2 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
funkdaweb says

1 – In AS3 is it possible to add a class to a dynamically loaded image? (like right clicking and viewing properties if it was in the library) If so can anyone point me to an example of how to go about it?

2 – Is there a simple way to convert text to a shape (break apart) using actionscript? (not using double break apart in flash)

3 – Does anyone have an idea how to fix this error… ArgumentError: Error #2015: Invalid BitmapData.

2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+1 more
LucidStudios says

Your 3rd question’s answer can be:

If your image width or height is greater than 2880 pixels then you will get Invalid BitmapData error

584 posts It's just life. Just live it.
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
+2 more
Themes-Dojo says

Good questions. I would like to know the answers too. :)

3069 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says

1 – you can use right-click menu to show some image informations… but you need to script all that… i think i saw some examples here on flashden(options like download image)
2 – why you need that? ... fonts are shapes/vectors … maybe you need to break the string with the text and use the letters for animations & stuff…?
3 – Invalid BitmapData – maybe you pass to a Bitmap or to a BitmapData function a variable that not has a bitmapData data type?

2 posts
funkdaweb says

hey guys thanks for the help!

SaafiDesign – i will have to check this as im not sure of the exact size!

wickedpixel - 1 – I don’t want the user to be able to right click the image, I meant if I right click inside flash (not flash player) and i get the properties box, click the ‘export for actionscript’ box then give it a class name.

2 – So i can print a PDF without any fonts so it can be ripped straight to i banner printer

3 – I will have to check this!

thanks! :)

2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+1 more
LucidStudios says
SaafiDesign – i will have to check this as im not sure of the exact size!

You can find this in the documentation:

BitmapData () Constructor

public function BitmapData(width:int, height:int, transparent:Boolean = true, fillColor:uint = 0xFFFFFFFF)

Language Version : ActionScript 3.0 Player Version : Flash Player 9

Creates a BitmapData object with a specified width and height. If you specify a value for the fillColor parameter, every pixel in the bitmap is set to that color.

By default, the bitmap is created as transparent, unless you pass the value false for the transparent parameter. After you create an opaque bitmap, you cannot change it to a transparent bitmap. Every pixel in an opaque bitmap uses only 24 bits of color channel information. If you define the bitmap as transparent, every pixel uses 32 bits of color channel information, including an alpha transparency channel.

The maximum width and maximum height of a BitmapData object is 2880 pixels. If you specify a width or height value that is greater than 2880, a new instance is not created.

691 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
geoken says

So you’re trying to create a class which houses an image?

by
by
by
by
by
by