5 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
DKG55 says

Here’s what I sent support a few mins ago regarding System32’s HostMe template… hope someone can help with:

Hello,

I’d like to relate the three issues that I’m having with the $40 Hostme (by System32) template The template is located at: http://www.dkgnet.com/appiesnet/wordpress/ on my server and here’s the reference to the TF listing: http://themeforest.net/item/hostme-premium-hosting-business-wordpress-theme/164563

Firstly, I really like the template and most of the features do work but I’m having probs with three areas/options that I have alot of time invested in trying to rectify the issues/errors. I won’t be able to use this template unless I can fix the 3 problems listed below.

The first issue I noticed was that I cannot control ANY colors using the color-picker page at: http://www.dkgnet.com/appiesnet/wordpress/wp-admin/admin.php?page=admin_interface.php#Colors - I can provide user/pass. After many attempts to edit colors, especially the navigation, I have concluded that something is broken. The nav color edits/adjustment just will not stick… see attachment named “color-mngmt-area.gif”. The current navigation colors and some sizes aren’t really editable withing the style.css or the within the color-picker itself. Maybe there’s another style sheet that works in conjunction with the style.css file?

The second issue has to do with the Shortcode feature. The template puts a clickable “S” into the page’s WYSIWYGs but when I click on it, I get a server error (see screenshot named “screenshot-shortcode-button-server-error.gif”). This error might have something to do with the permissions or something within “tinymce” at: wordpress/wp-content/themes/hostme/lib/admin - or within the Shortcode files/folders at: wordpress/wp-content/themes/hostme/lib/functions/shortcode .

The third issue pertains to the “Domain Search” feature/option. I like this feature but when a domain is searched it goes to the https://www.securepaynet.net/gdshop/registrar/search.asp?prog%5Fid=nerdWarehouse reseller. I need to change this to use my reseller URL. I’ve looked everywhere in trying to change this but I’ve not been able to locate where to make the change.

I’ve attached 2 screenshots demonstrating the first 2 issues.

Sure hope you all can help or get System32 to respond.

Thx,

Dan Gargus

512 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
AlexFjord says

Support is voluntary so it may take a short while. Are you definitely using the latest verison released on the 14th? You did send your problems to the author not to envato right?

3166 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

Without seeing the back end there is little people can do regarding colour pickers and shortcode buttons but just so you know the nav colours is in style.css line 1668 and size is in skin.php line 18

The shortocdes could be to do with permissions but I don’t see any screenshots above? When you say “server error” that usually means a problem at your end not the theme.

The search thing may well be covered in the documentation but based on inspecting the page it is controlled within a form class so this is most likely somewhere in the theme options for example I can see just by looking at the item page there is an option in the theme options called “domain search” that would be my first point of call.

As Alex said support is voluntary but they are an elite so hopefully it will come quick. You can always post in the item comments

5 posts
DKG55 says

Support is voluntary so it may take a short while. Are you definitely using the latest verison released on the 14th? You did send your problems to the author not to envato right?

Thx!

I’m using v2.2 which is the latest that I know of.

5 posts
DKG55 says

Without seeing the back end there is little people can do regarding colour pickers and shortcode buttons but just so you know the nav colours is in style.css line 1668 and size is in skin.php line 18

The shortocdes could be to do with permissions but I don’t see any screenshots above? When you say “server error” that usually means a problem at your end not the theme.

The search thing may well be covered in the documentation but based on inspecting the page it is controlled within a form class so this is most likely somewhere in the theme options for example I can see just by looking at the item page there is an option in the theme options called “domain search” that would be my first point of call.

As Alex said support is voluntary but they are an elite so hopefully it will come quick. You can always post in the item comments

THX VERY MUCH!

Concerning the nav color… I changed to what I wanted to try for the black bar but it also changed the primary nav links beside the logo. In so doing the primary link color is too light for the white bg but it’s fine for the black bar. Is there a way to differentiate?

The Domain Search feature is within the Theme Options but the actual form is not editable… just the elements around the form (r/h side and pricing etc). I’ll look over the classes again to see if I can find the reference to: form method=”post” action=”https://www.securepaynet.net/gdshop/registrar/search.asp?prog%5Fid=nerdWarehouse” class=”domainsearch”

5 posts
DKG55 says

I located a skin.php in the css folder but Line 18 contained just the ?> .

3166 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

Style.css line 1668 you will need to add a font size and color to this rule as other wise if you change it elsewhere it will change elsewhere so you will have to change those back manually too.

.nav li a {
color: rgb(119, 119, 119);
text-decoration: none;
ADD WHAT SIZE YOU WANT: font-size: xx px;
ADD WHAT COLOR YOU WANT: color: rgb (.......);
}

You should try and make these changes in a custom CSS option if there is one or even add a plugin that allows you to do this because as ALL of these are controlled from the options panel (assuming it is really not working) when the author fixes it you will need to put it all back again and that is much harder if you have manually edited the actual stylesheets

I REALLY cannot stress enough how much better it would be to wait for the author to reply

5 posts
DKG55 says

Thx again for the assistance!

I have copies of the default style.css - can’t I just upload it before if and when there is a fix?

by
by
by
by
by
by