really think that 30 items per page are small number.

+1 this

with more authors onboard, the trend will continue to have a flood of new projects push others off the front page faster, so making more projects on front page is great idea.

personally I almost never use the search engine and always go to frontpage, with bookmark link at:

http://videohive.net/category/after-effects-project-files

is my bookmark.

so

a) have 50-60 items on front page not just 30

and

b) how about video mouseover thumbnails like all other ae template sites have?

3771 posts After Effects Templates
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
miseld says

b) how about video mouseover thumbnails like all other ae template sites have?

+1

824 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+4 more
MotionRevolver Reviewer says

I can’t seem to find the post, but I remember something on this topic a few months back.

It revealed that a very low percentage of sales are derived from the front page, and the vast majority of sales are generated through searches. Most customers are going to dig a bit to find what they need, not just settle for what they instantly find on the front page.

I used to put a lot of stock in front-page face time as well, but it turns out to not be not nearly as important as you’d think.

As long as your items are tagged and described well (and of course high quality) they’ll sell in high volumes over time, no matter how long they’re on the front page.

cloud9communication
cloud9communication Recent Posts
Threads Started
595 posts
  • India
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
cloud9communication says

There are very few buyers who buy through front page and lots and lots beyond our imagination buy through search authors here see analytics and see wow I got this much views guys most of them are not buyers but fellow authors I guess it’s time you should accept it as after few month a project will remain on front page only for couple of hours as more buyers are coming so for sure more sellers will come

On one hand you people used to say why it takes so much time to approve and now they are approving fast so it’s going to happen and pls stop criticising stock footage guys they are also doing there work and you can’t say your work is more important then there work if spend so much time in creating project they spend lots of money to shoot that footage

487 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+3 more
steve314 says

I used to see all new uploaded AE projects! But the number is increasing so fast, I can’t but only now check projects from the authors I follow (top right on the frontpage) and the on the popular files…
I hope increasing number of projects is synched with increasing number of buyers!

39 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Europe
WalkOnVisuals says

Last few days were crazy because it was a long weekend. But if the new projects (and authors) keep coming this fast, soon it will be one day per project files page.

1504 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
cyzer says

I can’t seem to find the post, but I remember something on this topic a few months back.

It revealed that a very low percentage of sales are derived from the front page, and the vast majority of sales are generated through searches. Most customers are going to dig a bit to find what they need, not just settle for what they instantly find on the front page.

I used to put a lot of stock in front-page face time as well, but it turns out to not be not nearly as important as you’d think.

As long as your items are tagged and described well (and of course high quality) they’ll sell in high volumes over time, no matter how long they’re on the front page.

Sorry but I have to disagree. The first exposure of item means it gets bought and gets maybe rated(wich is super important to newly born item), that determines where item is in the search list (relevance list when it is searched). So first exposure is almost crucial for newly uploaded item.

337 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
realthing says

10 hours in the front page and….now i am out. I think this is a record.

2255 posts Small, but tough
  • Elite Author
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Nope, I think I’m still keeping the record with 8 :P

337 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
realthing says

Nope, I think I’m still keeping the record with 8 :P

Yeah… it was my project that throw out yours ….:p

by
by
by
by
by
by