1080 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Kuwait
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Madness says

anyone of you guys who own the new 24 inch imac have this problem?

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=5166261#51662618

set your bg to a solid color and look carefully…

cuz i,m thinking of getting one my self

116 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
trepn says

I’ve worked as an Apple engineer till a year ago and yes most imacs 24” have this problem, some more than other. If the problem occurs within warranty you can bring it in and get a new display, but it probably wont be any better. If you really want a HQ display you’ll have to go for a mac pro with cinema display. They use cheaper displays for the imacs so you can’t expect the same quality.

3402 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
+1 more
bobocel says

Bummer. I have two 24” iMacs coming. I’ve heard about some other issues on the 20” ones, and this is why I choose the larger screen.

So I don’t have to go and read all that stuff, what is the issue you guys are talking about? :D

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

People tend to notice, that the monitors in the 24’s are sort of like a gradient. Like the right 4-6 inches of the monitor are a bit darker than the rest of the screen. Like a gradient. But people are seeing it mostly when the bg is a solid color. I have heard of some others having it so bad that its visible all the time. Like theres a cloud over half the screen. You can return them and get them replace for this issue, I am pretty positive, but it sucks for you Bobo since your getting them shipped to Aus, and you would have to go through all of the hassle of sending it back out and blah blah blah. Lets just hope that your dual 24’s dont have this issue.

3069 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says

well… apple says that imac displays are not for professional work…
for pro work you need to buy the mac pro and those apple cinema displays…

a little ripoff if you ask me..

932 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
JWG says

Yeah I agree, an another thing… Has anyone else noticed that since Apple moved over to intel chips and dropped the prices on their computers, that the hardware seems to be lacking in quality. Six years ago, an apple computer was unstoppable, now it seems like they wanted to grow more than they wanted to continue making top quality products. Once they went intel and started building all their hardware in China, the quality went down. I never had or heard of any problems before, and not only have I had problems with almost every MacBook Pro 15” I have bought but my iMac had the problem addressed above. Not very happy lately with Apple, but they still beat the hell out of Microsoft on all levels!

3402 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
+1 more
bobocel says

I’ve been waiting for almost two months now for the two to come. I sure hope they won’t have any issues or I’ll need to refuse them, and wait two more months maybe? :D

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

I’m sure you will be satisfied bobo. I saw the issue at hand on one of the iMacs at my local Apple store, and I could only see it when the wallpaper was a solid color. I think this would only be a hindrance if you were working with a lot of video, or if you were a professional photographer that needed to get levels and shit correct in your pictures. But if you are doing flash and things like that…this really shouldnt be an issue. Also there is a big possibility that your comps will be in perfect condition. Someone point out the issue to me in the store. They had about 12×24” iMacs on display, and it was the only one that had the issue. Im sure you got nothing to worry about.

572 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • France
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
wildwise says

I don’t have this problem… At least, I didn’t notice it so it’s not obvious on mine.
@mac: If some of your products are not made for pros, why is it not written on it? Why don’t you have several ranges like “pro” and “amateur” hardware? If it’s not good enough for pros, why do you sell it? Why is it not called “fisher price” (which is a toy brand for those who don’t know :))? The answer from apple about the pro thing and the cinema display sucks, especially when you look at the price of this computer. This is why some people will always prefer PC. Handmade PC for pro: 500€ + 400€ for a good widescreen. 24” iMac, not for pros: 1800€. Know what I mean ?

572 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • France
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
wildwise says

PS: I’m satisfied of my iMac but I’m pissed off about this answer from apple. The only acceptable answer was: “we’re sorry that we didn’t provide the best screen you are in right to wait from us, because apple is always providing the best, we will replace it.”
P0nkAss m0th3rF… :D

by
by
by
by
by
by