140 posts moutheme
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
moutheme says

This is very frustrating, i have work with my team very hard for my last work in last 3 month just to see my work 9-10 hours in first page… And the funny is that all our works (WordPress) are replace by Muse Themes, Cooming Soon etc need just 3-4 days works… rreally Envato need to do a new structure for the homepage part…

Please share your opinion

Thanks, Moutheme Team

1600 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says

This is very frustrating, i have work with my team very hard for my last work in last 3 month just to see my work 9-10 hours in first page… And the funny is that all our works (WordPress) are replace by Muse Themes, Cooming Soon etc need just 3-4 days works… rreally Envato need to do a new structure for the homepage part…

Please share your opinion

Thanks, Moutheme Team

Agree with the homepage Exposure time , but please don’t be so sure about the development times of the items other than WordPress.

Kind Regards,
Bedros

622 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+5 more
Pirenko says

I don’t know exactly how buyers look at the homepage, but I think that if they are looking for a WP theme they will select the top filter. So “you” are still there… I think that the number of accepted WP themes accepted in the last days is good enough in terms of exposure.

506 posts Code is Poetry
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
egemenerd says
247 posts themesdepot.org
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has referred 10+ members
+6 more
ThemesDepot says

Personally i never look at the “all file” page or at the homepage at all.

1506 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

Well actually just check your google analytics while on first page and after you get off, you will see the drastic difference.

2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Got to agree that something has to be done here – worked on my Holiday email and within hours I’m halfway down the second full page of new items.

Jonathan

140 posts moutheme
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
moutheme says

Agree with the homepage Exposure time , but please don’t be so sure about the development times of the items other than WordPress.

Kind Regards,
Bedros

Bedros im a developer and i know how time need a simple page. Need to give more space to WordPress theme…

I don’t know exactly how buyers look at the homepage, but I think that if they are looking for a WP theme they will select the top filter. So “you” are still there… I think that the number of accepted WP themes accepted in the last days is good enough in terms of exposure.

I just see the envato analytics and visits are dropped with 20%, so…again need to add more space for the WP themes, or a different part in homepage!

Personally i never look at the “all file” page or at the homepage at all.

Me too, but we are not buyers, dont know what buyers see

Well actually just check your google analytics while on first page and after you get off, you will see the drastic difference.

I checked and sure have a difference :(

Got to agree that something has to be done here – worked on my Holiday email and within hours I’m halfway down the second full page of new items.

Jonathan

My new theme its just hidden for 9 hours and this is very sad for all authors not just for me…

1020 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

I buy items from themeforest, but I never buy them just because they are on the front page.

It’s true, I check the front page daily to see the new themes, but only because I am curious about new designs or technologies used.

I bought only once an item from the front page, but only because it was very similar to one of my items and I wanted to check if the code was copied from me.

When I buy themes, I always use these steps:
  • I search using some keywords
  • then I use the category filters at right
  • then I sort “by rating” to see especially the themes that have good ratings and many sales.
  • I choose 2-3 themes and I decide which one to buy based on theme’s comments section

So, don’t worry, if your themes are good and you have good ratings, you’ll have sales.

There are other ways to keep/increase your exposure than being on the front page: SEO your website, offer free items, create social media advertising, being active in Envato forums, create new items, etc and a lot more…

2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

As mentioned by other authors, the analytics clearly show the increase of exposure to our products while on the home page, I’m aware that some buyers don’t follow this path but again the analytics clearly show that the majority do.

Jonathan

by
by
by
by
by
by